Barbers Hill vs. Silsbee - Predictions

Guest Farmer Fran

This is  a tough one the ant-hill faithful  have been strangely quiet about their team ( not necessary a bad thing -"no what I mean Vern" )  could mean they suck or they might surprise some people . Gadge will have them ready and if they discover how to pass it just might be a close game .

I don't think we can call this a down year for BH they return 14 starters ..8 on offense and 6 on Defense. Sure we have lost some long time starters, but I think we will be competitive. We may have not seen any passing over the past 4 years because of the QB during that time wasn't a very good passer, but a heck of an athlete! BH gets a good test in this first game going against some speed in the spread, but since Silsbee doesn't have the Crosby twins I think we will be ok :) BH by 7. Didn't see much of the scrimmage last Friday, but what I did see wasn't too shaby:) 

I don't think we can call this a down year for BH they return 14 starters ..8 on offense and 6 on Defense. Sure we have lost some long time starters, but I think we will be competitive. We may have not seen any passing over the past 4 years because of the QB during that time wasn't a very good passer, but a heck of an athlete! BH gets a good test in this first game going against some speed in the spread, but since Silsbee doesn't have the Crosby twins I think we will be ok :) BH by 7. Didn't see much of the scrimmage last Friday, but what I did see wasn't too shaby:) 

True on the returners, but from a team that didn't make the playoffs. We have some good players no doubt, but size is going to hurt us this year IMO. If we pass more then maybe so, but if the line is getting blown off of the ball on both sides it could be trouble is all i'm saying.

You know what was reported coming back is not a true statement.BH should be a contender w/8 & 6 ret starters.Looking over the 2013 roster & you said it BH graduated the House.So 26 srs gone & 8 were starters. :rolleyes: :ph34r:

looking at the roster it looks like BH does have some size.  280 ,260, 245, ...ETC......  unless your looking for 300 plus pounds your looking in the wrong place.

And we know nobody would inflate height, weight, and 40 times. Lol  I thought the center had good size, but I didn't see size on the rest of the line. I was at the scrimmage and the QB didn't have much time to throw. I'm just going off of a couple practices I've been to and watching the entire scrimmage. I don't have a roster, but I'm betting some of those guys if that big aren't starting. I understand we won't have 300 plus lb guys. I really don't care how big they are as long as we can block somebody long enough for the RB to get through the line or a WR to get open. On the defensive side, as long as we can get some penetration and just play gap assignment. We'll see how it goes. It's early and i'm hoping for a good year from my Eagles.

Tradin up I definitely see where you are coming from . I went to the scrimmage and didn't watch long, but when HF line makes your line look small then your probably a little light on the line :) Hopefully the lack of size will be replaced by speed and athletics for like you said holding the blocks long enough for the backs to get through.  Still early and I'm just picking BH because I'm a homer :D  and without proof not ready to say we are not going to be good this year. Silsbee will be a good test....Can't wait for Friday Night Lights :rolleyes:

Tradin up I definitely see where you are coming from . I went to the scrimmage and didn't watch long, but when HF line makes your line look small then your probably a little light on the line :) Hopefully the lack of size will be replaced by speed and athletics for like you said holding the blocks long enough for the backs to get through.  Still early and I'm just picking BH because I'm a homer :D  and without proof not ready to say we are not going to be good this year. Silsbee will be a good test....Can't wait for Friday Night Lights :rolleyes:

No problem, just in 3 years I've been here this is the smallest I've seen us. Good luck to the Eagles.