Ferguson Looting...

smitty

Plenty of posters have tried to say that this board has gotten silly.  It was always ignored.    Hoops actually did a good thing by showing just how bad this forum has become.

Westend, silly is always in the eye of the beholder.  So, with that being said, what has made this forum silly as for as you are concerned?

Westend, silly is always in the eye of the beholder.  So, with that being said, what has made this forum silly as for as you are concerned?

I will speak for me......

I have an opinion that usually does not side with the extreme right or left. When a topic is posted, if I am not familiar with it, I will do some research. I will form my opinion and usually fall more to the right than left. I can't and never do ALWAYS agree with the extreme right.

This forum has become a dumping ground of right winged articles......

Debates have turned to arguments and questions are answered with another question. Posters are calling other posters stupid because they do not agree.

If you go to The Locker Room, although often heated, at least there is conversation and not JUST talking points.

All of the above is why this forum has become silly.

I will speak for me......

I have an opinion that usually does not side with the extreme right or left. When a topic is posted, if I am not familiar with it, I will do some research. I will form my opinion and usually fall more to the right than left. I can't and never do ALWAYS agree with the extreme right.

This forum has become a dumping ground of right winged articles......

Debates have turned to arguments and questions are answered with another question. Posters are calling other posters stupid because they do not agree.

If you go to The Locker Room, although often heated, at least there is conversation and not JUST talking points.

All of the above is why this forum has become silly.

VERY well stated. Couldn't possibly agree more. With all of it.

How about a have a reasonable discussion of some current event?   The situation in Iraq.  How does ISIS decide who they are going to kill?   Doesn't seem to be just christians.   Is it everybody wo won't join them?

Are we doing enough to help those trapped on the mountain?  

This is just a test to see if it can be done.

How about a have a reasonable discussion of some current event?   The situation in Iraq.  How does ISIS decide who they are going to kill?   Doesn't seem to be just christians.   Is it everybody wo won't join them?

Feel free to bring it up at any time.  Not a problem!

Within 3 replies that thread will turn into a "obamas foreign policy sucks" echo chamber

I know Obama is president and deserve criticism. But Obama is not the whole political landscape. It's millions of topics we could debate. But some seem only interested in bashing Obama/prasing Obama.

Yes he does........I remember defending Bush for 8 years on this site....The difference is we debated by discussion, not by posting links......