50 must see high school football games

Octfeb

http://www.texasfootball.com/highschool-news/view/180856

49. Port Neches-Groves at Nederland (Week 8)

One of the most heated rivalries in the state, Mid-County Madness is back for another year. But the 2014 version of this game is a little more special. Why? It’s slated to become the Bum Phillips Bowl. The winner of this matchup will take home a trophy created with Phillips’ likeness. The Texas icon coached at both schools, which are separated by a mere eight miles, before going on to coach for the Houston Oilers.

http://ns1.texasfootball.com/highschool-news/view/180857

39. Brenham at Houston Stratford (Week 7)

One of the major surprises from last year’s playoffs was Houston Stratford. The unranked Spartans caught fire in the postseason and rolled all the way to the state semifinals. For Brenham, it was business as usual as the Cubs reached the 4A Division II state final for the second time in four years. Both teams are poised for deep runs in 2014 and will meet in the defacto 19-5A district title game. Brenham brings back our 5A coverboy Earnest Patterson, who rushed for over 2,400 yards a year ago while Stratford returns our district Defensive MVP Mikal Pruitt. We can’t wait for those two and their teams to collide.

http://ww.texasfootball.com/index.php/highschool-news/view/180858

30. West Orange-Stark at Jasper (Week 3)

Though they’re separated by just 65 miles, West Orange-Stark and Jasper find themselves in different regions of the state (the Golden Triangle and the Piney Woods, respectively), and seem to subscribe to their region’s native style of play. For Jasper, there’s plenty of speedy weapons offensively, especially WR Chris Spikes and do-it-all athlete Randy Spikes. For West Orange-Stark, it’s crushing defense, led by all-everything DB Deionte Thompson. So when they go at it in Week 3, it won’t just be a clash in styles; it’ll be a clash in geography.

28. Coldspring-Oakhurst at Navasota (Week 3)

You have to hand it to Coldspring head coach Bryan Barbay and Navasota head coach Lee Fedora: they aren’t afraid to take on anyone. That’s exactly how you get a non-district matchup between our No. 2 team in 4A DI (Navasota) and our No. 6 team in 4A DII (Coldspring-Oakhurst). But aside from the rankings, this is as tantalizing a matchup as you’ll find in 4A, simply because of the firepower. From Navasota’s WR Jerbrell Lipscomb and RB Derrion Randle, to Coldspring’s RB Daylon Giddens, there are offensive stars everywhere. The difference may be the defenses, where Coldspring has an ace in the hole in LB Alec Dunham. It may not have the sizzle of a district or playoff game, but this one will be electric.

Hey I was looking for that high school web site callled 5A TEXAS FOOTBALL. Did it move or change its name since all the teams mostly went to 6A?

they shut it down and started another site. I dont get on there much because this is the best sports site in Texas right here IMO.

Do you know the name of the new site? I just liked it to keep up with the mustangs and laport

I dont know it off hand, I have to google my username to find it.

I need to see what Laporte has coming this year, gotta feeling that Deer Park game is gonna be a great one.