first day in pads

Looking across both lines I'll say avg 265+.And most will be back w/several sophs & jrs.I said last yr we were young there along w/all but 1 skill player being sophs/jrs(reason we had our worst yr rushing that I can remember)but we did have some untimely injuries as well.On another note**2013 team had just 600 less tot pass yds in 12 games vs the 2008 16 game team=3,195 passing totals.That doesn't bode well for Crosby who's been last in 2 yrs and 2 yds shy of last in Pass Defense the past 3 yrs in 19-4a.The stable is loaded & Rojas hit some 40 yd fg's today.I'll be watching to see how well they perform vs FW scrimmage.Baughman/wr's/rb's were sharp.Go catch a peek for yourself,varsity @10 am** ;)

Please do not compare Triston to 2008 just yet.  2008 = 37 TD passes with 6 Ints.... 2013 = 13 TD's and 14 ints.  Coach Wilson will run an offense that will be much closer to what Bronco fans were accustomed to from 2002 - 2010.  I think Coach Wilson will take care of the defense and do a great job of ball control, taking advantage of the defense trying to cheat to stop the run, the same way that Nations did.  It may take him a couple of scrimmages and games to get his feet under him, but give him a chance to get settled and I think the Bronco fans will like what they see.  I look forward to watching this season and seeing just how far that Coach Hancock can lead this group of Broncos.

You gotta remember though that team had several all state players(alot of srs. & Dugat a parade all-american w/1,700 recieving yds & a qb Green that was on the recruit watch list as a freshman.And 1 stud nose guard we hadn't had since D.Wright.The comparison being made was what last years group did on offense w/a young O/L & almost all jrs in the skill positions in comparison

Here's something to get excited about.Baughman's 1st yr to qb  Vs=@ Crosby 20/34/1 int=288 yds 2 tds*Vs@KWP 28/39/2 ints(pick 6's for 50 yds) 371 pass yds 1 td ***Vs@SC 24/55/4 ints,1 td pass=393 yds ****Rd#1@Butch Vs LCM=10/12/2 ints,1 td pass 203 pass yds *****Rd#2 Vs Brenham (1 of the best secondaries around)14/29/0=334 yds 3 tds,0 ints.All these ROAD GAME stats vs all playoff teams in his 1st yr ever to qb.Now I believe he will have less ints & more yds w/a yr exp.+alot of qb camps.You bet I expect big things 2014 w/wr's back,he finished strong ;)

Offense wins games,defense wins CHAMPIONSHPS.- tell that to Dayton and Sulphur Springs (2008 4a State Championship) set a record for highest scoring game in class 4a State championship game ! Neither team could stop the other ,if it weren't for a couple of key Bronco turn-over's  the score would of been even higher."69/49"

Offense wins games,defense wins CHAMPIONSHPS.- tell that to Dayton and Sulphur Springs (2008 4a State Championship) set a record for highest scoring game in class 4a State championship game ! Neither team could stop the other ,if it weren't for a couple of key Bronco turn-over's  the score would of been even higher."69/49"

What he said,there was 1,300 yds of offense.

What is crazy is, I had a line in the original post saying not to bring that one up simple because it was an anomaly, it is not the rule.  SS had 4 D1 WRs, a D1 RB and a beast at QB, we had a hell of an offense and it got nuts.  Was a fun game for sure.  Boys, all I am saying is this, we can score 40 a game but at some point and time we are going to have to stop someone.  If we could have stopped SS we would have one of those rings, they stopped us 2 more times than we stopped them and they won.

Liltex brought up earlier that we had a lot of all state players that year.  According to the Texas Sports writers we had 1- first team, AJ.  Cody was a third team selection and that was all.  No one on defense.  There are several other all state lists but really none of them mean a hill of beans, even the TSWA.

A good defense allows for you to score a lot of points because they get you the ball back and you have more opportunities.  I believe we will return to the days of being known as a good defensive football team, and when that happens, expectations can really rise.

Just remember, we can all drink the purple kool aid, and believe that we can ride an offense to a championship, but in the end it will come down to being able to stop someone.  Even if it is just one more time than they stop us.

What is crazy is, I had a line in the original post saying not to bring that one up simple because it was an anomaly, it is not the rule. SS had 4 D1 WRs, a D1 RB and a beast at QB, we had a hell of an offense and it got nuts. Was a fun game for sure. Boys, all I am saying is this, we can score 40 a game but at some point and time we are going to have to stop someone. If we could have stopped SS we would have one of those rings, they stopped us 2 more times than we stopped them and they won.

Liltex brought up earlier that we had a lot of all state players that year. According to the Texas Sports writers we had 1- first team, AJ. Cody was a third team selection and that was all. No one on defense. There are several other all state lists but really none of them mean a hill of beans, even the TSWA.

A good defense allows for you to score a lot of points because they get you the ball back and you have more opportunities. I believe we will return to the days of being known as a good defensive football team, and when that happens, expectations can really rise.

Just remember, we can all drink the purple kool aid, and believe that we can ride an offense to a championship, but in the end it will come down to being able to stop someone. Even if it is just one more time than they stop us.

I hope your right. I would love to see the offense mix it up more and a defense that makes me feel like I'm watching a bronco football team. Everyone point you made sounds great. Just a little correction on the SS game. They realized at some point of the game stopping Dayton was not going to happen and attempted an onside kick which worked and changed the game. I'm not sure if that's considered a defensive stop or a good calculated risk by the coach. I mean if it didn't work dayton would go 70yds instead of 50.

After the first day of pads how are your teams looking?

what I saw is a bunch of athletic kids. Everybody looks good in practice so I'm holding of what I think until after the friendswood scrimmage. Even though it's just a scrimmage friendswood is the kind of competition that will definitely show you what needs to be worked on.