Perry Deploys National Guard...

smitty

If spending that money protects our borders from ILLEGALS.....hell yeah its worth it.

There are some truly stupid people in this world with no logical thinking on how a country with our such freedoms can easily lose those freedoms by free loaders.

that's all you who vote for free crap cause your to dang lazy to work.  u ride in your luxury vehicles on 22s but get food stamps.  YOU RE A DISGRACE ...yes a DISGRACE.

Big girl- You seem "suddenly" concerned with costs.  Would you care to compare the cost of the border protection with the cost of housing, feeding, educating, and food stamping all of those who come in here illegally?  Do you not understand that within all of these "poor  helpless" children are some people who are very intent on harming this country?

Big girl- You seem "suddenly" concerned with costs.  Would you care to compare the cost of the border protection with the cost of housing, feeding, educating, and food stamping all of those who come in here illegally?  Do you not understand that within all of these "poor  helpless" children are some people who are very intent on harming this country?

Are about all that money that was spent for the shovel ready jobs that never came to be!

Craig S, your point is well taken.  that being said, the number of illegals coming into this country was happening under bush and every other president.  your argument that we are spending that much money and some how it is going to go down by spending 12 million more a month on national guard is hog wash.

I provided simple math to "show" (If not prove my point) Yet you simply say "hog wash".  Please at least provide an opinion as to WHAT WOULD  WORK.

Please do not say....nothing. Any sane person can see that SOMETHING needs to be done, whether we can all agree on what that is or not.

If spending that money protects our borders from ILLEGALS.....hell yeah its worth it.

There are some truly stupid people in this world with no logical thinking on how a country with our such freedoms can easily lose those freedoms by free loaders.

that's all you who vote for free crap cause your to dang lazy to work.  u ride in your luxury vehicles on 22s but get food stamps.  YOU RE A DISGRACE ...yes a DISGRACE.

if someone have a luxury vehicle...How you think they got it.. Government not giving off vehicles on 22s. And don't forget the trailer parks on 22s also.

I provided simple math to "show" (If not prove my point) Yet you simply say "hog wash". Please at least provide an opinion as to WHAT WOULD WORK. Sooooo it is ok to deploy the national guard and they cant do anything to stop the influx. Are they just going to stand there?

Please do not say....nothing. Any sane person can see that SOMETHING needs to be done, whether we can all agree on what that is or not.

The national guard cant do anything to stop the influx of children.

They are not there for the children, they are there to stop the drug cartels and potential terrorists from sneaking through while the BP is tied up with the kids.  And yes, Perry has the authority as the head of the Texas National Guard unless the federal government orders them to deploy elsewhere.

that is a myth. A person on welfare cannot afford a new luxury vehicle. They might have a 1998 luxury vehicle though.

That's false.  When I was a bank teller, we had a customer who made TRIPLE what I made from govt. direct deposits. She drove a 2011 Tahoe with rims.

That's false.  When I was a bank teller, we had a customer who made TRIPLE what I made from govt. direct deposits. She drove a 2011 Tahoe with rims.

I have banned myself from responding to a certain poster but in response to your post, one of the great myths being put out by the radical left is that the "truth" of what is really happening is "a myth"!!  Now does everyone on welfare abuse it!  No!!  Do enough abuse it that the system is broke!!!  YES!!!!  That is what is unacceptable and causes hard feelings!!!

I have banned myself from responding to a certain poster but in response to your post, one of the great myths being put out by the radical left is that the "truth" of what is really happening is "a myth"!!  Now does everyone on welfare abuse it!  No!!  Do enough abuse it that the system is broke!!!  YES!!!!  That is what is unacceptable and causes hard feelings!!!

Well everyone will agree that the system is broke.  That's not the issue the issue is. Certain people trying to rattle their base calling everyone on welfare takers,lazy  etc. To truly fix this problem it will take brains and understanding. Simply calling people names won't change it. I've heard no reasonable fix to the problem from both sides. 

Well everyone will agree that the system is broke.  That's not the issue the issue is. Certain people trying to rattle their base calling everyone on welfare takers,lazy  etc. To truly fix this problem it will take brains and understanding. Simply calling people names won't change it. I've heard no reasonable fix to the problem from both sides. 

There is no reasonable fix at the federal level...only fix will be to take it back to the states and let them handle welfare any way they want.

Will this ever happen...no, but welfare at the federal level will never work.

So the system being broke and excessive abouse is not an issue, the only issue is poeple who are upset that is is broke and the abuses (conservatives)???  Calling names never solves anything and at the end of the day only deepens the divide.  Bad behavior by one group DOES NOT JUSTIFY bad behavior by the other group. 

That's false. When I was a bank teller, we had a customer who made TRIPLE what I made from govt. direct deposits. She drove a 2011 Tahoe with rims.

you are lying. You cant have a car that is less then 7 yrs old and receive assistance. People on TANF get about 125 per kid. The average SSI disability payment is $710/mo.

you are lying. You cant have a car that is less then 7 yrs old and receive assistance. People on TANF get about 125 per kid. The average SSI disability payment is $710/mo.

Wrong again, for a "so called" educated person you sure aren't very bright.

Fact is, the law is based on a value (currently $11,000) not year of the vehicle. Even with that the states have the flexibility to adjust that or even discard it from the formula in which deems a family eligible.

"Aligning Food Stamp Policy to TANF-MOE-funded Assistance Programs . States may now use in the Food Stamp Program the method for valuing vehicles that the state has established under a TANF/MOE-funded cash or non-cash assistance program[1] so long as it is not more restrictive than federal food stamp rules. For example, Alabama, Ohio, Kansas, Utah, and Maryland are among the states that exclude the value of all vehicles in its TANF cash assistance programs."

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=554

Big Gurl........I have come across many on welfare driving brand new luxury vehicles. When I am behind someone in tha Walmart and watch them get ribeyes and lobster on the lone star card and then whip out a roll of cash to pay for cigs and booze, I then like to follow them out and see what kind of grocery go-getter they drive. Sometimes it is a small non-luxury vehicle but many times it is way more than what you or I drive.

It is done quite a bit. I tend to think it (the extra cash) comes from one of 2 places. First, some illegal activity or trade or 2, they actually work but for cash so it is not reported and the can collect from the gov't. This double dipping, which happens quite a bit, kills us twofold.

Imagine the turnaround in cash flow if 500,000 people went from taking $1600/ month from the system and had a job where they paid $700/ month into the system. What is that, instead of $800,000,000 per month leaving.........we would replace it with $350,000,000 coming in........that is a $1.15 billion a month swing for the good. The jobs are there......they might not be the exact job a person wants but there are jobs to be had. I think the gov't makes it too easy on these folks. Also, by keeping a big group dependant on the gov't keeps them in your back pocket when the voting time comes around.

Granted, there are many who need this system in place to survive but the ones abusing should be put behind bars.