Can Port Arthur's Titans unite TJ, Lincoln fans as one?

• 8 months later...

The oldheads will never accept the change. I accepted it in 2001 when it was told to my class that we would be the last class to graduate before Memorial was created, but they waited an extra yr. IMO it shoulda been 1 HS long long LONG time ago in P.A.

We've talked about this... Some of those old heads and bitter and will never let it go... Little do they realize, this generation of kids could give a rat's arse about Lincoln or TJ and are only Titans.. maybe a few more of the grown ups can lead by example and get ALL of PA to support the titans...

If the old heads would Embrace Memorial as they want the kids to Embrace the old Traditions, I think there could be a transition. I'm secure with the fact that PA Lincoln is gone, but never forgotten. No need to compare because Memorial can't be Lincoln or TJ, personally I wish Memorial would be Better. After all, isn't that what we want for our kids?? Memorial, accept your past(Bees,Jackets,Eagles) & embark on the future

If the old heads would Embrace Memorial as they want the kids to Embrace the old Traditions, I think there could be a transition. I'm secure with the fact that PA Lincoln is gone, but never forgotten. No need to compare because Memorial can't be Lincoln or TJ, personally I wish Memorial would be Better. After all, isn't that what we want for our kids?? Memorial, accept your past(Bees,Jackets,Eagles) & embark on the future

Bingo!  +1

I wish that would happen, might be wishful thinking by me though. 

Lost in PA today is the neighborhood pride that at one time was exhibited through the neighborhood schools. There are no more neighborhood schools in PA. Memorial High is barely even in Port Arthur. Most kids probably feel like they are leaving town when they go to school each morning.

Thats not an issue. Shoulda been one HS to begin with long time ago…… 

I'was class of 10' at memorial my whole family graduated from Lincoln. Them bumble bees loved the beehive. Which I understand but the beehive ain't never coming back. It's hard to generate pride in something that's doesn't really have a real identity. Memorial is the current and the future. Our titans and lady titans. Play for and get there education at Memorial high that's just the way it is. We need all former Lincoln Jefferson and sfa grads to support Memorial High School. At the end of the day it's still P.A.

Cam, I've conversed with those old heads for years and there's just no getting through to most of them... Their set in their ways and beliefs and no one, not even their kids or grandkids can convince them otherwise... Just bitter and narrowminded...

Wow, I hate to hear that. I know sometimes change is slow, but we must move forward. The 3 former schools should be carried in our Hearts. I've stated before, I wish Memorial could be better than what we were. PA!!!!!!!

Mayfield although you may be spot on but that wont help IMO when olden folk are set in their ways. 

Btw: thats an "ugly gold N" you have in that avatar. 

Hey I was told #1 was taken at Memorial, that's the number Tavian wants to wear now-He wants to honor his brother and say Thanks-but Memorial had #1 taken so lol