Big Girl- Proof that "credentials" arent all that is needed

stevenash

Bill Gates at Microsoft and Steve Jobs at Apple both lacked the "credentials" of which you speak. However, there was no doctorate degree or Nobel prize that provided their success.

so Steve you think that anyone can be a nurse, doctor, teacher. It doesnt matter if you go to college

Credentials DO matter but so does experience...I wouldn't want someone doing open heart surgery on me that had only done it a couple of times...no matter how good his transcript looked. You do agree that you would want a cardiologist to do it and not some person who does not have a degree

I also would not want a President that had never had any previous executive experience.

so Steve you think that anyone can be a nurse, doctor, teacher. It doesnt matter if you go to college

Not saying that at all.  But I believe you attach too much importance to grade point averages.  Furthermore, the degree opens the door for you, but you still have to produce and are NOT ENTITLED to anything by the degree except  for a first chance.  There is little, if any correlation between grade point averages and success after college. 

Not saying that at all.  But I believe you attach too much importance to grade point averages.  Furthermore, the degree opens the door for you, but you still have to produce and are NOT ENTITLED to anything by the degree except  for a first chance.  There is little, if any correlation between grade point averages and success after college. 

Yeah, look at Dan "Potato" Quayle. Oh and Rick Perry proved you can make it with a degree and poor grades.

And then there are those who are, by virtue of getting high grades in college, hailed as particularly brilliant, but are totally inept at operating a business.  The Texas economy is one of the best, if not the best in this country.  Dove, tell me how you know about the grades accomplished by Quayle and Perry, but not Mr. Obama?  Where is the "fairness" in that?  I love that you refer to Mr. Quayles "potato" circumstance but you are not troubled at all about "campaigning in all 57 states".  I've got more news for you Dove as far as "making it".  One doesnt need a degree to "make it" as proved by the aforementioned Mr. Gates and Mr. Jobs.

And then there are those who are, by virtue of getting high grades in college, hailed as particularly brilliant, but are totally inept at operating a business.  The Texas economy is one of the best, if not the best in this country.  Dove, tell me how you know about the grades accomplished by Quayle and Perry, but not Mr. Obama?  Where is the "fairness" in that?  I love that you refer to Mr. Quayles "potato" circumstance but you are not troubled at all about "campaigning in all 57 states".  I've got more news for you Dove as far as "making it".  One doesnt need a degree to "make it" as proved by the aforementioned Mr. Gates and Mr. Jobs.

We need more Gates and Jobs

We're gonna need a new President if we want more jobs...ole dumb Rick Perry seems to be a much better job creator than the brilliant Obama.

AMEN  AMEN  AMEN

Compare California and Texas and it says it all about jobs, taxes, regulations, and politics.

Here are a few other guys who "made it" without a college degree

Walt Disney

Abraham Lincoln

Andrew Carnegie

Andrew Jackson

Barry Diller

Ben Franklin

Red McCombs

Coco Chanel

Russell Simmons

Thomas Edison

Steve Wozniak

Richard Branson

Colonel Sanders

Dave Thomas

Frank Lloyd Wright

George Eastman

Wayne Huizenga

Larry Ellison

Mary Kay Ash

Rachel Ray

Ray Kroc

Not saying that at all. But I believe you attach too much importance to grade point averages. Furthermore, the degree opens the door for you, but you still have to produce and are NOT ENTITLED to anything by the degree except for a first chance. There is little, if any correlation between grade point averages and success after college.

so why do you want to see the Predident's transcripts

Big Girl- If Texas is so bad economically speaking, why do you live in Texas? 

Personal income growth in Texas last year was second highest in the nation.  Pretty good for dumb ole Rick Perry, wouldn't you say?  You need to find another direction for your efforts because the business world totally celebrates and admires what has been accomplished economically in Texas and there is nothing you can say or do to change that perception.

Big Girl- If Texas is so bad economically speaking, why do you live in Texas?

Personal income growth in Texas last year was second highest in the nation. Pretty good for dumb ole Rick Perry, wouldn't you say? You need to find another direction for your efforts because the business world totally celebrates and admires what has been accomplished economically in Texas and there is nothing you can say or do to change that perception.

I am a Registered Nurse and there is a nursing shortage.the business world does celebrate it. There are less regulation, they can pay the employees slave wages. Etc. Perry was bragging telling businesses to move to texas, because of limited regulation, 3 days later west tx was blown off of the map. Smh

Why is it that there is a nursing shortage in Texas?  Why aren't you living/working somewhere that you find the poverty rate to be acceptable?  How do you want to lower the poverty rate in Texas?  The poverty rate in Texas is unacceptable and is attributable to Governor Perry but the National Poverty rate is not attributable to Mr Obama?  Very interesting and extremely convenient.  Am I understanding you correctly?  Do you believe we can legislate poverty away?   Do you believe the government can eliminate poverty?  If you do, google "War on Poverty" and all the trillions that have been spent on it over the last 50 years and let me know why the poverty rate is little changed.  So the rich get richer and the poor get poorer?  Is the answer to that problem confiscating (via the tax code) more on the rich and simply GIVING it to the poor or should we find more and better ways to make the poor capable of improving their lot in life?  I would think that even you could admit and acknowledge that the government is a very poor manager ( as proven UNEQUIVOCALLY by the current VA mess) and should not be looked upon as the answer to every social and economic ill there is.  One more thing:  When you do your research on the internet, don't confine that research to ThinkProgress.Org