Dr Ben Carson

Big girl

Because he is black and does not agree with you he is an Uncle Tom? Really? A black successful brain surgeon you are calling an uncle Tom......I would be careful who you call racist........

Uncle Tom
: a black who is overeager to win the approval of whites (as by obsequious behavior or uncritical acceptance of white values and goals)

: a member of a low-status group who is overly subservient to or cooperative with authority <the worst floor managers and supervisors by far are women … Some of them are regular Uncle Toms — Jane Fonda>

hell he is an uncle tom

PamFAm Google Ben Carson on the View and maybe you will understand what he is saying. Of course, now that you have made your "declaration" of what you "believe" he is, there is no way you will backpeddle and admit the guy is a reasonable individual trying to solve one of todays largest problems. I find it odd that so many of you folks want to declare him a hypocrite or a racist for simply saying that the system needs to change so as to encourage people to want to escape their existing dilemma. But everyone is so afraid that some "gravy" might be removed or made more difficult to acquire that declaring him an uncle tom or a sellout is the easier thing to do.

you can only get TANF for 5:yrs. TANF is an acronym for TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE FOR NEEDY FAMILIES.

So he is a great example of what he is talking about!! He had help but he used that help to improve himself so that he did not stay permenantly on the government dole!! That is what he is trying to communicate but I see that his message is not registering very well with everybody!!!

so you agree that he didnt "pull himself up by his bootstraps". He wants massive cuts in the program. He didnt mention anything about increased funding for job training programs, increases in financial aide, lower student loan interest rates etc. That is how you help people; instead he belittles them.smh

This is what I found he said...if you have a link where he said what you "quoted", post it.

“When you rob someone of their incentive to go out there and improve themselves, you are not doing them any favors. When you take somebody and pat them on the head and say, ‘There, there, you poor little thing. … Let me give you housing subsidies, let me give you free health care because you can’t do that.’ What would be much more empowering is to use our intellect and our resources to give those people a way up and out.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/21/ben-carson-rocks-liberal-set-view-welfare-critique/#ixzz32wgW24V4
r

was he robbed of his incentive to succeed?

Who cares about Ben he's either a hypocrite or just believe he's better than most. To use a system that help him out tremendously than turn around and basically look down on it. He could of used his story to empower those on welfare to make a change instead he chose to belittle them..smh Ben Carson is just a Republican puppet AKA Uncle Tom.

Please opine more about the man you never met, who is a brain surgeon.

Uncle tom definition #1 applies to Ben. Lol

Do not let the slaves on the plantation think for themselves! Beat those ingrates with the lashes of hate filled words until they see the better way and  say "yes sir mams I is sorry. Ples donts beats Toms no more." 

Then you believe that Mr. Carson is wrong in his desire to create a system that encourages people to move forward and become self reliant?  Is the old saying" give a man a fish and you feed him for a day/ teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" not good advice that ought to be heeded?

I borrowed money from a local bank in order to pay for my college.  That loan had a federal guarantee.  I paid the money back to the bank as agreed.  One could call that guarantee a form of government assistance. Since the day I borrowed that money, I have never had any type of federal assistance and have paid a fairly large sum of taxes over the years. Does it make me hypocritical if I contend there is a lot of waste and abuse in our welfare system?

I don't care if he's a brain surgeon so what good for him I said what I said because I strongly believe he is. The man clearly forgot were he come from .. TEACH DONT BELITTLE he's tryna do away with a system that help him get alone he got his now he wants to do away with it. Uncle Tom.

I don't care if he's a brain surgeon so what good for him I said what I said because I strongly believe he is. The man clearly forgot were he come from .. TEACH DONT BELITTLE he's tryna do away with a system that help him get alone he got his now he wants to do away with it. Uncle Tom.

So welfare helped Ben Carson become a brain surgeon, then should not more kids who have been on welfare be brain surgeons and not life  long welfare recipient?

Admits on "The View" that his mother received welfare assistance. He also said that his grades improved tremendously when he was able to receive glasses because of a government funded program for the poor, yet he supports the Republicans when it pertains to massive cuts in SNAP and welfare benefits. He said things were different when he was on government assistance. He is a hypocrite and he has forgotten where he came from. Smdh

I don't consider it hypocritical for someone who took government assistance and used it to better his situation, become a successful person, etc., to have a problem with those who would take government assistance and use it as a career move.

The whole "Uncle Tom" insult seems pretty offensive to me, but not nearly as offensive as to who i've seen it directed at.  i've heard it a lot in reference to those who have a problem with people milking the system for all it's worth.  I'm not sure why a tax payer, based simply on skin color, should find it acceptable for a person, REGARDLESS of skin color, to make bilking the government out of thousands of dollars a month a full-time job.  I see it in my line of work all the time.  We have parents come to school and try and convince us to sign papers stating we believe their child is ADHD.  In some cases, they may be, and it is simply a worried parent.  But oftentimes they just want them to be diagnosed so that they can collect a disability check on said child.  Yes, you heard right.  A 3-year-old diagnosed as hyperactive draws between $300-$400 a month disability.  Seeing as the government also pays for their medicine for the disorder, I'm having a hard time understanding exactly why that "help" is needed.  Is it because the "disability" keeps the 3-year-old child from becoming gainfully employed, perhaps?  Oh wait, they're 3.  When it comes to government assistance, there is PLENTY of fat that could be trimmed.

Did the name callers on here listen to what he said? Not just hear it, but listen? He was talking about the system. He was not putting people down. He was talking about human nature. If you continue to hand people things for "free" without requiring action to improve, human nature will take over and you will want more for continuing to do nothing. If he is an Uncle Tom, whoopi is too. Her rant reinforced his comment on fixing the system. But she is loud and uses hand movement, so she is speaking gospel? Come on. The man is pretty remarkable. But he is conservative. That translates to Uncle Tom from PAMFan10 and BG. He forgets where he came from? I doubt that. His success is based on where he came from and not wanting to go back to that. If he wore a Lions jersey and stabbed people, that would mean he keeps it real, PAMFan? Quit reading headlines and look for a story.

I read enough on Ben Carson I take nothing away from his success I just feel the way I feel towards him.....I think everyone will agree we have a problem here but I haven't heard any reasonable way to fix the problem. We can't just end welfare.This problem should have been fixed a long time ago. It will surely take some time to fix. I Just don't like some people's view that all or just lazy bums milking. When I know better. Let's find a way to help without crippling.

I read enough on Ben Carson I take nothing away from his success I just feel the way I feel towards him.....I think everyone will agree we have a problem here but I haven't heard any reasonable way to fix the problem. We can't just end welfare.This problem should have been fixed a long time ago. It will surely take some time to fix. I Just don't like some people's view that all or just lazy bums milking. When I know better. Let's find a way to help without crippling.

Then you are not listening.

No one has said we END welfare.....we trim, prevent abuse, and make it a temporary fix not a retirement plan........

It can be done, but people will have to stop thinking we will end it....and more importantly, if you don't agree with a successful person, fine.....but don't call your own race racial slurs because you disagree.....

White people use to call white girls very ugly names when seen with a black man.....that was never the right thing to say, and Uncle Tom is right along those lines......

PamFAm - who do you thinks sets the best example for improverished youth on how to get out of their situation:

Jay Z or Ben Carson?

Honestly Jay z before you judge know Jay z came from nothing to making tons of millions legally same with Ben I'll let my son go to a Jay z concert as well as a Ben Carson speech.