Jessie Haynes....I bet this gets good

thetragichippy

Cam, I was on a jury a couple months back and the jury was made up of 7 whites, 2 hisp and 3 blacks. The defendant was black and we came to a unanomous not guilty. No racism!! And if you think real hard you'll know what trial it was because it was a high profile case.

All Hope isn't lost,  you bring up a good point. I pray the Jury would close their eyes, look at the facts and render a fair & just verdict.

PNG, I've served on a few & witnessed a few & all were ridiculous. Your Jury pool obviously studied the facts & left the Outside stuff outside.

If not talked about with an open mind and compassion, Race relations will continue to be a problem. It can't be one sided for any Race of people.

Question- since this is a six person jury, does the vote have to be unanimous to convict ?

.... as westend said and also to acquit. It has to be unanimous one way or the other or a mistrial will be declared. The defendant can be brought to trial again on the same charges at the discretion of the DA because a mistrial does not count against double jeopardy. 

Locally I have seen mistrials tried a second time and if no conviction on the second attempt, the case is dropped as there simply is not the likelihood of enough evidence to convict. 

All Hope isn't lost,  you bring up a good point. I pray the Jury would close their eyes, look at the facts and render a fair & just verdict.

PNG, I've served on a few & witnessed a few & all were ridiculous. Your Jury pool obviously studied the facts & left the Outside stuff outside.

If not talked about with an open mind and compassion, Race relations will continue to be a problem. It can't be one sided for any Race of people.

hell naw, I'm still waiting on my forty acres, and da man can keep the mule!!!

OK....back to subject.....Shouldn't this be a simple case? She is on trial for obstructing a door.....right?  She clearly did do that. right?

As for if she was assaulted, does that really matter?

If I'm caught shoplifting and someone assaults me, does the shoplifting charge go away?

All I want to know why are we having a trial in the First Place?? Assault, please. Give her a Fine & let's move on. We have far bigger issues. I'm sick of hearing the same lame excuses from the 2 board members that they aren't Ever in the know. It would seem with this widespread misappropriation that these two would definitely keep a very close eye on District dealings. One of them was caught doing the very thing he's Blasting the District for doing. I don't see him in the News. Their All involved in some fashion. Just some things they weren't down with. SMH

All I want to know why are we having a trial in the First Place?? Assault, please. Give her a Fine & let's move on. We have far bigger issues. I'm sick of hearing the same lame excuses from the 2 board members that they aren't Ever in the know. It would seem with this widespread misappropriation that these two would definitely keep a very close eye on District dealings. One of them was caught doing the very thing he's Blasting the District for doing. I don't see him in the News. Their All involved in some fashion. Just some things they weren't down with. SMH

Who you talking about Bigcam?

The reason they are having a trial is they(public) want her gone....

Not sure about what you do, but in my job, if I started singing during a public meeting, I would get fired. If I blocked a doorway (for whatever reason)....I would get fired.....if I falsified a police report claiming something happened at my job that didn't, I would be fired....... 

But she is still there :wacko:

All I want to know why are we having a trial in the First Place?? Assault, please. Give her a Fine & let's move on. We have far bigger issues.............. 

Why is there a trial in the place? Well, we have a person that on camera appears to have broken state law that says you cannot block access to a door or passageway. 

The DA reviewed the video evidence and obviously saw what everyone else should have and that is that Haynes blocked a person from entering where the person had the right to be. 

Why not give her a fine and move on? It appears that the DA tried to do just that and she would not accept it. Part of it was deferred adjudication meaning that if he does her six months on probation, the charge goes away like it didn't happen. I agree that they should move on but apparently she wants to pay more for a lawyer than she will save in probation fees and fine and then hope for jury nullification where they ignore the video and go with politics. 

Also, the "bigger" issues as you are referring to probably deal with the school district. This particular county court deals with these kinds of cases every day and has nothing to do with any other government function or issues. The court will have a misdemeanor trial today whether it is Haynes or someone else. 

Why is there a trial in the place? Well, we have a person that on camera appears to have broken state law that says you cannot block access to a door or passageway.

The DA reviewed the video evidence and obviously saw what everyone else should have and that is that Haynes blocked a person from entering where the person had the right to be.

Why not give her a fine and move on? It appears that the DA tried to do just that and she would not accept it. Part of it was deferred adjudication meaning that if he does her six months on probation, the charge goes away like it didn't happen. I agree that they should move on but apparently she wants to pay more for a lawyer than she will save in probation fees and fine and then hope for jury nullification where they ignore the video and go with politics.

Also, the "bigger" issues as you are referring to probably deal with the school district. This particular county court deals with these kinds of cases every day and has nothing to do with any other government function or issues. The court will have a misdemeanor trial today whether it is Haynes or someone else.

I agree with all you wrote and the Evidence is there. This is so petty & pathetic. With all the ignorance going on, Man the doors with Officers since the Adults act like children. Any violations gets you a night in Jail & a hefty Fine.
I've read she refused probation, didn't understand why. If what you sY is True she needs another Lawyer. SMH

I agree with all you wrote and the Evidence is there. This is so petty & pathetic. With all the ignorance going on, Man the doors with Officers since the Adults act like children. Any violations gets you a night in Jail & a hefty Fine.
I've read she refused probation, didn't understand why. If what you sY is True she needs another Lawyer. SMH

She has a plan......not sure what, but she has to have a plan...No way she turns down a plea deal AND an opportunity to stay out of the spot light......unless she is up to something.

It wasn't assault. If anything need to charge her with Workers Comp Fraud!!