TEA announces takeover of BISD!!!!

AggiesAreWe

It would have been incompetence on the part of the TEA and Williams, maybe even seen as criminal, to not have taken action!!! This is truly a sad day for all of SE Texas!!

This is a great day for SE Texas,,,,,,you have to start somewhere. IF nothing would have happened, then I agree it would be a sad day.

Once again I'll repeat that I don't live within the BISD boundaries so I really have no say. However, that never has stopped me before and it won't now. There MUST be a new school
board elected within two years. Apparently, thoss on the board now can run for re-election when that vote comes up. So, in theory, Beaumont could see the same board elected then that is being swept out now. Seems like there should be a rule that anyone on a school board that has to be replaced by order of the TEA is NOT ELIGIBLE to sit on that board again. How many "Walkers" does a community have to endure?

Once again I'll repeat that I don't live within the BISD boundaries so I really have no say. However, that never has stopped me before and it won't now. There MUST be a new school board elected within two years. Apparently, thoss on the board now can run for re-election when that vote comes up. So, in theory, Beaumont could see the same board elected then that is being swept out now. Seems like there should be a rule that anyone on a school board that has to be replaced by order of the TEA is NOT ELIGIBLE to sit on that board again. How many "Walkers" does a community have to endure?

Could, and likely will. Which is why I said the entire administration needs to be replaced. That way, whatever superintendent takes over after TEA returns control to local voters will have an administration that isn't saturated with cronies privy to this kind of corruption, and would thus have a harder time getting away with it in the short term.