FBI raids BISD purchasing agent's home

AggiesAreWe

And we wonder why our children/students act the way we do.  What great leaders we have in our school district. 

how do you hire a person who was under pressure for misuse of funds.....

this is what i ve been talking about in other threads.  what has happend to ethics?

stealing money from taxpayers meant for student education.....thats low.....as low as hitting a kid for no reason. i hope they make them pay to the max.

"Bales said the search warrant at the home of Lawrence-Lee is based on probable cause that a witness or witnesses gave, The warrant is signed by a judge."

Don't mean she is guilty.

NEWSFLASH:

That is the way most search warrants are drawn up. If an officer actually sees something illegal, there is no need for a warrant. 

Quote from BMT Ent.

Lawrence-Lee joined the BISD staff on July 14, 2008, after resigning as the Jefferson County purchasing agent under pressure in 2007 for misuse of public funds.

Starting to see a trend here!!! Once a thieve always a thieve!!

None of us are perfect and sometimes we do dumb innocent stuff that looks more serious than it really is.... I know an individual that took his computer home (back when computers were becoming popular) just because that person wanted to finish some work at home. It was government property. The intent was not to steal but could have turned into a bad situation.

None of us are perfect and sometimes we do dumb innocent stuff that looks more serious than it really is.... I know an individual that took his computer home (back when computers were becoming popular) just because that person wanted to finish some work at home. It was government property. The intent was not to steal but could have turned into a bad situation.

Wolves guarding the hen house!!

And whose to say the witness or witnesses aren't lying?

If the police believed that the witness is lying, they are illegally obtaining a warrant. 

A warrant has to be based on probable cause obtained by "credible" evidence. An unknown person that simply tells the police (local, county, state, federal) a story is not grounds for a warrant. 

In most cases like this there is a sworn statement by the witness. While it cannot guarantee that it is not false, signing a sworn statement is perjury or a crime up to a felony. The cops can't get a warrant simply by saying, "Some guy told me that he thinks the other person committed a crime". In many or most cases it comes from a person that claims to have seen the contraband or was there when it was discussed or has seen something like computer data. 

If the police believed that the witness is lying, they are illegally obtaining a warrant. 

A warrant has to be based on probable cause obtained by "credible" evidence. An unknown person that simply tells the police (local, county, state, federal) a story is not grounds for a warrant. 

In most cases like this there is a sworn statement by the witness. While it cannot guarantee that it is not false, signing a sworn statement is perjury or a crime up to a felony. The cops can't get a warrant simply by saying, "Some guy told me that he thinks the other person committed a crime". In many or most cases it comes from a person that claims to have seen the contraband or was there when it was discussed or has seen something like computer data. 

Dude, if I'm looking at 60 years, it don't matter what I make up to get a few years knocked off my time...sheez!!!!

Dude, if I'm looking at 60 years, it don't matter what I make up to get a few years knocked off my time...sheez!!!!

Did you miss the "credible" part? 

Also, if a guy working a deal lies on a sworn statement and thereby commits another felony, what does he accomplish other than making it worse. He would be better keeping quiet than committing another crime. 

There is an issue with credibility of a person already charged in a felony. Again, it takes a bit more than just someone telling a cop that something happened.