A&M's Pro Day

Yes, Jaws had the best assessment of JM's professional QB ability to date.

Do you really think this "Pro Day" practice eliminated all (or any) of the questions about JM's draft status? Did he get taller? Did his offensive system in college change? Was he more mature?

As far as I know not one person has questioned his athletic ability. Not one. They have questioned some of his "measurables" and many of his "immeasuarbles".

If today elevated him to the #1 pick, the system is a joke.

To answer your question - No this did not answer all the questions regarding his draft status.

But it did address - in my opinion - two of the top issues: (1) Arm Strength and (2) Maturity.

He was prepared and acted professionally - that has to go to his maturity.

And it appears the questions about his arm strength my be behind him

It's funny that I agree with you that if this Pro Day lifted him to the No. 1 pick in itself then the system is broken.  But the way I see it is everyone - and you as well - keep on thinking that JFF will implode and cause his own draft stock to plummet and that has not happened as he has been impressive with all his outings - while other players have stumbled - i.e. Bridgewater.

To answer your question - No this did not answer all the questions regarding his draft status.

But it did address - in my opinion - two of the top issues: (1) Arm Strength and (2) Maturity.

He was prepared and acted professionally - that has to go to his maturity.

And it appears the questions about his arm strength my be behind him

It's funny that I agree with you that if this Pro Day lifted him to the No. 1 pick in itself then the system is broken.  But the way I see it is everyone - and you as well - keep on thinking that JFF will implode and cause his own draft stock to plummet and that has not happened as he has been impressive with all his outings - while other players have stumbled - i.e. Bridgewater.

It may have eased some questions about arm strength, but not his maturity. I think most people understand that he takes care of his business ON the field. It's OFF the field where there are still questions.

i would have toned down the rap music today, but then again I'm just an old fart.

Ouch
@BrentCarney: There were more former presidents at A&M's pro day than there were NFL coaches/GMs at the Texas pro day Wednesday.

Took you long enough to make your University of Texas, (better known as Big Brother) comparison. It is why you will never be better than 8-4.

BTW, congrats to JFF. He might just go to the Texans even though they have more problems than just QB.

Pretty sure John's off the field issues are well documented. If you're not up to date, it's worth a Google.

Once again, you've missed the point. It's not about the genre of rap music. It's about a job interview and what some people find acceptable. IMO, based on the audience, I would have toned down the rap music. 

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith 45s

If you're rating pro days, #Manziel and Bridgewater are in different leagues. But ... just a pro day.

Honestly, if I'm Rick Smith and I'm choosing between Bridgewater and JF, it's a no brainer.  I've never been overly impressed with Teddy and he played against MUCH weaker competition than Manziel.  I REALLY like Rick Smith though and hate taking a QB here with what's available.  Why can't Houston be as lucky (no pun intended) and have a #1 pick when Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck is available?  Colts have to be the luckiest franchise in sports.

Yes, Jaws had the best assessment of JM's professional QB ability to date.

Do you really think this "Pro Day" practice eliminated all (or any) of the questions about JM's draft status? Did he get taller? Did his offensive system in college change? Was he more mature?

As far as I know not one person has questioned his athletic ability. Not one. They have questioned some of his "measurables" and many of his "immeasuarbles".

If today elevated him to the #1 pick, the system is a joke.

Sorry just had to reread your post - and as always it was laughable.

You state that Jaws had the best assessment of JFF professional ability to date - the only reason that "it was the best" was it supported your assessment that JFF would fail.  You and the other JFF bash brothers from that support that university from up north a bit that continue to ignore all the other experts that are much more optimistic regarding Manziel's NFL future.  

This Pro Day was good for JFF and bad for his doubters.  How he will perform at the next level is up to debate - but you and most Texas fans do not feel like debating all you do is continue to belittle a player that most pundits have in the top 5 of the draft and many are predicting a long and fruitful NFL career.

I will trust their opinions over your until he lines up on the field and proves one of us right and the other wrong.

Pretty sure John's off the field issues are well documented. If you're not up to date, it's worth a Google.

Once again, you've missed the point. It's not about the genre of rap music. It's about a job interview and what some people find acceptable. IMO, based on the audience, I would have toned down the rap music. 

Off the field issues was last year bud and to be honest it was all overhyped noise.... If it was so bad you would think you wouldn't have to google it especially  how much you keep up with the Aggies & JFF you of all people should know!!!

I didn't miss any point he will get drafted no matter what type of music he had playing little different than a job interview as usually they don't televise those.... he will get paid regardless. Quit searching for negatives as he keep proving you wrong time and time again...

Took you long enough to make your University of Texas, (better known as Big Brother) comparison. It is why you will never be better than 8-4.

BTW, congrats to JFF. He might just go to the Texans even though they have more problems than just QB.

So because some guy tweets something, A&M will never be better than 8-4. That makes sense.

Do you think it's a problem that Texas had ZERO head coaches or GM's at their pro day yesterday? Sergeant Strong keeps proving that he's not a very good recruiter, so I don't see how the problem is getting any better.

@Gil_Brandt: 7 teams sent head coaches to Manziel PD: #Colts, #Texans, #Jaguars, #Bucs, #Vikings, #Steelers, #Raiders. 8 GMs in attendance

The Eagles Chip Kelley was also there, so that makes 8 head coaches and 8 GM's in attendance for those keeping score at home.

Off the field issues was last year bud and to be honest it was all overhyped noise.... If it was so bad you would think you wouldn't have to google it especially  how much you keep up with the Aggies & JFF you of all people should know!!!

I didn't miss any point he will get drafted no matter what type of music he had playing little different than a job interview as usually they don't televise those.... he will get paid regardless. Quit searching for negatives as he keep proving you wrong time and time again...

So what exacty is the purpose of a Pro Day? Is he trying to work at Wal-Mart?  

Hell, Ryan Leaf "got paid". 

All he proved today is that he's better than a broomstick.

^^^Pro Day was just another day you ate crow!!!!! He has a job regardless......

Its funny you use Rap music now as a negative against him keep searching jaws....

If your a teacher like you say I find it very inappropriate that your on here posting all day long instead of teaching kids and they wonder what's wrong with the school system!!!!

So because some guy tweets something, A&M will never be better than 8-4. That makes sense.

Do you think it's a problem that Texas had ZERO head coaches or GM's at their pro day yesterday? Sergeant Strong keeps proving that he's not a very good recruiter, so I don't see how the problem is getting any better.

Texas was terrible and their players were soft.

Why would the NFL brass show up there? 

If Coach Strong does not win on the field, he will be gone too. 

Mediocre is not going to be acceptable at UT.

Hmmmm... wasn't A&M 10-2 just a year ago? :rolleyes:

^^^Pro Day was just another day you ate crow!!!!! He has a job regardless......

Its funny you use Rap music now as a negative against him keep searching jaws....

If your a teacher like you say I find it very inappropriate that your on here posting all day long instead of teaching kids and they wonder what's wrong with the school system!!!!

Thanks for your concerns. I am actually not at work for the next several days. I'm passing my time sititting in this MD Anderson waiting room debating the merits of one John Football. Heck, I'll talk about anything you want. It beats being here.

Manziel looked great today. Now let's see what he is like with a 260-280 lb. DE that runs a 4.5 is barrelling down on him and a 250-260 lb. LB that runs a 4.4 is coming after him. All he proved today is he can throw a football. Tebow did the same thing but when it came to nut cutting time he went back to his old ways. If he last more the three years in the league I will be surprised. Plus, now he will have more freedom then he had after Sumlin put the clamps on him. Let's see just how mature he has become.