Four Reasons why gay marriage is our concern

jv_coach

This is not a matter of sin.  It's about equal protection.  Should we deny alcoholics or smokers the right to marry because it might encourage their sinful lifestyle?    Are kids worse off with alcoholic parents or gay parents? 

All people have equal protection. Any man can marry any women he chooses and visa-versa. And since when did equal protection of the law fall under the category of "since they love each other it must be lawful". 

If a smoker having a child of their own is we bit more different then two guys who are attracted to men adopting a male child that is not their own.

Both are bad so why use one to promote the other? 

Back in the day people said divorce did not hurt children and we all know that divorce does hurt children. So why should we believe the lie that homo-sexual parents will not have a negative impact on children? 

Romans 1: 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.[/size]22 Professing to be wise, they became fools....[/size]25 [/size]who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.....[/size]26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. [/size]27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.[/size]

it does not take creative interpretation for someone to read this and come to the conclusion that God made them that way.

All people have equal protection. Any man can marry any women he chooses and visa-versa. And since when did equal protection of the law fall under the category of "since they love each other it must be lawful". 

If a smoker having a child of their own is we bit more different then two guys who are attracted to men adopting a male child that is not their own.

Both are bad so why use one to promote the other? 

Back in the day people said divorce did not hurt children and we all know that divorce does hurt children. So why should we believe the lie that homo-sexual parents will not have a negative impact on children? 

what does divorce have to do with homosexuality? 

we might as well make horring acceptable, or beastailty acceptable, lets just make all sin acceptable

the snowball started along time ago.....are we going to help it along or try to stop it before it eats us up....

we accept plenty of sins.  your statement is very telling, though.  instead of homosexuality falling into the group of sins that are generally accepted by Christians (drinking, lust, unwed sex, etc.), you lump homosexuality in with whoring and beastiality.  that's a very common "Christian" attitude about homosexuality these days.  It's not Christlike, but it's becoming more and more "Christianlike".

That's what you get out of that?

He is speaking of generation after generation of vile behavior...not some genetic transformation.

Does it not say that God himself gave them over to it?  And AFTER he gave them over to it, men lusted after men and women after women?  at least, that's what the verse said.  Before God gave them over to it, they were fools, and did many bad things, but no mention of homosexual acts was made.

Does it not say that God himself gave them over to it?  And AFTER he gave them over to it, men lusted after men and women after women?  at least, that's what the verse said.  Before God gave them over to it, they were fools, and did many bad things, but no mention of homosexual acts was made.

If a person wishes to follow the evil of their heart and deny the truth of God, then God is going to give them what their little heart desires. 

If you back up a little:

"Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, that their bodies might be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

I believe he is talking about behavior that brought them to this point...God makes it clear how he feels about this, why would he turn around and create this behavior within someone?

I am no Theologian by any stretch, but there are others such as J. Vernon McGee (his explanations) and many others that could shed much more light on it for you if interested.

To go a little further;

Romans 1:32

32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

I also think this can be interpreted as Christians that approve of such practices.

Too much focus is on the homosexual lifestyle. What I (and other Christians) should be concerned with is what God thinks of me supporting or rejecting, being vocal or being silent, being critical or compassionate about homosexuality or any other sinful acts.

Yes, homosexuality is different because we have a political agenda promoting acceptance and lifestyle equality. We are not to be accepting (referring back to Romans 1:32) Nor should we be hostile and insulting.

To go a little further;

32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

I also think this can be interpreted as Christians that approve of such practices.

Too much focus is on the homosexual lifestyle. What I (and other Christians) should be concerned with is what God thinks of me supporting or rejecting, being vocal or being silent, being critical or compassionate about homosexuality or any other sinful acts.

Yes, homosexuality is different because we have a political agenda promoting acceptance and lifestyle equality. We are not to be accepting (referring back to Romans 1:32) Nor should we be hostile and insulting.

This is the type of biblical based, Christian response that would go a long way in these types of debates. A response that decries ALL sin, and also acknowledges that we should not be hostile or insulting. While you and I are on different sides of the argument, this is a breath of fresh air from the belligerent, often uneducated and hypocritical responses I often face. I'm not directing the more harsh adjectives at those I've gone back and forth with on here, either, so do not take offense. But this is by far the most appropriately worded, and appropriately attituded response I've seen against homosexuality in quite some time.

we accept plenty of sins.  your statement is very telling, though.  instead of homosexuality falling into the group of sins that are generally accepted by Christians (drinking, lust, unwed sex, etc.), you lump homosexuality in with whoring and beastiality.  that's a very common "Christian" attitude about homosexuality these days.  It's not Christlike, but it's becoming more and more "Christianlike".

well you did state that society has accepted drinking, lust, unwed sex, etc.....so were else did you want me to pull from......

we ve accepted those so lets accept all the others.....when does it stop? where does it stop?

as humans we try to categorize sin..."this is worst than this"   it doesn't work like that

GOD doesn't have a scale....SIN is SIN.

if you don't remember some of the first tv shows....there was no kissing, sex, etc.....not even husband and wife sleeping in the same room......and now look were we are at.....

HISTORY its a great teacher, but most want accept it nor pay it any attention.

my question to you is why do you fight so hard for gay sexual relations to be acceptable?  and don't give me the "well all lust, unwed sex, drinking is acceptable"  two wrongs don't make a right.   

To go a little further;

AGREE

well you did state that society has accepted drinking, lust, unwed sex, etc.....so were else did you want me to pull from......

we ve accepted those so lets accept all the others.....when does it stop? where does it stop?

as humans we try to categorize sin..."this is worst than this"   it doesn't work like that
GOD doesn't have a scale....SIN is SIN.

if you don't remember some of the first tv shows....there was no kissing, sex, etc.....not even husband and wife sleeping in the same room......and now look were we are at.....

HISTORY its a great teacher, but most want accept it nor pay it any attention.

my question to you is why do you fight so hard for gay sexual relations to be acceptable?  and don't give me the "well all lust, unwed sex, drinking is acceptable"  two wrongs don't make a right.

because they should have the same rights to sin and not be judged that you and i do?  and they certainly should not have less rights because of what they legally choose to (are born as) do. i know many homosexuals, and many of them are far better people than other straight, heterosexual Christians that i know. i find it increasingly unfair that Christianity unites against them, often with very unChristian attitudes, and as a general whole ignores other sins that are as big or bigger problems in our society. its not that i don't think that homosexuality is a sin, it's that i know several homosexuals that are great people, and whether or not you agree with their lifestyle, they are NOT the reason that society is failing.

because they should have the same rights to sin and not be judged that you and i do?  and they certainly should not have less rights because of what they legally choose to (are born as) do. i know many homosexuals, and many of them are far better people than other straight, heterosexual Christians that i know. i find it increasingly unfair that Christianity unites against them, often with very unChristian attitudes, and as a general whole ignores other sins that are as big or bigger problems in our society. its not that i don't think that homosexuality is a sin, it's that i know several homosexuals that are great people, and whether or not you agree with their lifestyle, they are NOT the reason that society is failing.

Here is what I will say to your assertion about the bad behavior of "Christians".  There are a lot of "goats", or to say it another way, many who call themselves Christians who are really just that in name only because the "fruit" of their lives in no way shows that Jesus Christ is their "Lord"!!  Their behavior in the "name of Christ" in fact defames the name of Christ and makes anyone who is watching who has no knowledge or only a nominal knowledge about Christianity actually turned off completely to the truth of the Bible!!  Christ himself said that on that last day the goats would be seperated from the sheep!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't remember the day I decided not to become an ax murderer either, but I am not one. (I am not equating the two, so don't go there)

You believe it is how we are and I believe it's a choice we make...like any behavior. If behavior is simply "who we are", that would be a great legal defense for anything we do.

...and if I'm not mistaken, there is no homosexual chromosome.

This first sentence is actually a good argument. Although, it is a bit of a strong comparison, it proves a point.

I believe homosexuality is a sin, but God gave us all free will. So denying homosexuals the right to sin as they wish is trying to take away what God gave us. All we can do is be there for them, pray for them, and maybe try taking them to church? Instead of condemning them we should show them the love of Jesus Christ and hopefully once they accept him as their lord and savior they will choose to repent.