Four Reasons why gay marriage is our concern

jv_coach

I have to somewhat disagree with both of you. I think homosexuality and heterosexuality in most cases could have little to do with upbringing or parenting. Man was born with a sin nature. I think we all have different challenges and temptations. I think some people are born much more susceptible to homosexuality than others just as other people may be more susceptible to other vices. However, it is a choice to follow those desires as is with any form of temptation.

I believe this  ^^^^^!  The question is not whether someone is born that way, why would you want to have someone punished for stealing all your possessions out of your house??  After all they were born that way!!  No the real question is whether there is absolute and universal truth!  Is there a univerasal "right and wrong" that should guide all of us!!  I have long said, and I have violated it myself as an adult, is that those of us who call ourselves Christians give ourselve a free pass for violating God's commands against heterosexual sex outside the confines of a biblical marriage.  This is why we are weak and have been futile in the gay rights debate!!!!

I believe this ^^^^^! The question is not whether someone is born that way, why would you want to have someone punished for stealing all your possessions out of your house?? After all they were born that way!! No the real question is whether there is absolute and universal truth! Is there a univerasal "right and wrong" that should guide all of us!! I have long said, and I have violated it myself as an adult, is that those of us who call ourselves Christians give ourselve a free pass for violating God's commands against heterosexual sex outside the confines of a biblical marriage. This is why we are weak and have been futile in the gay rights debate!!!!

I totally agree with the last half of this post. I do disagree with the beginning however. While homosexuality and stealing are comparable in that they are sin, I do not believe people are born thieves, and I also see a difference in someone sleeping with who they want (doesn't affect me) versus someone stealing from me.

I totally agree with the last half of this post. I do disagree with the beginning however. While homosexuality and stealing are comparable in that they are sin, I do not believe people are born thieves, and I also see a difference in someone sleeping with who they want (doesn't affect me) versus someone stealing from me.

So your view of what is right and wrong is relative to how it affects you personally!!  I totally and completely disagree with moral relativism!!  Or situational ethics!!

So your view of what is right and wrong is relative to how it affects you personally!!  I totally and completely disagree with moral relativism!!  Or situational ethics!!

I find someone who would COMMIT a CRIME that would hurt others to be worse than someone who does something legal that affects only themselves.  If you honestly believe that you would hold the act of homosexuality on the same platform you'd hold someone who came in and stole all of your stuff out of your house, I'd argue that you'd never had someone come in and steal all of the stuff out of your house.  As for situational ethics, show me a good Christian who isn't a perfect example of situational ethics, and I'll show you Jesus Christ.  EVERY Christian (and non-Christian, for that matter) uses situational ethics.

Isnt it somewhat ironic that Moses  was given the ten commandments while on his way to commit genocide.  Men. women and children?   Thou shalt not kill?  Really?

So your cool with with the Canaanites sacrificing children by burning them alive?  You would be cool with raising your kids around those type of people? 

I've always wondered how someone straight can tell the feelings of someone gay. There is NO WAY I would  "choose" to have sex with a man....however, some do..... do they make that choice or are they born feeling that way? I would have to say they were born with it because I don't see how they with choose it......

I find someone who would COMMIT a CRIME that would hurt others to be worse than someone who does something legal that affects only themselves.  If you honestly believe that you would hold the act of homosexuality on the same platform you'd hold someone who came in and stole all of your stuff out of your house, I'd argue that you'd never had someone come in and steal all of the stuff out of your house.  As for situational ethics, show me a good Christian who isn't a perfect example of situational ethics, and I'll show you Jesus Christ.  EVERY Christian (and non-Christian, for that matter) uses situational ethics.

How you, I or anyone else evaluates (judges) sin comparisons is totally irrelevant. How God judges sin is all that matters. However, as Christians, we should attempt to align our opinions with His Word.

I've always wondered how someone straight can tell the feelings of someone gay. There is NO WAY I would  "choose" to have sex with a man....however, some do..... do they make that choice or are they born feeling that way? I would have to say they were born with it because I don't see how they with choose it......

Let us use your argument for other things. Say murder

"thetragicchippy  "I've always wondered how someone (who is not a murder)  can tell the feelings of someone (who is a murder). There is NO WAY I would  "choose" to (murder) a man....however, some do..... do they make that choice or are they born feeling that way? I would have to say they were born with it because I don't see how they with choose it......"

So the being born that way argument either frees the murder of any guilt or it proves that being born that way does not make something right.  

"thetragicchippy  "I've always wondered how someone (who is not a murder)  can tell the feelings of someone (who is a murder). There is NO WAY I would  "choose" to (murder) a man....however, some do..... do they make that choice or are they born feeling that way? I would have to say they were born with it because I don't see how they with choose it......"

So the being born that way argument either frees the murder of any guilt or it proves that being born that way does not make something right.  

My point exactly!!!

If you want to compare murder to being gay? Being gay is not a crime, murder is.

I believe the bible says sonething about he who has not sinned cast the first stone..... Shouldn't you guys just turn the other cheek?

I was just stating an opinion, as you were yours...

you guys are comparing things that people choose to do (murder, theft) with something that someone is born with. whether you disagree with both things or not, there IS a difference between a man and a man choosing to have a sexual relationship, and a man killing another man, or stealing someone's stuff. there is a difference between a legal act that hurts nobody and an illegal act that directly hurts somebody else. yes, they are both sin, but no, they are not the same.

so being Gay has no influence on our youth?  having gay relations on tv, movies, etc has no influence on our youth?

children that are in a home with two gay parents are not influenced? 

IF you say children are not influenced then you are completely wrong......I have 3 children and they watch and learn from me and my wife.

Murdering someone is instant......children growing up in a confused environment will show effect later down the line.....so eventually they are getting hurt.....mentally.......which then can play a factor physically

you guys are comparing things that people choose to do (murder, theft) with something that someone is born with. whether you disagree with both things or not, there IS a difference between a man and a man choosing to have a sexual relationship, and a man killing another man, or stealing someone's stuff. there is a difference between a legal act that hurts nobody and an illegal act that directly hurts somebody else. yes, they are both sin, but no, they are not the same.

they are the same in the aspect one is instant they other takes time.....and the more that are raised in a confused environment the worse off society is.......HISTORY LESSON 101

If you want to compare murder to being gay? Being gay is not a crime, murder is.

I believe the bible says sonething about he who has not sinned cast the first stone..... Shouldn't you guys just turn the other cheek?

I was just stating an opinion, as you were yours...

Well if something is only wrong based on laws then the Nazi's broke no laws.There is a law above the law

God said thou shall not murder....and so its a law in both the christian belief and worldly

God said man shall not lay with another man.......its a law in the christian belief but not worldly

you ll except murder as a law, but not the other

and u wann call christian hypocrites.

REMEMBER WE ALL SIN.

reading this post leads me to believe that whatever sin you're guilty of should be a law too, and you should be in jail for life.  since you're saying we should except all of the bible as direct law, your sin of lustfulness or drunkeness or whatever it is you do should put you in jail for just as long as a murderer.  of course, there will be nobody left to man the jail.

so being Gay has no influence on our youth?  having gay relations on tv, movies, etc has no influence on our youth?

children that are in a home with two gay parents are not influenced? 

IF you say children are not influenced then you are completely wrong......I have 3 children and they watch and learn from me and my wife.

Murdering someone is instant......children growing up in a confused environment will show effect later down the line.....so eventually they are getting hurt.....mentally.......which then can play a factor physically

children are not "made" gay.  you can't be "influenced" into becoming gay.  it's not contagious, and it's not a choice.  you either are or you aren't.  so i'm not really sure how children in a home with two loving dads or moms are worse off than children living in foster care or a state run school or with a crackhead mother who can't take care of them. 

but that being said, i'm really curious, unless you were raised by gay parents, how you'd have such a strong opinion on how badly damaged these poor kids would be growing up in that situation. 

children are not "made" gay.  you can't be "influenced" into becoming gay.  it's not contagious, and it's not a choice.  you either are or you aren't.  so i'm not really sure how children in a home with two loving dads or moms are worse off than children living in foster care or a state run school or with a crackhead mother who can't take care of them. 

but that being said, i'm really curious, unless you were raised by gay parents, how you'd have such a strong opinion on how badly damaged these poor kids would be growing up in that situation. 

You can say that as many times as you want but it is not true.

You admit it is a sin and you still believe that God would create someone to be destined for a life of sinful behavior...think about it, makes no sense.