Is Warren Open?

Congrats to Warren on their new hire. As far as why he left, who knows why and then to hear excuses like "money" as a reason. Lets be honest. Obviously, he just wanted out and didn't want to be there. Look at the schedule for Deweyville next year. Obvious he was leaving and left the future coach at Deweyville no favors..... interesting match -up week 2 no doubt.

Congrats Warren! You got a good one! And Warren is a much better opportunity than Deweyville at this point in time. The program might not be too successful, but that is one of the better school districts in SETX. Contrary to popular belief, the two biggest school districts in Tyler County(Woodville and Warren) are among the best in the area when it comes to quality of the district. So, he is coming to a much better, and if he succeeds, a much more stable opportunity in Warren.

Congrats to Warren on their new hire. As far as why he left, who knows why and then to hear excuses like "money" as a reason. Lets be honest. Obviously, he just wanted out and didn't want to be there. Look at the schedule for Deweyville next year. Obvious he was leaving and left the future coach at Deweyville no favors..... interesting match -up week 2 no doubt.

He knew what I have been saying for the last few years. The DV sr class that just graduated was very talented. DV historically is not very talented. In addition to falling back to Earth, the schedule is brutal for next year. He wanted out to advance his career like most coaches do. 0-10 or 2-8 will be a step backwards in advancing the career. Strike while the iron is hot. 89Falcon right again.

My opinion will not be popular, but I think he is taking the easy way out. You make promises to these young men, you start to build a program and try to teach them how to be a man - and then boom when things look rough ahead you bail on them. Oh you say I'll make more money - blah-blah-blah but you'll always have issues to deal with.
I remember Groveton growing up was powerful every year. Their program had stability and a coach that cared about more than "having to stripe a field". You think they had down years as far as athletes go? Yea, but their program carried them through. Those coaches are still out there and surprisedly those programs are successful. I think of Coach Hooks (WO-S), Coach Matthews (Vidor), Coach Williams (Evadale) and you could go on and on.
I have no problem with a young coach making some moves early in their career. Oftentimes you have to move somewhere you don't want to be to get a shot at being the head coach. But eventually it would seem that you would want to settle and put your stamp on a program. This just wreaks to me that when things were about to get tough - he just tucked tail and ran. Don't know the guy, and don't have kids in either district. Again, I know this opinion won't be popular but it's my thoughts on the move.

My opinion will not be popular, but I think he is taking the easy way out. You make promises to these young men, you start to build a program and try to teach them how to be a man - and then boom when things look rough ahead you bail on them. Oh you say I'll make more money - blah-blah-blah but you'll always have issues to deal with.
I remember Groveton growing up was powerful every year. Their program had stability and a coach that cared about more than "having to stripe a field". You think they had down years as far as athletes go? Yea, but their program carried them through. Those coaches are still out there and surprisedly those programs are successful. I think of Coach Hooks (WO-S), Coach Matthews (Vidor), Coach Williams (Evadale) and you could go on and on.
I have no problem with a young coach making some moves early in their career. Oftentimes you have to move somewhere you don't want to be to get a shot at being the head coach. But eventually it would seem that you would want to settle and put your stamp on a program. This just wreaks to me that when things were about to get tough - he just tucked tail and ran. Don't know the guy, and don't have kids in either district. Again, I know this opinion won't be popular but it's my thoughts on the move.

In my opinion you do what is best for your family as you see fit. If you have an opportunity to make a better life for your family and you are advancing your career goals you do it.

In my opinion you do what is best for your family as you see fit. If you have an opportunity to make a better life for your family and you are advancing your career goals you do it.

Especially since you may get fired next year for being 0-10. In the coaching business you become an idiot very fast depending on the talent level in your school. Noone that is offened by Babin's departure will be volunteering to pay is bills if he gest fired.

As I stated on page 2 of thread...Warren must leave this guy alone for 5 years and let him build a program through increased participation training and ingraining. It is going to be rough at first but it will get better. Warren is not without talent and the parents / town folk are very loyal and prideful win or loose. Give this guy time and he will get the kids to buy into the program and as long as, when the kids go home, the program and coach are not being sold out, than things will increasingly improve at Warren. As far as a coach leaving...that's coaching in today day in time...face it, its the lynch mob mentality that we have created as a society when things don't go as planned, that has forever lost a coaches willingness to put his future and his families future on the line...that type of Coach is a dying breed and its not the coaches fault.  Warren...you want it to work? Than let the man coach and embrace each small goal achieved on the road to the BIG GOAL! Plus understand that punting is part of the game and knee jerk reactions should be outlawed. 

I understand what you're saying but the man has to do what is best for him and his family. This is his JOB we are talking about here. And we don't know what reason's he left D-ville. In the coaching business there are many different factors that determine whether you stay at a school or go somewhere else.