Sept.19 Sabine Pass at Daisetta 7pm
Sept.26 Colmesneil at Colmesneil 7pm
Oct.3 West Sabine at Daisetta 7pm
Oct.10 Groveton at Groveton 7pm
Oct.17 West Hardin at Daisetta 7pm
Oct.24 Anderson-Shiro at AS 7pm
Oct.31 Centerville at CV 7pm
Nov.6 Lovelady at Daisetta 7pm

I see HD going 9-3 with loses to West Sabine and Centerville. Then a lose to a sleeper like Groveton.

My thoughts...

Hemphill- was bad last year but they return atleast a decent QB.  Wont be a pushover, should be a win.

Burkeville- just based on score watching should be a cruise.

Sabine Pass- should be another nice easy win for HD.

Colmesneil- don't know what they have coming back, but HD has taken care of business the last 2 years.  Would be surprised if that changed.

West Sabine- lose 80% of their OL but have a couple of good skill kids returning.  Right now I'd say WS but this is more a wait and see.  Probably the first L 

Groveton- playoff team in 2A, has beat HD the last 2 years.  Must win game to start district.  get behind the 8 ball with a loss here

West Hardin- see Colmesneil 

Anderson-Shiro- playoff team in 2A that has a lot of players coming back.  If you don't beat Groveton this becomes must win with Centerville looming. 

Centerville-district favorite and possibly region favorite.  play a come right at you style of O, which doesn't bode well for a team with not a ton of size

Lovelady- very possibly a win and you are in game for HD.  don't know what LL has back 

At worst I see HD winning 4 games and missing the playoffs.  At best I see 8-2 and a 2nd place finish.  

Should be wins- Burkeville, Colmesneil, West Hardin, Sabine Pass

Closer to wins than losses- Hemphill, Lovelady

Closer to losses than wins- West Sabine, Groveton

Gonna have to play really really well- Centerville, Anderson-Shiro

Centerville had a beast of a team last year. I would say CV, WS and then SV or Groveton.

Last year will not matter. Shelbyville is the best team on the schedule. Shelbyville will win their district unless someone pulls a rabbit out the hat. Their RB is a beast.

HD could be 5-1 or 3-3 before WS. Hemphill has a talented group that will be sophomores. I have not seen the new group at Colmesneil but their SRs are mediocre. WS will be down from last year as will HD so this one is a toss up. Groveton is a loss, WH and AS should be wins, Centerville is a loss, and Lovelady is a toss up. My official prediction is 5-5. The only teams that will truly be up are Groveton and Shelbyville. Expect HH to begin to show signs of life. 

My thoughts...

Hemphill- was bad last year but they return atleast a decent QB.  Wont be a pushover, should be a win.

Burkeville- just based on score watching should be a cruise.

Sabine Pass- should be another nice easy win for HD.

Colmesneil- don't know what they have coming back, but HD has taken care of business the last 2 years.  Would be surprised if that changed.

West Sabine- lose 80% of their OL but have a couple of good skill kids returning.  Right now I'd say WS but this is more a wait and see.  Probably the first L 

Groveton- playoff team in 2A, has beat HD the last 2 years.  Must win game to start district.  get behind the 8 ball with a loss here

West Hardin- see Colmesneil 

Anderson-Shiro- playoff team in 2A that has a lot of players coming back.  If you don't beat Groveton this becomes must win with Centerville looming. 

Centerville-district favorite and possibly region favorite.  play a come right at you style of O, which doesn't bode well for a team with not a ton of size

Lovelady- very possibly a win and you are in game for HD.  don't know what LL has back 

At worst I see HD winning 4 games and missing the playoffs.  At best I see 8-2 and a 2nd place finish.  

Should be wins- Burkeville, Colmesneil, West Hardin, Sabine Pass

Closer to wins than losses- Hemphill, Lovelady

Closer to losses than wins- West Sabine, Groveton

Gonna have to play really really well- Centerville, Anderson-Shiro

Great assessment. Great post.

I see that now. I will still go with 5-5 due to the number of SRs HD is losing.

Have you not seen that HD's two starting RB's are former 3A Liberty RB's? HD will be reloading. Martin Doucet and a true beast RB Sedric DeBlanc. Both boys are cousins, their family is from HD. Sedric DeBlanc Sr. was a beast at HD back in early 90's. Both kids are speedster track kids. DeBlanc has great vision and agility. Check his Liberty high lights out! https://www.facebook.com/floyd.mayweather.372/media_set?set=vb.100002927383580&type=2#!/photo.php?v=514317745342467&set=vb.100002927383580&type=3&theater

He will kill it in 1A!

HD will do what they've done for the last 15 or so years. They'll beat every team on there schedule that is terrible, and lose to every team that is good.

I understand that the kid from Liberty is so athletic and agile...that they couldn't make the basketball playoffs with him... And they couldn't beat Alto with the cousin.

I don't see how anybody could possibly think they'll be good after losing all they lost. Think about the difference last season with and without the Lavalais kid.

HD will do what they've done for the last 15 or so years. They'll beat every team on there schedule that is terrible, and lose to every team that is good.

I understand that the kid from Liberty is so athletic and agile...that they couldn't make the basketball playoffs with him... And they couldn't beat Alto with the cousin.

I don't see how anybody could possibly think they'll be good after losing all they lost. Think about the difference last season with and without the Lavalais kid.

Your right, HD will never beat any good teams without the Lavalais brothers. lol. Your funny. Your the same guy who always talks negative about HD, no matter who we have. A real fan would have noticed Finney never over dosed on using either Lavalais boy. He is known for playing through his system and sharing the ball. Not what all Coaches do, most would have gave Darrell Lavalais the ball 25 times a game.

Apparently they didn't lose anyone from last year, except Lavalais according to your last sentence. Kinda contradicted yourself there. But yes He was a difference maker especially on the D side of the ball.

Your right, HD will never beat any good teams without the Lavalais brothers. lol. Your funny. Your the same guy who always talks negative about HD, no matter who we have. A real fan would have noticed Finney never over dosed on using either Lavalais boy. He is known for playing through his system and sharing the ball. Not what all Coaches do, most would have gave Darrell Lavalais the ball 25 times a game.

Other than the qb, who shared carries? I'm pretty sure a majority of those kids sharing carries were seniors. If I'm wrong just say so.

And by the way...I was referring to the Lavalais kid as linebacker. What was HDs record without him in the middle of the defense. PLUS the rest of that big senior class at various positions.

what was jv record? jh record?...you think two skill kids from Liberty will overcome that?

Other than the qb, who shared carries? I'm pretty sure a majority of those kids sharing carries were seniors. If I'm wrong just say so.

And by the way...I was referring to the Lavalais kid as linebacker. What was HDs record without him in the middle of the defense. PLUS the rest of that big senior class at various positions.

what was jv record? jh record?...you think two skill kids from Liberty will overcome that?

Might as well give up, HD is doomed. Oldcrabbyschool2 says HD will be terrible once again this year. Let's give up. lmao! Smh!