Hey OctFeb...............

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1411312" timestamp="1370524419"]
[quote author=LB76 link=topic=112024.msg1411306#msg1411306 date=1370523978]
These are good Octfeb, do you have 84 more?
[/quote]

LOL she could do this on a 365 day run :-D
[/quote]Yes to both.

We are 84 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is....

National Donut Day
Today is National Donut Day! Whether it’s powdered, jelly-filled, or frosted, this classic treat is always delicious, making National Donut Day a great reason to celebrate. Tell friends and family about this unique holiday with a free Donut Day eCard!

Did you know that National Donut Day began as a fundraiser for the Salvation Army in 1938? It is celebrated annually on the first Friday of June, and honors all the female volunteers who served donuts to soldiers behind the front lines during World War I.

To celebrate Donut Day 2013, Krispy Kreme will be giving away a free donut to every customer (no purchase necessary). At Dunkin’ Donuts, customers will receive a free donut with any beverage purchase. Be sure to check your local and regional donut shops for special promotions as well!

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1411691" timestamp="1370608129"]
We are 84 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is....

National Donut Day
Today is National Donut Day! Whether it’s powdered, jelly-filled, or frosted, this classic treat is always delicious, making National Donut Day a great reason to celebrate. Tell friends and family about this unique holiday with a free Donut Day eCard!

Did you know that National Donut Day began as a fundraiser for the Salvation Army in 1938? It is celebrated annually on the first Friday of June, and honors all the female volunteers who served donuts to soldiers behind the front lines during World War I.

To celebrate Donut Day 2013, Krispy Kreme will be giving away a free donut to every customer (no purchase necessary). At Dunkin’ Donuts, customers will receive a free donut with any beverage purchase. Be sure to check your local and regional donut shops for special promotions as well!
[/quote]

Now this day I can see you doing for 365 days in a row............... ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Smoking Baby Again" post="1411743" timestamp="1370616217"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=112024.msg1411691#msg1411691 date=1370608129]

National Donut Day

[/quote]

Now this day I can see you doing for 365 days in a row............... ;D ;D ;D
[/quote] :o

We are 83 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is....

Belmont Stakes
Today is the Belmont Stakes! The Belmont Stakes is the third race in the Triple Crown. It is both the oldest and the longest of the three events. The first running took place in 1867 at Jerome Park in Elmont, New York. The track is 1.5 miles long and has become known as the “Test of the Champion.” Another nickname for the race is “the Run for the Carnations” because the winning horse is draped in a blanket of white carnations.

Only eleven horses have won all three races in the Triple Crown. The first was Sir Barton in 1919, and the most recent was Affirmed in 1978, but there have been many famous winners in between. Perhaps the most notable are War Admiral and Secretariat.

To celebrate the annual running of the Belmont Stakes, grab your fancy hat and gather around the TV to witness this exciting event!

We are 82 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is...... National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day
Today is National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day. Wow, that’s definitely a mouthful—of deliciousness, that is!

This sweet and tangy treat was first made popular during the early 1800's, about 30 years after Benjamin Franklin introduced rhubarb, nicknamed "pieplant," to the East Coast. With strawberry season starting, what better way to celebrate this old favorite than to bake one yourself. Yum!

Did you know that rhubarb is actually a vegetable? This makes strawberry rhubarb pie one of the rare (tasty) pies that combines fruits and vegetables. Any dessert that gets us to eat our veggies definitely deserves its own day. So whether you bake or buy, go grab yourself a strawberry rhubarb pie!    AND it's Donald Ducks Birthday.   

We are 81 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is.... Iced Tea Day
Today is Iced Tea Day! Iced tea is an iconic summer beverage and one of the most refreshing elixirs known to man. There is something magical about the combination of brewed tea, mint leaves, and fresh lemon slices served over ice. Historians believe that people began serving cold tea sometime during the 19th century. The drink became popular when vendors started selling it at public events and the World’s Fair. 

Today, people make iced tea using a variety of different flavors. You can also mix iced tea with other beverages. One of the most popular iced tea beverages is an “Arnold Palmer,” which consists of half iced tea and half lemonade.

Sweetened or unsweetened, flavored or unflavored, celebrate Iced Tea Day with a nice, tall glass of your favorite iced tea!  Sorry for any delays in the post this week... but ummm We are busy catching fish at Lake Livingston all this week... Haters are gonna hate I know LOL... :)

We are 80 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is.....  Kamehameha Day
Aloha! It’s Kamehameha Day! In Hawaii, today is a public holiday that celebrates Kamehameha the Great—the monarch who established the unified Kingdom of Hawaii in 1810. During this time period, Hawaii was the only nation that remained independent while the rest of the Polynesian islands were taken over by colonial powers. Kamehameha was nicknamed “the Napoleon of the Pacific” for this achievement.

To celebrate Kamehameha Day, Hawaiians attend carnivals, floral parades, and horse races. There is also a large hula competition that attracts hula companies from all over the world.

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1412487" timestamp="1370950629"]
We are 80 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is.....  Kamehameha Day
Aloha! It’s Kamehameha Day! In Hawaii, today is a public holiday that celebrates Kamehameha the Great—the monarch who established the unified Kingdom of Hawaii in 1810. During this time period, Hawaii was the only nation that remained independent while the rest of the Polynesian islands were taken over by colonial powers. Kamehameha was nicknamed “the Napoleon of the Pacific” for this achievement.

To celebrate Kamehameha Day, Hawaiians attend carnivals, floral parades, and horse races. There is also a large hula competition that attracts hula companies from all over the world.
[/quote]

I liked Iced Tea Day better.  Just saying.

[quote name="AthleticSupporter - Jock" post="1412515" timestamp="1370960936"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=112024.msg1412487#msg1412487 date=1370950629]

[/quote]

I liked Iced Tea Day better.  Just saying.
[/quote] Lol so does Si Robertson.

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1412487" timestamp="1370950629"]

[/quote]

If you put on one of those hula skirts I am going to jump off the rainbow bridge wearing my Dayton Sucks shirt.......just sayin.... ;D ;D

[quote name="Smoking Baby Again" post="1412552" timestamp="1370970371"]

[/quote]

If you put on one of those hula skirts I am going to jump off the rainbow bridge wearing my Dayton Sucks shirt.......just sayin.... ;D ;D
[/quote] :o

[quote name="Smoking Baby Again" post="1412552" timestamp="1370970371"]

[/quote]

[/quote] awesome you ready to jump? Please say yes.... its high enough right?

We are [b]79[/b]days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is......

National Peanut Butter Cookie Day
Today is National Peanut Butter Cookie Day! The Aztecs invented peanut butter in the 14th century, but peanut butter cookies didn’t become an American favorite until the early 1900s. In 1916, George Washington Carver began promoting the peanut and its many uses. As part of the campaign, he published three peanut butter cookie recipes in a research bulletin entitled, “How to Grow the Peanut and 105 Ways of Preparing it for Human Consumption.”

In 1932, the Schenectady Gazette published the first peanut butter cookie recipe that called for crisscrossed fork marks on the top. Today, a peanut butter cookie just wouldn't be quite right without this iconic decoration!

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1412796" timestamp="1371056601"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby Again link=topic=112024.msg1412767#msg1412767 date=1371051594]
Both those dates remind me when Dayton had a decent team.  Long agao.... ;D ;D
[/quote] and we all still waiting for Barbies Hill to have one...
[/quote]

:o :o :) :) :D :D ;D ;D

[quote author=Smoking Baby Again link=topic=112024.msg1412767#msg1412767 date=1371051594]
[/quote] ;D

[/quote]

You and me both toots........... ;D ;D ;D 

[quote name="Smoking Baby Again" post="1412846" timestamp="1371065272"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=112024.msg1412796#msg1412796 date=1371056601]
[/quote]

[/quote]They lost their chance to get to State in baseball cause you came back from Alaska  ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1412903" timestamp="1371079048"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby Again link=topic=112024.msg1412846#msg1412846 date=1371065272]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=112024.msg1412796#msg1412796 date=1371056601]
[/quote]

[/quote]They lost their chance to get to State in baseball cause you came back from Alaska  ;D
[/quote]
:o ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder