Hey OctFeb...............

We are 18 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is......

International Youth Day
Today is International Youth Day! The purpose of this day is to raise awareness about the state of young people around the globe. It is our opportunity to think about the different problems that the youth of today face, such as malnutrition and disease, and to work together to find solutions. Together, we can make a difference.

In 1999, the General Assembly of the United Nations designated August 12th as International Youth Day. The hope was that people would organize activities on this day that would educate the public about issues that involve youth. The assembly also wanted to promote the World Programme of Action for Youth, which is dedicated to finding solutions to these situations.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are 17 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is....

Left-Handers' Day
Today is Left-Handers’ Day! Every year on August 13, we celebrate the 10% of the population that is left-handed. This day is also an opportunity to raise awareness about the needs of left-handed children.

If you are left-handed, you know that living in a world designed for right-handed people can be quite difficult. Opening doors, writing in spiral notebooks, and using a computer mouse can be awkward and frustrating. Studies have shown that left-handedness is often associated with intellectual creativity. Famous left-handers include Michelangelo, Mozart, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Henson, and 8 of our 44 presidents!

There are several ways you can celebrate Left-Handers’ Day. If you’re left-handed, declare a “lefty zone” around your personal space, where everything must be done left-handed. If you’re a righty, do something nice for your lefty friends. Buy them a left-handed pen or can-opener to make their lives a little easier!  TODAY IS MY DAY  ;D

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1423829" timestamp="1376401158"]
We are 17 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is....

Left-Handers' Day
Today is Left-Handers’ Day! Every year on August 13, we celebrate the 10% of the population that is left-handed. This day is also an opportunity to raise awareness about the needs of left-handed children.

If you are left-handed, you know that living in a world designed for right-handed people can be quite difficult. Opening doors, writing in spiral notebooks, and using a computer mouse can be awkward and frustrating. Studies have shown that left-handedness is often associated with intellectual creativity. Famous left-handers include Michelangelo, Mozart, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Henson, and 8 of our 44 presidents!

There are several ways you can celebrate Left-Handers’ Day. If you’re left-handed, declare a “lefty zone” around your personal space, where everything must be done left-handed. If you’re a righty, do something nice for your lefty friends. Buy them a left-handed pen or can-opener to make their lives a little easier!  TODAY IS MY DAY  ;D
[/quote]

Woohoo!!  I finally get a day!

[quote name="bigdog" post="1423833" timestamp="1376402490"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=112024.msg1423829#msg1423829 date=1376401158]

Left-Handers' Day

[/quote]

Woohoo!!  I finally get a day!
[/quote] yes... yay us...

We are 16 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is....

National Creamsicle Day
It’s National Creamsicle Day! This enjoyable frozen treat is the perfect way to sit back, relax, and cool down on a hot August day. The combination of vanilla cream and fruity ice is pure genius!

Creamsicles are not hard to find, but they are also easy to make at home. Mix together fruit juice and vanilla ice cream in a large bowl. Then, gradually add milk and continue to mix. Finally, pour the mixture into small paper cups and place them in the freezer. Once they are partially frozen, insert popsicle sticks into them and place them back inside the freezer. When they are frozen solid, peel off the paper cups and enjoy the creamsicle! Happy National Creamsicle Day!

National Relaxation Day

It’s National Relaxation Day! Today we live in a very fast-paced world that is often stressful and overwhelming. National Relaxation Day is all about taking a step back to unwind and decompress.Although a certain amount of stress is normal, too much of it can be harmful to your physical and mental health. Take care of yourself today. Read a book, get a massage, watch a movie, go for a long walk, or take a nap. No matter what you choose to do, just remember to take it easy, even if it’s only for a few minutes. Happy National Relaxation Day!

We are 15 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is .... ^^^^^ up there.... sometimes "smart" phones are not so smart..... :P

We are 14 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is....

National Men's Grooming Day (Note for that smoking baby and BHFAN)

There’s a lot of stigma around male grooming. But in today’s society it’s simply not acceptable to be scruffy, smelly and unkempt. So catch up, men! Men’s Grooming Day encourages men everywhere to buy and use grooming products, and to proactively manage their apperance. Salons, hairdressers and beauty parlours often cater especially to men on this day with offers, education and special consideration.

I would of chosen this one ...

President's Proclamation for National Airborne Day, Aug. 16

National Guard Bureau
WASHINGTON, Aug. 9, 2001 – Sixty-one years ago, 48 brave volunteer members of the U.S. Army Parachute Test Platoon pioneered a new method of warfare. Their successful jump led to the creation of a mighty force of more than 100,000 paratroopers. Members of this force were assigned to the legendary 11th, 13th, 17th, 82d and 101st Airborne Divisions and numerous other units that fought in every theater during World War II.
The soldiers of the Parachute Test Platoon also forged a unique warrior spirit, a relentless passion for victory, and a reputation that still strikes fear in potential adversaries. Beginning with the first combat jump by the men of the 2d Battalion, 503d Parachute Infantry Regiment, over North Africa in November 1942, airborne and special operations soldiers have made a total of 93 combat jumps. Since World War II, paratroopers have continually distinguished themselves in battle, earning 69 Congressional Medals of Honor and hundreds of other awards for valor.
Today, as we celebrate the anniversary of the first official Army parachute jump, I join all Americans in recognizing these heroes. We salute our Nation's sky troopers, both past and present, for their great service and personal sacrifice in the defense of freedom and liberty around the world.
Best wishes to all for a memorable observance.
GEORGE W. BUSH

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1424698" timestamp="1376659291"]

National Guard Bureau
WASHINGTON, Aug. 9, 2001 – Sixty-one years ago, 48 brave volunteer members of the U.S. Army Parachute Test Platoon pioneered a new method of warfare. Their successful jump led to the creation of a mighty force of more than 100,000 paratroopers. Members of this force were assigned to the legendary 11th, 13th, 17th, 82d and 101st Airborne Divisions and numerous other units that fought in every theater during World War II.
The soldiers of the Parachute Test Platoon also forged a unique warrior spirit, a relentless passion for victory, and a reputation that still strikes fear in potential adversaries. Beginning with the first combat jump by the men of the 2d Battalion, 503d Parachute Infantry Regiment, over North Africa in November 1942, airborne and special operations soldiers have made a total of 93 combat jumps. Since World War II, paratroopers have continually distinguished themselves in battle, earning 69 Congressional Medals of Honor and hundreds of other awards for valor.
Today, as we celebrate the anniversary of the first official Army parachute jump, I join all Americans in recognizing these heroes. We salute our Nation's sky troopers, both past and present, for their great service and personal sacrifice in the defense of freedom and liberty around the world.
GEORGE W. BUSH
[/quote] I didnt see that one... Or I would have.... So being you did I don't have to... Thanks for sharing.... Although them pooping eaglettes needed to see the other one...

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1424705" timestamp="1376660488"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=112024.msg1424698#msg1424698 date=1376659291]

National Guard Bureau
GEORGE W. BUSH
[/quote] I didnt see that one... Or I would have.... So being you did I don't have to... Thanks for sharing.... Although them pooping eaglettes needed to about the other one...
[/quote]

:-D My Dad was 82nd Airborne... so this one just had a personal touch to it :-D

we are 12 days away (Yes I know I missed a day) from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is....

National Soft Ice Cream Day
It's National Soft Ice Cream Day! Also known as “soft serve,” this swirled delight is served using a special machine. Ice cream vendors also use a special technique to double the amount of air in soft ice cream, which creates its light, smooth texture.

Soft ice cream has been around for about a century. Although its exact origins are unknown, we do know that the first references to soft ice cream appeared in the early 1900s. At that time, only a few types existed. Now, most ice cream shops serve a variety of fun flavors.

We are 11 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is.....

The National Aviation Day 

United States national observation that celebrates the development of aviation.
The holiday was established in 1939 by Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who issued a presidential proclamation which designated the anniversary of Orville Wright's birthday to be National Aviation Day (Mr. Wright, born in 1871, was still alive when the proclamation was first issued, and would live another nine years). The proclamation was codified (USC 36:I:A:1:118), and it allows the sitting US President to proclaim August 19 as National Aviation Day each year, if desired. His/her proclamation may direct all federal buildings and installations to fly the US flag on that day, and may encourage citizens to observe the day with activities that promote interest in aviation.

We are 10,9,8 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is....

National Senior Citizens Day
It’s National Senior Citizens Day! Today we celebrate the people who are part of the fastest-growing demographic in the world. According to the traditional definition, a senior citizen is anyone older than 60 years of age, but this seems laughable in today’s society. When it comes to new technologies, adults above the age of 55 represent 65% of all “early adopters.” This demographic is also the most politically engaged segment of the population. Almost 80% of all senior citizens vote in a presidential election, while the overall voter turnout is usually around just 50%.

And the reason the most senior citizens vote is because the Korean/Vietnam conflicts were(un-popular) political wars(war never declared)I don't know the Korean conflict casualties but 33,103 deaths of the 58,267 in Vietnam were 18 yrs young-8,283 were 19 yrs old.12 killed were 17-5 killed were 16-1 kid/soldier PFC Dan Bullock was 15 yrs old .1,448 KIA'S on their 1st day in combat-244 were awarded the medal of honor,91 lived to tell about it.

[quote name="liltex" post="1425958" timestamp="1377183861"]
And the reason the most senior citizens vote is because the Korean/Vietnam conflicts were(un-popular) political wars(war never declared)I don't know the Korean conflict casualties but 33,103 deaths of the 58,267 in Vietnam were 18 yrs young-8,283 were 19 yrs old.12 killed were 17-5 killed were 16-1 kid/soldier PFC Dan Bullock was 15 yrs old .1,448 KIA'S on their 1st day in combat-244 were awarded the medal of honor,91 lived to tell about it.
[/quote] My step dad was in the Vietnam War... He was in the Army. a gunner on a helicopter

We are 7 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is.....

National Sponge Cake Day
Today is National Sponge Cake Day! Sponge cake is the perfect dessert to enjoy at the end of a warm summer day. It is light and fluffy and has just enough sweetness to cleanse the palette after a meal.

Traditional sponge cake recipes call for three very basic ingredients: sugar, eggs, and flour. The key to the perfect sponge cake is in the technique. The batter must be beaten thoroughly in order to create volume. There are many varieties of this dessert including the Victoria Sponge Cake. This version is loaded with jam that is spread between several layers of the cake. The dessert was named after Queen Victoria who enjoyed having a slice of it with her afternoon tea.

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1425968" timestamp="1377184142"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=112024.msg1425958#msg1425958 date=1377183861]
[/quote] My step dad was in the Vietnam War... He was in the Army. a gunner on a helicopter
[/quote]

My dad was a Special Forces Paratrooper Korea...

We are 6,5 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is....
      Kiss and Make Up Day

Kiss and Make Up Day is a great way to end a spat. Everyone has an argument, a fight, or a tiff once in a while. Family, friends, lovers, no one escapes without an occasional fight. Today is a day to end the fight, kiss, and make up. Oh, what fun this day can be!

Today is a day to end the fight, be it a short spat, or a long standing feud. C'mon, get over the issues, and resolve your differences. Then, kiss and make up. After all, making up can be oh, so sweet. For lovers, it is the best part of the fight. Some might suggest that the kissing and the making up part makes fighting worthwhile.  :P

We are 4 days away from the start of the Texas High School Football Season and today is....

National Dog Day
Today is National Dog Day! Dogs have been “man’s best friend” for over 15,000 years. We rely on our wonderful canine companions to keep us safe, bring us comfort, and love us unconditionally. National Dog Day is our opportunity to show our deep appreciation for these remarkable animals and to find homes for all of the dogs in need of a loving family.

To celebrate National Dog Day, adopt a dog from your local shelter, organize a play date for all the dogs in your neighborhood, or treat your dog to a new toy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin