Summercreek Quarterback Aaron Sharp wins big at State 4a track championships

Aaron Sharp, No. 24 Dual-Threat QB in the Nation won the Texas state Class 4A regional track meet in the 200-meters hurdles, running a 21.19. He also helped the team win the 4x400 relay.

This comes after Summer Creek dominated the district track championships. in the district championships, Summer creek lapped the field, running circles around everyone to the point where the medal stand felt like the site of a coronation. Summer Creek’s boys scored 275 points at district, nearly 200 points more than second-place Kingwood Park. The Bulldogs won every field event and had a medalist in every running event.  Summer Creek earned the top three spots in the 200 meters and 300-meter hurdles. Summer Creek earned two of the three spots on the medal stand in all but three field events as well as the 400 meters, 100 meters and the 110 hurdles. Summer Creek won every relay.

Aaron Sharp is being compared to West Virginia-QB Pat White. A similar type dual threat QB.

I also hear rumors of 5 starting QB candidates at SC this year? Any news on that? I don't see Aaron being beaten out for the position, unless we have gotten someone unbelievably amazing.

[quote name="WinningatSC" post="1404236" timestamp="1368475298"]
Aaron Sharp is be compared to West Virginia-QB Pat White. A similar type dual threat QB.

I also hear rumors of 5 starting QB candidates at SC this year? Any news on that? I don't see Aaron being beaten out for the position, unless we have gotten someone unbelievably amazing.
[/quote]this post has to be a joke.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1404244" timestamp="1368476462"]
[quote author=WinningatSC link=topic=111929.msg1404236#msg1404236 date=1368475298]
Aaron Sharp is be compared to West Virginia-QB Pat White. A similar type dual threat QB.

[/quote]this post has to be a joke.
[/quote] I laughed.  :D

"Aaron Sharp, QB, Summer Creek - 4 offers( UTEP offered the summer before his junior season, and two others came in the last few weeks.)

6,749 yards 66tds with just 16 ints in two years of work. (Threw for 1,122 as a freshman)." "In 2011 he claimed district MVP honors after throwing for over 2500 yards and 23 touchdowns. Then in 2012 he upped the ante again finishing just shy of 3,000 yards passing and 38 touchdowns while claiming his second district MVP."

[quote name="WinningatSC" post="1404236" timestamp="1368475298"]
Aaron Sharp is being compared to West Virginia-QB Pat White. A similar type dual threat QB.

[/quote]

I believe they have 4 QBs fighting for backup....but I believe Zach Walker will win that spot

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1404317" timestamp="1368488285"]
[quote author=WinningatSC link=topic=111929.msg1404236#msg1404236 date=1368475298]

[/quote]

I believe they have 4 QBs fighting for backup....but I believe Zach Walker will win that spot
[/quote]

OK cool. That means we may have some depth at the position, and someone training for next year, and beyond. Sounds like good news to me.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1404317" timestamp="1368488285"]

[/quote]

[/quote]5 was a little much but I know in Crosby they're saying the backup qb, Tristan Cotton,who's going to be a sophomore next year could be a better option under center and let Aston play in the slot where he'll probably play if they stay committed to Rice. We got almost 900 from the slot with Justin Walter last year and Aston would probably push that total to around 1500 if he played there but I think the staff still realizes twin left, twin right, twin keep, twin throw it to Raelon is the best option for a shot at a regional title.

*I would say SC won because they have the big 4A enrollment but this time they did it at state so that argument is null and void which is why even though I like SC I though that was a weak a argument saying Georgetown was supposed to be a 5a school. Y'all have 29.5 more kids per Comeaux's post. You just have to admit when you get rolled sometime. Y'all go win a state title against every other 2000+ enrollment school and all I have to say is, "D*&^, them boys from Humble are fast". Good job SC and Sharp might as well commit now. TCU might offer now from what I've seen and he's like number 9 on the A&M list. Briles coached RG3 and is a Texas high school legend, enough said. 8)   

Generation Park is supposed to build 3000 apartments across Beltway 8 from Summer Creek High. It is not known yet if they will be zoned to Humble ISD. If they are zoned to HISD, the planned 6th new high school in HISD will be built sooner than later.

The 4,000-acre wooded site off the northeastern elbow of Beltway 8, has sold the first major tract in Generation Park to FMC Technologies, makers of subsea, wellhead and other equipment for the oil and gas industry. FMC Technologies purchased 173 acres on the west side of Beltway 8 and is assessing its plans for the site.

[quote name="WinningatSC" post="1404340" timestamp="1368495739"]
Generation Park is supposed to build 3000 apartments across Beltway 8 from Summer Creek High. It is not known yet if they will be zoned to Humble ISD. If they are zoned to HISD, the planned 6th new high school in HISD will be built sooner than later.

The 4,000-acre wooded site off the northeastern elbow of Beltway 8, has sold the first major tract in Generation Park to FMC Technologies, makers of subsea, wellhead and other equipment for the oil and gas industry. FMC Technologies purchased 173 acres on the west side of Beltway 8 and is assessing its plans for the site.
[/quote]You think they would zone them to Aldine ISD? Westfield already has nearly 4000. They'll probably use the Beltway for the cut off like they do between North Shore and Channelview.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1404334" timestamp="1368494662"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111929.msg1404317#msg1404317 date=1368488285]

[/quote]

[/quote]5 was a little much but I know in Crosby they're saying the backup qb, Tristan Cotton,who's going to be a sophomore next year could be a better option under center and let Aston play in the slot where he'll probably play if they stay committed to Rice. We got almost 900 from the slot with Justin Walter last year and Aston would probably push that total to around 1500 if he played there but I think the staff still realizes twin left, twin right, twin keep, twin throw it to Raelon is the best option for a shot at a regional title.

*I would say SC won because they have the big 4A enrollment but this time they did it at state so that argument is null and void which is why even though I like SC I though that was a weak a argument saying Georgetown was supposed to be a 5a school. Y'all have 29.5 more kids per Comeaux's post. You just have to admit when you get rolled sometime. Y'all go win a state title against every other 2000+ enrollment school and all I have to say is, "D*&^, them boys from Humble are fast". Good job SC and Sharp might as well commit now. TCU might offer now from what I've seen and he's like number 9 on the A&M list. Briles coached RG3 and is a Texas high school legend, enough said. 8) 
[/quote]

Cougar14, now you know only 1 person was saying Georgetown was winning because they are 5a, don't make it seem like it was the entire fan base. And you are right, Summer Creek is just fast like that, that doesn't have anything to do with enrollment. I saw 1A running and I saw a few kids that will dust anybody from anywhere. If you can run, you can run. And you said UH is Sharp best offer, why are you saying he should commit now? Are you talking about Baylor?

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1404350" timestamp="1368498852"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111929.msg1404334#msg1404334 date=1368494662]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111929.msg1404317#msg1404317 date=1368488285]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cougar14, now you know only 1 person was saying Georgetown was winning because they are 5a, don't make it seem like it was the entire fan base. And you are right, Summer Creek is just fast like that, that doesn't have anything to do with enrollment.[b] I saw 1A running and I saw a few kids that will dust anybody from anywhere. If you can run, you can run.[/b] And you said UH is Sharp best offer, why are you saying he should commit now? Are you talking about Baylor?
[/quote]Yeah, and there's an African in the woods who can beat Usain Bolt. You know what I'm saying It Is. The team title is because of those relays though. I know y'all are fast but Chance Casey got back to back hurdle state titles and went to Baylor also. I think he ended up with about 30 career starts but yeah, Baylor is what I was talking about for Sharp. RG3 was a track athlete(hurdle champ) too and Art Briles is starting to put together an excellent resume. Kevin Sumlin's offense at A&M is basically what he learned from Briles at UH. Look at Case Keenum's numbers and look at Nick Florence's numbers from their senior years under Sumlin and Briles respectively. Now look at RG3 with Briles and Johnny Football's numbers with Sumlin. Same offense except now Sumlin has the better players. There's about 10 head coaches in the country that are known as "quarterback guys" such Bobby Petrino, David Cutcliffe, Jeff Tedford, Steve Spurrier and so on. Briles is one of those guys now, and not to mention it's a private school education. 

[quote name="cougar14" post="1404347" timestamp="1368497952"]
[quote author=WinningatSC link=topic=111929.msg1404340#msg1404340 date=1368495739]

[/quote]You think they would zone them to Aldine ISD? Westfield already has nearly 4000. They'll probably use the Beltway for the cut off like they do between North Shore and Channelview.
[/quote]

The Generation Park development is no where near Aldine. It will be closer to Sheldon ISD, just south of Lake Houston. The Apartment complexes will be on the north side of Beltway 8, next to Summerwood subdivision, so it may fall in the Humble School District.

"Yeah, and there's an African in the woods who can beat Usain Bolt."

Actually, it may be a japanese teen.

"Yoshihide Kiryu, a 17-year-old Japanese runner is making headlines for his lightning fast sprints that someday could beat Bolt’s record.

In a startling performance that left everyone in his dust, Kiryu ran 100 meters in only 10.01 seconds at the Mikio Oda Memorial in Hiroshima, Japan. That run tied the junior world record on April 29.

He clocked his record-breaking time in a qualifiers run, and then won the final in 10.03 seconds, besting 20-year-old Olympian Ryota Yamagata by only one-hundredth of a second. Usain Bolt's 100-meter world record is 9.58 seconds set in 2009."

And Africa is not known for sprinters, but for long distance runners. Your stereotypes are weak, and ill informed.

[quote name="WinningatSC" post="1404376" timestamp="1368503742"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111929.msg1404347#msg1404347 date=1368497952]
[quote author=WinningatSC link=topic=111929.msg1404340#msg1404340 date=1368495739]

[/quote]

The Generation Park development is no where near Aldine. It will be closer to Sheldon ISD, just south of Lake Houston. The Apartment complexes will be on the north side of Beltway 8, next to Summerwood subdivision, so it may fall in the Humble School District.
[/quote]South of Lake Houston was the old district but do they still have all of that because now Liberty Lakes south of 90 and the developments to the west are Sheldon ISD too now.

[quote name="WinningatSC" post="1404377" timestamp="1368504161"]
"Yeah, and there's an African in the woods who can beat Usain Bolt."

Actually, it may be a japanese teen.

"Yoshihide Kiryu, a 17-year-old Japanese runner is making headlines for his lightning fast sprints that someday could beat Bolt’s record.

In a startling performance that left everyone in his dust, Kiryu ran 100 meters in only 10.01 seconds at the Mikio Oda Memorial in Hiroshima, Japan. That run tied the junior world record on April 29.

He clocked his record-breaking time in a qualifiers run, and then won the final in 10.03 seconds, besting 20-year-old Olympian Ryota Yamagata by only one-hundredth of a second. Usain Bolt's 100-meter world record is 9.58 seconds set in 2009."

[b]
And Africa is not known for sprinters, but for long distance runners. Your stereotypes are weak, and ill informed.[/b]
[/quote]I'm very well aware Africans are more known for distance running. Inten is the home to more world class marathoners than any place on the planet. Bolt is Jamaican which are probably per capita the best sprinters in the world but I used African for a certain reason, not an ill-informed reason. Africans had a history of being fast long before any other people in modern history. They didn't stop in Montego Bay to help get the boys in Sierra Leone if you know what I'm saying.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1404378" timestamp="1368506587"]
[quote author=WinningatSC link=topic=111929.msg1404376#msg1404376 date=1368503742]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111929.msg1404347#msg1404347 date=1368497952]

[/quote]

[/quote]South of Lake Houston was the old district but do they still have all of that because now Liberty Lakes south of 90 and the developments to the west are Sheldon ISD too now.
[/quote]
Wow, all this is new to me just now hearing this. I knew there is a lot of space in that general area but I hadn't expected it to grow so much so soon.

[quote name="WinningatSC" post="1404340" timestamp="1368495739"]

[/quote] Yep, heard about Generation Park this past football season. I thought it was already a done deal it would be zoned to Humble ISD  ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder