Legacy baseball disqualified from the TAPPS playoffs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like to me that bottom line the kids are in the clear with this thing other than their season being cut short and this is a paper work administration issue. I think TAPPS should review its procedure in paper work reviews and approvals and obviously the AD should study up on the rules. Maybe TAPPS should hold a mandatory rules and policy work shop each year to try and keep this type situation from occurring again.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1402747" timestamp="1368149985"]
[quote author=Kenny Powers link=topic=111799.msg1402745#msg1402745 date=1368149902]
What is the uil rule on high school coaches coaching their own players in select?
[/quote]

Cannot coach their own. Can coach players who attend other schools, but not ones who attend the school he/she coaches.
[/quote]

As I understand it once a kid is in 7th grade he can't be coached by school coach. This is my understanding of the UIL rule.

The 7th grade rule is correct for  U.I.L. coaches not to be involved with players or teams outside of the determined U.I.L. season of each sport.Select Basketball teams are watched more closely for this violation than baseball.Ive witnessed jr. high coaches run select or little dribblers teams practices & coach games from the stands  ;)

Everyone can say what they want to , it is your right , as is being entitled to your opinion . IMO , and from from first hand experience . Chris Fackler , is a man of great character , and integrity . He loves  the game of baseball and teaching not only the game but how important hard work , respect for others respect for the game , honesty , discipline , commitment , dedication . Well I think you get the picture by now .  IMO he not only is out to develop ball players , but is also trying to instill qualities in these young men that will take them a long way in the game of life . Now if legacy had not had the success they had this season , do I think this discussion would be taking place ? No I do not . The players in question would have never been brought up . But because of the success that legacy achieved , there is someone that just can't stand the fact that they out worked you , out played you , and out coached you . Maybe instead of working so hard to find something that legacy possibly did wrong . Maybe you should work just as hard at figuring out what you did wrong . Maybe your effort would be better served at developing the type of program coach Fackler is working hard to achieve . You see when it comes down to it , what IMO has been done , is show these kids at legacy , that no matter how hard you work , no matter how much time you put in , in today's world , it can all be taken away at no fault of your own . So congratulations whoever you are . I hope taking what these kids worked so hard for away from them makes you feel good . As for the legacy players  , parents , fans . Consider this year as a small speed bump on the road to many years of success you all are bound to experience with a man like Chris Fackler at the helm . I wish you all nothing but continued success , and just know , when your good someone will always be out to get you . Stay the course and do not let your faith be compromised . Go warriors . ...... This public service announcement brought to you by a Dayton Bronco fan . Lol .

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder