Raiders clinch playoff spot

Raiders clinched a playoff spot with a win over the dogs... Doesn't matter if they lose to ozen and vidor beats LCM cause there 3-1 against those two teams so if all that did shake up there would be a single elimination tournament and Lumberton would get a first round bye and play for a third place seed.. So either way win or lose Friday raiders are in the playoffs for the first time in 10 years congrats raiders!!

This is what Phatmack posted in another thread....

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1396660" timestamp="1366600802"]
[quote author=utfan1982 link=topic=111109.msg1396598#msg1396598 date=1366572949]
[quote author=espn2 link=topic=111109.msg1396433#msg1396433 date=1366475328]
As pet district 20-4a handbook

TIE-BREAKERS
A. Head-to-head in district play will not be used as a determinant for breaking ties.
[/quote]

Interesting. Well that sure changes things because unless Lumberton pulls one out if the hat Tuesday (and its very possible that they could), then they are going to fall to 7-6 and will be tied with the winner of the Vidor v. Livingston game. LCM is going to win Tuesday so they will be at least guaranteed a tie for 3rd or 4th regardless of their game Friday. But since head-to-head is out, there is still a decent chance that Lumberton, Vidor, and Livingston could all be tied for 4th at 7-7 after Friday. [b]Wonder how they would sort that out. I sure hope it wouldn't involve flipping coins, that is the worst idea ever to determine a ticket to the playoffs after a team spends an entire season to get to that point.[/b] Either way, things are looking interesting and Tuesday night is a big one for all four of these teams.
[/quote]

[size=12pt][b]If there is a 3 way tie, they flip coins to determine which team gets a bye then play a 3 team single elimination tournament. [/b][/size]
[/quote]

Guest BigCountry66
Am I the only one that thinks that Lumberton has not clinched anything yet?  Believe me, I want them to make it.  They have earned it and deserve it but...
If Lumberton loses to Ozen and Vidor beats LCM, that puts all 3 teams in a 3 way tie.  Then what I'm hearing is that a coin flip decides who gets a bye in a 3 team playoffs for the last two spots.  So if you don't get the bye and lose the first game, how has anyone clinched anything?  Can someone shed some light here

With all that said, if Lumberton beats Ozen, then they are definitely in but still have to decide what seed.  Right???

Guest BigCountry66
[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1397562" timestamp="1366818529"]
BigC check out the other post about the 20-4A playoffs... AdminBabeRuth has it all spelled out...

[url=http://www.setxsports.com/site/index.php?topic=111420.0]http://www.setxsports.com/site/index.php?topic=111420.0[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks Coach.  That was what I needed.  So 'head to head' does actually come in to play but only to decide who gets a bye in these 'play in' games.  Good thing we have AdminBR to clear all that mess up.  :)

LOL im still confused hahahaha I see what he is saying but also seen the rule that says head to head isnt used and phatmack saying that they use a coin flip for the mini 3 team tourney for the bye.... UGH Gotta love 20-4A never a dull moment in any sport!

It's whatever the district decides on.... we clinched cause even if we lose and vidor beats LCM it will be a 3 way tie for 3rd and 4th place with a single game tournament and were 3-1 against those teams and there both 2-2 against us three teams so we would get a first round bye and they would play for 4th place and whoever loses is eliminated and whoever wins plays us for 3rd place if we lost we would get 4th ..... The png situation is the same way if we won LCM won and png lost we'd have a single game elimination for 2nd place with png getting the first round bye and us and LCM playing and whoever would win would play png for 2nd

@coachcomeaux this is the what adminbabe ruth just put and the same as what my source said

Nederland: Secured the number 1 seed and out right district title.
PNG: With a  win will be the number 2 seed.
                With a loss, will need both Lum&LCM to lose to avoid a game on Saturday for the 2 seed.
                PNG can finish no worse than 3rd, because in the event of a three team tie they hold the seeding tie breaker (best record amongst teams involved)
Lumberton: Has clinched no worse than 4th, (they hold the seeding tie breaker in the event of a 3 team tie with LCM/Vidor)
                With a win and LCM loss and PNG loss, will play PNG on Sat for 2 seed.
                With a win and LCM win and PNG win, will play LCM on Sat for 3 seed.
                With a win and LCM win and PNG loss, will play LCM on Sat with the winner turning around a playing PNG.
                With a win and LCM loss and PNG win, Will be the 3 seed no tie breaker for Lum needed.
                With a loss and LCM loss, will get buy in the 3 team tie breaker and play Saturday’s winner of LCM/Vidor play in game.
                With a loss and LCM win, will be 4 seed.
LCM:  Could still finish anywhere from 5th to 2nd.
                With a win and PNG loss and Lum loss, will play PNG on Sat for 2 seed.
                With a win and PNG win and Lum loss, LCM 3 seed, no games needed on Saturday
                With a win and PNG win and Lum win, will play Lum Saturday for the 3 seed.
                With a win and PNG loss and Lum win, will play Lum Saturday with the winner turning around and playing PNG.
                With a loss and Lum win, will play Vidor Saturday for the 4 seed.
                With a loss and Lum loss, will play Vidor for play in game Saturday with the winner turning around and playing Lumberton for the 3 seed.
Vidor:  Must win to force a play in scenario.
                With win and Lum loss, will play LCM for play in game Saturday with the winner turning around and playing Lumberton for the 3 seed.
                With win and Lum win, will play LCM for the 4 seed.
                With a  loss they are eliminated.

I am still confused by the rule that ESPN2 posted and how it settles in all this that head to head would not be used in deciding ties... if that is true then that throws the automatic bye theory out the window.. I am sure what Admin is saying and your source that what he posted is correct... either way we shall all know come Friday Night ;-D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder