HJ vs Silsbee 2013!! This is for you Bedelmon.

Guest Farmer Fran

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1387700" timestamp="1363919397"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=110321.msg1387689#msg1387689 date=1363918367]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=110321.msg1387686#msg1387686 date=1363918192]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=110321.msg1387670#msg1387670 date=1363917215]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=110321.msg1387664#msg1387664 date=1363917028]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=110321.msg1387652#msg1387652 date=1363916243]
Fran, I'm not even going to answer that dude.... You wont see anyone make tackles because it the Silsbee's QB highlight reel..... [b]I have a hudl highlight film of #54 and not once does Silsbee gain a yard!!!! Funny how those highlight films work!!!!![/b]
[/quote]

Are you kidding me?!!!! :o

Silsbee had 447 total yards against HJ's defense, which included your son #54!!

Unbelievable!
[/quote]

He is Dilusional.
[/quote]

Dude, I was talking about a highlight reel. C'mon... Why would I put a clip of someone running a td against my son on his highlight reel? Why wold Silsbee's QB put in a clip of my son making a big pay on his highlight reel??? You guys are killing me. This isnt even fun any more... Im arguing with people about a football program and they dont even know what goes on a highlight reel..... Holy crap.... [b]Can someone get on here that has an idea what football is[/b]???????
[/quote] obviously you dont if you think a 21 pt loss to a team that had 5 turnovers is a good defensive effort  ;)
[/quote]

I guess well see. I have faith in this group of boys. I have faith we will get a great coach. Too bad I'm the only one. Lazeek is a prime example of why our football program is in the shape its in. Basketball, basketball, basketball.... I like our basketball program and I hope it continues to flourish. My kids and i are football and baseball so that is what I support. I know when Dr. Holmes makes his decision, it will be the right one for the football kids, and then everyone on this forum will see. Zeek, you should be ashamed of yourself for downing our football kids.
[/quote]

It is good to have faith, just not misguided faith. ;)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1387701" timestamp="1363919554"]
I am just being realistic.  And I will be the first to say I was wrong if HJ proves something this year.  Will you??

And like you said, you are a football and baseball guy and you support those sports.  Well I am a basketball guy (because I have family that coaches basketball) and I support basketball.  HJ could be the #1 team in the state in football, and I would not go to anymore games then I do now!!!!
[/quote]

Yeah, but I dont get on the basketball thread and down your family... And HJ has been #1 lots of times and I've never been to a varsity basketball game...

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1387692" timestamp="1363918681"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=110321.msg1387688#msg1387688 date=1363918277]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=110321.msg1387680#msg1387680 date=1363917918]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=110321.msg1387677#msg1387677 date=1363917755]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=110321.msg1387675#msg1387675 date=1363917563]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=110321.msg1387669#msg1387669 date=1363917188]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=110321.msg1387667#msg1387667 date=1363917107]
I like all sports at HJ. Lazeek you should go back to raising money for the basketball program while our swim coach has to drive the swim team in her own vehicle to the swim meets...
[/quote]

The swim coach is my wife you idiot!!!!
[/quote]

I know!!!!! Thats whats so funny! I think your wife is awesome by the way..... But your not.
[/quote]
I feel sorry for your kid man.
[/quote]

So True!!
[/quote]

For what??? My kid is fine..... You guys are the ones doggin him. He reads all this stuff. I like him to. Just makes him play harder..
[/quote]
Because he has a delusional, immature father like yourself. I really feel sorry for the kid.
[/quote]

Really. Well, your entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine... My opinion is HJ will give Silsbee all they can handle this next season. I may be delusional, and I may be inmature but one thing I'm not????? Is a vidorian...

Guest Air Bisquit
Bedelmon,

I do not mean to belittle your son, but you have to understand that if your boy is good enough he will get noticed, just remember the higher you put him on a pedestal the harder the fall.

I have a son that plays college football and a lot of people on here does not know that (AAW does) I have never once got on here and bragged about how good he is. He let his actions on the field do the talking, he did not need his daddy singing his praises on a message board.

He was good enough and blessed enough to get to continue his education and play 4 more years of a sport he truly loves.

[quote name="Scatright" post="1387710" timestamp="1363919983"]
While this thread is entertaining, I also find it sad. Husband and wife making fools of themselves in public forum, then encouraging their son to read it "to make him play harder". Other kids read it too, and they probably laugh at your son.
[/quote]

My wife and I think this forum is entertaining because of people like yourself. We just try to get a rise out of people just like you do. I dont make him read anything. If he wants to get on here he can, if he doesnt want to then he doesnt have to. I mentioned his number and all of you start doggin him and then say Im the inmature one. I bet there are kids that laugh at him, but I guarantee you they dont do it in his presence. You wouldnt do it in his presence. You dont know me, nor do you know my family and if you do, then you dont matter because your hiding behind a screen name... I'll leave it to you guys, fixing to spend some quality time with my inmature wife and no talent kids...

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1387718" timestamp="1363920484"]
Bedelmon,

I do not mean to belittle your son, but you have to understand that if your boy is good enough he will get noticed, just remember the higher you put him on a pedestal the harder the fall.

I have a son that plays college football and a lot of people on here does not know that (AAW does) I have never once got on here and bragged about how good he is. He let his actions on the field do the talking, he did not need his daddy singing his praises on a message board.

He was good enough and blessed enough to get to continue his education and play 4 more years of a sport he truly loves.

[/quote]

Kudos to your son, private message me his team name and number and I'll support him. I didnt realize I was bragging, felt more like defending. I actually said my son is probably the worst DE in the district... Then I said I hope he can contribute this next year. Then after watching the film, I asked why they never ran to his side?

I think this thread has gone far enough....it is neither entertaining nor funny.  Calling "bedelmon" out just to attack someone personally shouldn't be what this is about.  Talk about the upcoming game in 2013, it doesn't really matter what happened this past year.....new players (and in HJ's case, new coach as well) on both teams should be interesting.  Bedelmon is not the only one in the community who thinks HJ will be better, but he is on here supporting his beliefs.  AAW, you always refer to the talent pool Silsbee pulls in year in, year out.....i seem to recall Silsbee had a pretty good stretch of some bad seasons right before they moved down to 3A.....a friend of mine had a kid that played all 4 years of HS on one of those teams....they were bad......exactly what changed all of that for you guys?  coaching change? change of philosophy? renowned focus to get the program back on track?  idk.....zeek, I see you made it back on the forum....after being called out a few weeks ago I guess you were just waiting to see how long it would take for anyone to support bedelmon....figured you would bandwagon the "no talent" train once again....as i stated before, you wouldn't know if there was talent there or not as you have no idea what you're looking for.  To be honest, I don't care if HJ has all the talent those guys may have right now, but i am looking forward to them being competitive.  One last note, the turnovers you guys keep referring to, doesn't matter the quantity as much as what point during the game they happened and location of field position they gave up.  I'm sure Silsbee didn't just walk over and hand the ball to an HJ player so they could downplay a 21 pt win on turnovers.  Fran, congrats to your kid playing at the next level...i personally think that is awesome.....its nice when the hard work pays off....i turned that opportunity down when i had the chance and often times wish i would not have. 

To be accurate on the last few years of Silsbee football in 4A:

'98  Regional finalists
'99  Bi district
'00  missed playoffs
'01  Bi district
'02  missed playoffs
'03  missed playoffs

Those last 2 years of 4A was brutal, going 1-19.

If 2 years equals what you call as a "pretty good stretch", then so be it. That was a pretty tough 4A district with the likes of Nederland, PNG, Central, Ozen, WO-S and others.

Anyone can see that Silsbee benefited from moving down to 3A, but it wasn't like Silsbee was always a pushover in 4A. If we are to compare Silsbee's success at football in 4A to HJ's success in 3A, there really is no comparison. ;)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1387864" timestamp="1363965466"]
Silsbee went to the playoffs in 4A in 88, 92,93,98, 99,00. Remeber 4A use to have only 2 teams going to yhe playoffs. HJ has had ZERO success vs Silsbee in the past 13 years.
[/quote]

Silsbee went to playoffs in 4A more times than you have listed.

BTW, Silsbee went in '01, not '00.

Also, you are wrong on the "zero" success of HJ against Silsbee in last 13 years. HJ beat Silsbee in 2005.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1387869" timestamp="1363965949"]
Aggie what was the years I missed. I do know Quincy Wilson was the last.QB to lead Silsbee to plAyoffs when they lost to Lincoln.
[/quote]

That was '01 when Silsbee lost too Lincoln.

Silsbee has been to playoffs several times in 60's and 70's.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1387868" timestamp="1363965845"]
Bedlom are u trying to get your son a scholarship? If so make sure they dont attend the Silsbee game next year. They have even more talent coming in!
[/quote]

If he chooses football he'll get it on his own, he dont need me. I'm sure there will be lots of recruiters at the Silsbee game watching the Silsbee players. Thats the only hope an HJ player has... He has to impress against the Silsbee's of the world...

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1387874" timestamp="1363966361"]
Wasnt Silsbee 3A in the 60's and 70's?
[/quote]

The classification was labeled 3A at that time but it is now 4A. Back then the top classification was 4A but UIL did away with the Class B and bumped everyone up a class and created 5A.