spidersal
Members-
Posts
1,493 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by spidersal
-
FINAL — Silsbee 24 at Nederland 28 — Discussion
spidersal replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
If you really observe the game and watched the 1st 2 games, you have to admit how poorly Nederland is coached You have way too much arm tackling, you have 2 or 3 players on the kick off team and 2 or 3 in the secondary that avoid contact, the receivers on the kick return team run to much east and west, the OL doesn’t block very good, and the young QB has a ton of work to learn Let us be reminded that they have a bunch of starters returning and also be reminded that was a weak Silsbee team On The positive side, I think the RB’s could be good, the receivers are better, and the DL is playing well It actually looks like they are coached well After observing these 3 games and watching the play of the secondary, the missed tackles, and the OL, I see it as Crawford 42 Nederland 14 -
FINAL — Silsbee 24 at Nederland 28 — Discussion
spidersal replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
Yes the Bulldogs need to work on tackling badly. Anyone have a clue on the last season that the Dogs had a good secondary? This group of secondary players are about as poor as you can get. I blame it on the secondary coach. OL is not to swift either and the QB needs a ton of work. But hey they got the win -
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
spidersal replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
I thought they sent King to AAA. What is he doing back up and why are they pitching him. He didn’t even record an out and Blubaugh’s 2nd bad night in a row. -
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
spidersal replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
Blubaugh is usually effective, not tonight. Hung on for the much needed win. Looked like a Bridge City man pitched some in relief for the Phillies -
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
spidersal replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
It is certainly an up and down season. For some reason when they pitch good, they don’t hit and when they hit, they struggle on the mound. They are having a hard time putting it all together Luckily they are probably in the weakest division in the major leagues -
EyeNoBetter, You are certainly correct on just about everything you stated. I disagree with the secondary. They game up the winning TD to WB on a 4th down play and were no where in sight on WOS 1st TD. Most of the tackles vs WOS running game were made by the DL I have heard as well as you that football and baseball is extremely effected by parental influence. I heard that some of the better players are not starting because of this. If this is the case, it is ashame
-
Defense was not the problem vs WOS. The DL played pretty good, the LB ‘ers played hard, they are just slow, and the secondary is the same as the past several seasons, extremely poor They must have the worst secondary coaches in southeast Texas The offense is the major problem. The QB threw well from 1-5 yards, but couldn’t throw longer than that. They have not had a good QB in a long time. The last 2 were good athletes, just simply not QB’s. They could have been good receivers or running backs. The receivers look a little better this year. I couldn’t tell if the RB’s are any good because the OL is absolutely horrible. I am not sure they blocked anyone the entire game vs WOS IMO they will be 3-7 if the OL doesn’t improve quickly
-
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
spidersal replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
Baddog glad to see Javier finally have a good game. I know it is rare for him to pitch good but glad he did -
Yes aggiesarewe, they were 7-4 in 2024 However I said they have been bad for several years. They were 7-4 that year but they were not a good team The last 3 games showed that, especially the Texas High game where they were embarrassed. The 2 seasons you have correct about being pretty good were 2020 and 21
-
You are absolutely correct NHS, however they lost the last 4 games because of a defense that was bad. The Montgomery game, where if they would have won, they would have been 2nd and would have hosted got a playoff game. However the defense completely shut it down in the last quarter vs Montgomery and then proceeded to travel to Texarkana, where they completely been embarrassed I really believe Texas High could have scored a 100 if they would have wanted to
-
Thanks aggiesarewe, however several to me is more than 3 and 25, 24, 23, 22 were bad, that is more than 3. If several is more than 4 to you, then you are correct, however the record posted from 25-22 was 15-27
-
The only years that you have with a good season is 2020-2021. 2021 they set at the house with a 4-3 district record. Don’t even mention 2024 when they chocked in the last district game and got embarrassed by Texas High, a team that PNG beat in the playoffs. Why did they get embarrassed Can you say because their defense was horrible you are still tremendous with stats, however you still have no answer about what it takes to win
-
Yes that was a question, why because several posters raved about all the talent they had this season. It was a sarcastic post because of all the ones bragging about all this talent. When I saw the WB game, I sure didn’t see a lot of talent. If they have this talent, they sure didn’t show it. Again, let me emphasize, when you lose several years in a row, you have a losers mentality, unless the coaching staff can change it. I simply do not think they have a quality coaching staff and that is my opinion
-
I never in my post said they were talentless. I said obviously there is not MUCH talent
-
I got you but 26 a game is pretty sad look at the last 4 years, right at 30 a game you may call that ok, but I sure don’t. Good defense to me would be averaging 14 or less. I would not call averaging anything above that good
-
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
spidersal replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
Good pitching tonight, just need to start hitting. If they can put those two together they will be tough to beat. The big problem now is that they are struggling hitting with risp -
I certainly understand what your saying which is a good point, however when you average giving up that type of average for several seasons in a row, I question talent level, coaching, and team’s mentality. I would imagine you would have a lot of doubts about winning when you have been losing for several years with most games not even being close
-
Ole Aggiesarewe has all the answers. I really don’t think all the teams you mentioned have been averaging giving up about 35 a game for the past several years. Since you seem to have all the answers, you tell me why they have been playing so bad for the past several years. Is it turnovers, penalties, injuries, poor coaching, a lack of talent. I could go on and on
-
So where is this talent that just gave up 33 points. If they had a little talent they would not have given up 33 points. So again if they have talent why are they play so poorly?
-
The answer is simple. A culture change and good coaches. Neumann did it and he had several good assistants like pate and Spell. It is obvious that the dogs do not have a whole lot of talent, but you can overcome that through hard work and having football since. Those things can be taught. When you have a ton of penalties and are known around the area as playing dirty you want win many games. Also, you have to teach how to have success after several losing seasons. PNG doesn’t seem to have a problem with that. Why, because they hired a coach that believes in defense 1st and he has very good assistant coaches. Unfortunately Nederland does not!
-
I wouldn’t call it being negative, I would call it being the truth. If that hurts your feelings , maybe you shouldn’t post. I take it giving up an average of about 40 points a game last year and 33 already this year is good defense. You might think so, but I sure don’t!
-
I see ole BigDog doesn’t like reality. I simply stated that all these folks were talking about how good they were going to be this year with all the returners and these tremendous players from the JV and freshman teams. However they forgot that when you continue to lose, you get that loser’s mentality. They were about as bad as you can get last year and after watching the WB game they are still pretty bad and if you think they can compete against a much better team than WB, maybe you came from the moon. It is great to be for your team and I applaud you for that, however I think one needs to be realistic about a team and a program that has been poor the past several years. Again they have not played good defense since Delbert Spell retired and that has been a few years!
-
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
spidersal replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
Another good win for the Astros. Peck pitched pretty well minus the 1st 3 batters and 2 walks in 5th, Blubaugh pitched well, Abreu fair (2 walks), and Hader good as usual Hopefully they can string some wins together and stay above 500 -
WO-S 35 Nederland 7. Another year of no defense and offense will not move the ball much on WO-S. Gave up 300 rushing yards to WB. Probably give up about 350 to WO-S. Quickly discovering over the past few years, the Bulldog players are soft. They have all these starters back off a horrific team. They praised the JV and freshman teams. Did they all quit? My take is they are not very good!
-
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
spidersal replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
They finally sent King down, I wonder when they’re going to send Javier down. He is about as bad as you can get on the mound. I don’t even think he could win in AAA. Pitching staff is going to cost them the playoffs. Yes, before you post it, I know they didn’t hit today