5GallonBucket

AUSTIN SMITHEY NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT WARREN

Recommended Posts

You’re exactly right. It’s not just the coaches that make up a successful program. Parents play a huge role in the athletics program. But let me just add, the community is also a very important factor. It takes an entire culture dedicated to building up kids and believing in the program to turn things around. Even through the toughest of times, and the worst games the community should be determined to show up, stay (even when they are losing) and continue to stand by the kids and coaches no matter what the outcome is in the short term. Eventually, the mindset WILL change and results will be inevitable.  Great athletes believe in themselves to constantly improve. As a community member, I am purposing to promote this belief for these young athletes and this new coach by showing my support.  
 

Only good things are happening in Warren!  So proud of the growth mindset that our admin, decision makers, school board members and stakeholders have. Change is inevitable for any district, and it’s a necessary evil. 
I for one, am ready to embrace the vision and support our Warrior Nation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1
5 hours ago, lsutigers20230 said:

Great decision on firing the girls Basketball  coach who’s a great coach. They went to the playoffs this year seems to me that’s how you do things and make good decisions fire the coach that is building a program.

He wasn’t “fired”. He left for his own reasons. Warren is turning a new corner with Smithey. Young, energetic, and has “been there and done it”. Let’s see what he is going to bring to the table. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whs15 said:

He wasn’t “fired”. He left for his own reasons. Warren is turning a new corner with Smithey. Young, energetic, and has “been there and done it”. Let’s see what he is going to bring to the table. 

He was fired, mark it down he was fired because the sup told him if he didn’t resigned he was getting fired. Been there and done it?? He’s never been a head coach before so how has he been there and done it?? He’s a position coach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Has Warren upgraded their stadium and track in recent years? I was told awhile back the gym was new, not sure that was true or not. 

The gym is nice. The football and track facilities have been pretty much the same for years. It would be hard to pass a bond issue to improve facilities with the history of the program. I still think an AD tag on a basketball or baseball guy would be an improvement but that’s never gonna happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The parents and students stuck their noses into how to or not to run the football program in Kville. See where they are now. You can’t paddle my kid. Yes, someone just like some of you on this site that thinks you know more about how to run the program than the coaches that are trained to do. 
In my days, if you got licks in school you got them again when you got home. A good paddling is good for the rear end. 
That is discipline, seems like there is something In the Good Book  about It.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

The parents and students stuck their noses into how to or not to run the football program in Kville. See where they are now. You can’t paddle my kid. Yes, someone just like some of you on this site that thinks you know more about how to run the program than the coaches that are trained to do. 
In my days, if you got licks in school you got them again when you got home. A good paddling is good for the rear end. 
That is discipline, seems like there is something In the Good Book  about It.

And the parents, board run the show at warren, that’s why the sup got rid of the girls coach 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

The parents and students stuck their noses into how to or not to run the football program in Kville. See where they are now. You can’t paddle my kid. Yes, someone just like some of you on this site that thinks you know more about how to run the program than the coaches that are trained to do. 
In my days, if you got licks in school you got them again when you got home. A good paddling is good for the rear end. 
That is discipline, seems like there is something In the Good Book  about It.

Amen!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lsutigers20230 said:

He was fired, mark it down he was fired because the sup told him if he didn’t resigned he was getting fired. Been there and done it?? He’s never been a head coach before so how has he been there and done it?? He’s a position coach. 

I’ll mark it down but it’s incorrect, sorry.  🤷🏼‍♂️ 

And 6 district championships and 1 state title doesn’t qualify someone as “been there and done it”? Sheesh, your qualification list for an AD must be tough. It takes a whole coaching staff to lead a team, not just a head coach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, whs15 said:

I’ll mark it down but it’s incorrect, sorry.  🤷🏼‍♂️ 

And 6 district championships and 1 state title doesn’t qualify someone as “been there and done it”? Sheesh, your qualification list for an AD must be tough. It takes a whole coaching staff to lead a team, not just a head coach. 

He bringing some guys from the other school with him? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

He bringing some guys from the other school with him? 

I’m not sure that happens this year since it’s so late in season, but I’m sure that he will bring in his own people at some point in the future. Meet and greet is June 15th @ 6:30 in the Board Room. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whs15 said:

I’ll mark it down but it’s incorrect, sorry.  🤷🏼‍♂️ 

And 6 district championships and 1 state title doesn’t qualify someone as “been there and done it”? Sheesh, your qualification list for an AD must be tough. It takes a whole coaching staff to lead a team, not just a head coach. 

Calallen has never won a state championship in football. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, PdaddyBball said:

Calallen has never won a state championship in football. 

Well this will have to be a question asked Tuesday night. Thanks for your input!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whs15 said:

Well this will have to be a question asked Tuesday night. Thanks for your input!

Don't have to wait until then: https://www.uiltexas.org/football/archives

That being said, he did serve under a coach that has won more games in Texas High School football than any other coach, ever.  I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he learned a little something there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In all honesty folks we’re getting the cart in front of the horse here. The new coach could be the best in our schools history and still have the same record as his predecessor. I wish the guy the best but unless he has some kids that are blue chip recruits some of y’all are setting the bar to high. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 88Warrior said:

Truth is not everyone is going to be happy with whoever is hired…If Nick Saban was picked there would have been someone posting on here mad…Good luck to Coach Smithey and here’s to hoping  he can help bring success to all the programs along with the students, parents and community…

Very true 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, whsalum said:

My heart will always be a Warren Warrior but the athletic programs on the boys side have been disappointing for several years. As an outsider looking in these days it appears the programs that had some degree of success in the past have been neglected. Like I’ve said before I wish the new guy the best of luck but I’m not convinced coaching is the problem in Warren. In all sports it has to start at a young age with the parents being dedicated to develop the youth leagues, travel teams and most importantly a weight program. Until we turn this around we’re going to struggle. 

Bold

 

amen amen and amen

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, whs15 said:

I’ll mark it down but it’s incorrect, sorry.  🤷🏼‍♂️ 

And 6 district championships and 1 state title doesn’t qualify someone as “been there and done it”? Sheesh, your qualification list for an AD must be tough. It takes a whole coaching staff to lead a team, not just a head coach. 

You ve been fed lies

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 6:11 PM, 88Warrior said:

Buddy I want to say he was 28 or 29 yrs old when he got the job but am not 100% certain…

I think he was 30, but yeah close to that age.  Definitely high energy and thats what reminds me of this hire

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2021 at 2:50 AM, whsalum said:

The gym is nice. The football and track facilities have been pretty much the same for years. It would be hard to pass a bond issue to improve facilities with the history of the program. I still think an AD tag on a basketball or baseball guy would be an improvement but that’s never gonna happen. 

I think we could get a bond passed for the stadium/track.

Hell, hardin has a new stadium/turf like a decade ago and they aint won a football game since 1974.

So, we should be able to imo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Member Statistics

    42,664
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Big Chief100
    Newest Member
    Big Chief100
    Joined



×
  • Create New...