#11 Texas A&M at Miss St

#3 Georgia at #2 Alabama

#1 Clemson at Georgia Tech

Ole Miss at Arkansas 

#5 North Carolina at Florida St

Louisville at #4 Notre Dame

Pitt at #13 Miami 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bob Gardner
    Newest Member
    Bob Gardner

• But here is the thing.there QB is a freshman.but if u dont pressure him he can throw it. Debo #6 is young and didn't handle the blitz well.but if u give him time he isn't bad at all.
    • The Jasper job isn't for everybody. Expectations are the same there as they are at Newton and West Orange even though we don't have skins on the wall like those schools do. There was a lot of turnover for about 15 years in between Walkoviak and Barbay. I don't know entirely what those situations were, so I can't speak on that.  I think we're fortunate to have Barbay, though, because he and his family seem to like living in Jasper. We win at almost the same rate that we did under Walkoviak and I think we'll eventually win a title under him if he stays long enough and adjusts his philosophy enough to rally in games like the one we played against Carthage.  I'm not a coach at all, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. I just want us to win like everybody else that has ties to the program.   
    • JD wasn't the QB then. He was the jv QB when they played Carthage. Dillon Sterling Cole and chase Rutledge was the QB. JD took over the next year after dillion left for Westfield. 
    • That's a good quote. I think I've miscommunicated my point: I didn't say PNG got any moral victory out of its loss. My point is that when we try to evaluate the strength of a team, the WAY a team loses can be indicative of future wins. For example: Nederland has often started out the season 0-3, only to go on to go undefeated in district. Their losses were still losses, but they don't tell the whole story. Nederland was playing good competition and at a point in its timeline where the X's and O's weren't working right, but used that to put things together down the stretch. See also: Silsbee the last two years. So while football wins are determined based on inches, per Mr. Pacino, I'd argue that PREDICTING future wins is based on a whole lot more. 
  • Topics