SETX Freshmen

4 hours ago, Chester86 said:

Hard to tell before the season starts, and we still have most in basketball.  This would be going straight off reputation.  We have a few that hopefully can contribute, and definitely one we are hoping can contribute innings on the mound.

i heard evedale has a NEW freshman pitcher who is suppose to be pretty good. any truth to that?

On 2/4/2016 at 2:22 PM, TradenupBH said:

There's a log jam at BH, but the Freshman group is solid. BH will be really strong in the next couple of years.

There is some good upper class man at BH so will be hard for a freshman to crack the line up, but Coach Denny will usually take 1 or 2 freshman on varsity if they can contribute..  BH will be pretty good for the next few years

6 hours ago, BH11 said:

There is some good upper class man at BH so will be hard for a freshman to crack the line up, but Coach Denny will usually take 1 or 2 freshman on varsity if they can contribute..  BH will be pretty good for the next few years

That's why I said there was a log jam because BH has some really solid upper classmen. BH usually has a quality program from Freshmen to Seniors, so it's difficult to be on varsity and contribute as a freshman.

12 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

That's why I said there was a log jam because BH has some really solid upper classmen. BH usually has a quality program from Freshmen to Seniors, so it's difficult to be on varsity and contribute as a freshman.

Did hear there was a freshman pitcher that was doing pretty good at BH, may see some innings through the tournaments, if he can hold his own he will say on varsity,  When  it comes to freshman on varsity and I'm a pitcher, I would rather be on JV and get innings in,and not just sit.  If I'm a fr position player, it is a double edge, if you stay on varsity you may not play a whole lot, but practice with the varsity, and if you have ever seen the way Denny runs a practice, that freshman will get a lot of coaching and improvement, or be on JV and play every game but not get the reps in practice like the varsity gets or the coaching.  You are right, I have not  seen too many freshmen come in and be a impact player on a  bigger program when 5A or above, there has been 2 at BH I know of the last 6 years, one in 2011 and another in 2014.