*Nederland vs. Georgetown Updates*/GTown wins 41-36

For all the seniors, I know this is a hard one to swallow.. But don't hang your heads! Y'all represented Nederland proudly for these years! You continued to show basketball fans and coaches in the area that Nederland is something to be reckoned with! I can speak for lots of people when I say how proud I am of what y'all have accomplished!

Go Dogs!

Tough way to end a season when you lead the entire game and give it away at the end. Great season guys, proud of all of you. We will miss you Seniors. Thanks for the memories, and good luck to you in the future.

For those of you coming back, remember this feeling, and don't let it happen next year. Will be a lot of new faces on the team next year.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1380108" timestamp="1361930652"]
Very slow game. LOTS of missed shots by Ned
[/quote]Ned missed 4 or 5 shots under the basket in the 1st half. Ball just wouldn't drop. Also, Ned struggled at the line. We started 2/9 and finished 6/13 for the entire game. Our season average is over 72%. Hate to see these kids end their season on a game like this.

A special thanks and goodbye to these Nederland seniors. I have had the privilege of watching most of these boys since Little Dribblers. They have demonstrated how to win with humility and lose with dignity and respect. You have put your fingerprint on the Nederland basketball program. You are a good group of basketball players but more importantly a good group of young men. I am proud to be an ex-bulldog and a bulldog fan. Thanks for the memories and good luck to each of you!!

What an inspiring group of young men, I will miss watching you guys play.  Nothing to hang your heads about, this group has really set the bar high for future players.  Congratulations on a wonderful high school career and putting the spark for basketball back into our community.  I wish you the best of luck in your future whether you are playing basketball at the next level or not.  You couldn't have represented Nederland any better than you have.  To Coach English, you have done such an incredible job here at Nederland and yet you are so humble about each successful season here at Nederland...Thank you for all of your hard work and perseverance implementing your program.  It serves all of us here in Nederland with a lot of PRIDE to be represented by you and your team, and for that, I want to thank you.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1380255" timestamp="1361936495"]
That Georgetown team, I tell you.  They did both our teams in real good in a 4 day span by holding them to really low scores.  Boy, that sucks.  Great season, nonetheless, Bulldogs.
[/quote]

Soulja, you got it right...I have to think that both Nederland and Central are wondering "how in the heck did that team beat us?"...nevertheless, they did and are advancing so congrats to them...Nederland (as did Central from what I understand) really let one slip away that they could have easily won...I couldn't help but feel at halftime that the lead should have been closer to 15 rather than the 8 that it was

For the Nederland seniors, it is always difficult when a season ends but you guys have helped continue the tradition of Nederland being a very solid basketball program and you guys have much to be proud of...best of luck in your future endeavors

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder