Nederland at Ozen

Nederland at Ozen Tuesday, who ya got?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Nederland at Ozen Tuesday, who ya got?

• Nederland
    • Ozen

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday morning and it's already starting. All three teams make the playoffs. So is this about school bragging rights and/or  district banners in the gym.

Plus side is that 4-A is so wide open this year, there  is no clear dominant winner in our region. So Nederland should not take this upcoming game so serious. 8)

U said it Dove! Bragging rights!! Not sure if I can deal with you having bragging rights over me for the next 10/11 months!! ;D 8)

Honestly though, I completely agree. Region IS wide open, so a loss does not end the season as some in Nederland believe. ::) I mean, IF we end the reg season at 24-10 and not 26-8, then, 'What is wrong with Nederland?' ;)

Matchups will be important in the playoffs, that's why I think this game is very important for us. A 3rd place finish will have us play either Humble or Crosby in round 1. A 1st place or 2nd pl finish will have us play KW Park or Summer Creek or CE King. We match up much better against these 3 teams.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1369585" timestamp="1359919950"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=108903.msg1369549#msg1369549 date=1359911205]
Still, no one made a prediction, so, I will...

Big Ned - 55

Pear Orchard - 63
[/quote]Too close! Will be by a larger margin
[/quote]Last game was a nail biter. What makes you think it will be a victory of more than 8?
If you're giving more than 8, I'll take that bet! ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1369588" timestamp="1359920248"]
Ozen was blowing Nederland away. Ozen took the pressure off and Nederland took advatage of an opportunity.
[/quote]Ozen shot over 70% from three land in the 1st half (including a bank shot at the buzzer)  Do you expect to shoot that well again? Remember the Ozen game against PNG two weeks ago.....;)
Remind us how many heart attacks you and Top Flight had during that game! ;D

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1369591" timestamp="1359920844"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108903.msg1369588#msg1369588 date=1359920248]
Ozen was blowing Nederland away. Ozen took the pressure off and Nederland took advatage of an opportunity.
[/quote]Ozen shot over 70% from three land in the 1st half (including a bank shot at the buzzer)  Do you expect to shoot that well again? Remember the Ozen game against PNG two weeks ago.....;)
Remind us how many heart attacks you and Top Flight had during that game! ;D
[/quote] :o :o

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1369599" timestamp="1359922241"]
Young Ozen will not be able to handle the pressure of a game with possible District title on the line. They only beat Ned the first time because of a lucky bank 3 and a coach E tech. Ozen WILL NOT shoot 70% again.
[/quote]
Surely u jest! If Ozen continues playing the way they have the last couple of games, it's going to be a lot harder for Nederland to walk back to their cars and buses than it was a couple of weeks ago.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
I believe Ozen will shoot the ball very well against Nederland because English has a bad habit of trying to play percentages. Kinda like he did against HJ...A zone is disrespectful don't think for a second the Panthers won't eat that up alive and also we are playing at home...Now I wonder if you still like your chances of winning this game. Nederland can ONLY go possibly 2 deep in their bench before it starts to get cloudy for them...And trust this time we won't call the dogs off ;D 8)

[quote name="uandme08" post="1369602" timestamp="1359922639"]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=108903.msg1369599#msg1369599 date=1359922241]
Young Ozen will not be able to handle the pressure of a game with possible District title on the line. They only beat Ned the first time because of a lucky bank 3 and a coach E tech. Ozen WILL NOT shoot 70% again.
[/quote]
Surely u jest! If Ozen continues playing the way they have the last couple of games, it's going to be a lot harder for Nederland to walk back to their cars and buses than it was a couple of weeks ago.
[/quote]
Well hang your hat on past performances if you want to. Need I remind you of the PNG game. Ozen was LUCKY to leave that gym with a win. But I agree, I hope y'all play the same as in that game.

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1369604" timestamp="1359923118"]
I believe Ozen will shoot the ball very well against Nederland because English has a bad habit of trying to play percentages. Kinda like he did against HJ...A zone is disrespectful don't think for a second the Panthers won't eat that up alive and also we are playing at home...Now I wonder if you still like your chances of winning this game. Nederland can ONLY go possibly 2 deep in their bench before it starts to get cloudy for them...And trust this time we won't call the dogs off ;D 8)
[/quote]
I would play the percentages and probabilities too. The probability Ozen shoots 70% from 3 land again is VERY LOW

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
No scapegoats or strategy excuses... But in the PNG game their focus was not there at all..couldn't get up for what they thought was a meaningless game ..and it turned out ugly...yes that can get u beat...surely u r forgetting what Ozen was doing to Nederland in their own gym..had it been me I would've drove the bus thru them but hey that's why I'm not the coach and I understood what he was doing. But at the end of the day they will be very focused for this game and they will win it by a large margin..buy its just one mans opinion  8)

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1369613" timestamp="1359927497"]
No scapegoats or strategy excuses... But in the PNG game their focus was not there at all..couldn't get up for what they thought was a meaningless game ..and it turned out ugly...yes that can get u beat...surely u r forgetting what Ozen was doing to Nederland in their own gym..had it been me I would've drove the bus thru them but hey that's why I'm not the coach and I understood what he was doing. But at the end of the day they will be very focused for this game and they will win it by a large margin..buy its just one mans opinion  8)
[/quote]'Scapegoat' is a Nederland football fan who provides insight to both the Nederland basketball program AND baseball program. ::)

Back to topic though, do you really think Ozen would have continued to shot better than 70% from 3 pt land in the 2nd half too? Maybe Saveat decided to play the odds himself and won?

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
My apologies HonestAbe...  ;).... I think they would've shot around 65  ::).....lol...seriously they had it on their minds that night just like they will Tues...

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1369628" timestamp="1359932260"]
My apologies HonestAbe...  ;).... I think they would've shot around 65  ::).....lol...seriously they had it on their minds that night just like they will Tues...
[/quote]Lol! Most teams usually shoot about 65% in big games, so you're prolly right! ;D

I think Ozen had a lot to prove in that 1st meeting and against Central 2 weeks ago. Their focus will not be the same, IMO. Same can be said for Ned. I think we played to not lose in the 1st game. Now lots of doubters, so their focus and intensity will go up!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124