Beaumont ISD posts opening for Central football

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1362296" timestamp="1357781425"]
What makes you think Central will get someone better? Saveat has made some awful hires
Most recently he brought in a guy who 4A Crosby no longer wanted to coach 5A West Brook and he took a perfectly good football program that had made the playoffs seven years in a row and turned it into a doormat.
Saveat has hired is nephew as Ozen basketball coach and Robert Lee as Central basketball coach both of which squander talented teams year in and year out by their inability to coach. He hired John Clayton at Ozen and Jackson at Central. He allowed Stump and Stowers to get away all though those were probably beyond his control.
Letting Washington go was the right move but they also should have done the same with the man who gave him an extra year.
[/quote]hit it right on the money

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The right color? Really.  Coaches of different races, with different skin tones have been successful and horrible.  Get the right coach for these boys and this community.  Don't hire someone cause he's in the I been here X # of years and need to be rewarded.  Hire someone qualified, that will change these young men's lives for the better. 

[quote name="mfd814" post="1362535" timestamp="1357909256"]
The right color? Really.  Coaches of different races, with different skin tones have been successful and horrible.  Get the right coach for these boys and this community.  Don't hire someone cause he's in the I been here X # of years and need to be rewarded.  Hire someone qualified, that will change these young men's lives for the better.
[/quote] PREACH!

[quote name="badndn" post="1362531" timestamp="1357903726"]
So what has Derrick Scott been doing the last 15 or so years?
Under my breath - Please say selling used cars, please say selling used cars, please say selling used cars. :)
[/quote]
He's been an assistant strength and conditioning coach at UT. He also is responsible for putting on the Clutch Time Football Camp for the last few years. I don't have any other information.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1362544" timestamp="1357914153"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=108088.msg1362531#msg1362531 date=1357903726]
So what has Derrick Scott been doing the last 15 or so years?
Under my breath - Please say selling used cars, please say selling used cars, please say selling used cars. :)
[/quote]
He's been an assistant strength and conditioning coach at UT. He also is responsible for putting on the Clutch Time Football Camp for the last few years. I don't have any other information.
[/quote]

Are these qualifications for becoming a head coach?  Also, not certified.

I recommend going out of the area for a coach...The only coach around SETX I could see is Coach Arthur Louis, Where ever he goes the teams win and that's at Ozen in which they we're one of the best and made playoffs every year...Then when he was at West Brook they fielded IMO some really good teams (Micheals, Coleman, Reed, Williams) all those guys..I feel He would do really well with the Talent Central has, as long as they give him full control over the program (unlike what they did with Stowers)

No idea if he is interested, but what about Coach Frank Middleton?  He's played well at every level of football, he has the ability to communicate with today's athletes and establish a rapport, he has played and coached the OL, which is a football team's foundation, and he is a role model and local product of BISD.  Is he ready for a chance as a HC?  I know he is young (maybe late 30s or early 40s), but maybe it's his time.  Might be a good find...a diamond in the rough that is ready to shine.  Everywhere he has coached has had some success.  I'd think with his playing and coaching connections, he would have a shot at putting together a good staff.  Or, will his ties to WB keep him from consideration at Central?

Frank is not a certified Texas teacher and leave Louis where he is, he is the reason BISD has the wait one year rule when a kid change schools because the recruiting he did and everyone knows Stump ran his own program. CENTRAL needs a coach that can start, build and run a football program then everything will take care of itself, 7/9 offense and defense returning players put a coach in there not a good old boy, 20-4a CENTRAL is now and tomorrow in football.UNDERSTAND

[quote name="dbcoach23" post="1363228" timestamp="1358116056"]
It sounds ilke central is loaded for the next couple of years.  [b]What kind of lineman will they have coming back?[/b]
[/quote] Ding Ding Ding! Thats the REAL question mark, they couldnt block a pee-wee league team last year, IMO that was due to coaching. Hopefully they use a different technique, for their sake anyways.

all 5 linemens back the oc was the line coach that tells you something , that oc change offense each week and had Robert Mitchell for 4 yrs his wideouts were the top 3 in 20-4a in yards, two tightends back and a 3 year fullback Chris Allen if the next oc is as slow as the last one then they will have the same problems, he did not pass to or use his tightend and fullback in the offense maybe at his next football job he will learn ,that oc had no idea about football . I could take some of you guys off this board and you would have done a better job

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83