Coaching Styles

lobos

What should a coach care about most: winning, teaching, or giving everyone a chance to play? Most of you respect coaches who put winning in perspective and teach players it's just one part of the game. Naturally, you want to win — but you also want the enjoyment of playing well, learning, and working as a team. A good coach isn't obsessed with winning but will motivate you and your team to want to win. But a few are driven to win above all else. The best lesson I learned from a coach is that if you put everything into whatever you do without give up you are winners regardless what the score said. I feel Coach Neece has brought this to Kirbyville! He is a man of compassion and will do whatever it takes to structure our young men into true leaders on and off the field. I know this is little late to say this but welcome and happy that you are our AD. GO WILDCATS!  8)

[quote name="lobos" post="1354701" timestamp="1355453778"]
What should a coach care about most: winning, teaching, or giving everyone a chance to play? Most of you respect coaches who put winning in perspective and teach players it's just one part of the game. Naturally, you want to win — but you also want the enjoyment of playing well, learning, and working as a team. A good coach isn't obsessed with winning but will motivate you and your team to want to win. But a few are driven to win above all else. The best lesson I learned from a coach is that if you put everything into whatever you do without give up you are winners regardless what the score said. I feel Coach Neece has brought this to Kirbyville! He is a man of compassion and will do whatever it takes to structure our young into true leaders on and off the field. I know this is little late to say this but welcome and happy that you are our AD. GO WILDCATS!  8)
[/quote] good post +1

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1354725" timestamp="1355455227"]
[quote author=lobos link=topic=107457.msg1354701#msg1354701 date=1355453778]
What should a coach care about most: winning, teaching, or giving everyone a chance to play? Most of you respect coaches who put winning in perspective and teach players it's just one part of the game. Naturally, you want to win — but you also want the enjoyment of playing well, learning, and working as a team. A good coach isn't obsessed with winning but will motivate you and your team to want to win. But a few are driven to win above all else. The best lesson I learned from a coach is that if you put everything into whatever you do without give up you are winners regardless what the score said. I feel Coach Neece has brought this to Kirbyville! He is a man of compassion and will do whatever it takes to structure our young into true leaders on and off the field. I know this is little late to say this but welcome and happy that you are our AD. GO WILDCATS!  8)
[/quote] good post +1
[/quote] Thanks! He is a great guy!

[quote name="lobos" post="1354701" timestamp="1355453778"]
What should a coach care about most: winning, teaching, or giving everyone a chance to play? Most of you respect coaches who put winning in perspective and teach players it's just one part of the game. Naturally, you want to win — but you also want the enjoyment of playing well, learning, and working as a team. A good coach isn't obsessed with winning but will motivate you and your team to want to win. But a few are driven to win above all else. The best lesson I learned from a coach is that if you put everything into whatever you do without give up you are winners regardless what the score said. I feel Coach Neece has brought this to Kirbyville! He is a man of compassion and will do whatever it takes to structure our young men into true leaders on and off the field. I know this is little late to say this but welcome and happy that you are our AD. GO WILDCATS!  8)

There is a lot to be said about a coach that is truly caring of his/her players.  A lot of these kids probably don't have very good figures at home to look up to, and a coach is often the person that fills that void.  I believe most coaches truly want what's best for the long term affect on the players they coach.

It's good that you have that at Kirbyville. 

Having said that.  If Kirbyville continues to not make the playoffs, yall will run him off.  Just like every other coach that doesn't win.  Unfortunately, a coach keeping a job has nothing to do with how much they care about their players. 
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn