coach of the year

pirate89

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1327106" timestamp="1352609298"]
I would go with Josh Finney from HD.Took a team that was predicted to finish at the bottom, Now they are District Champs.jmo
[/quote]nah, HD has tradition from the 40s 50s 60s and BC 1300, they suppose to win district and make the playoffs.  ;)

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1327106" timestamp="1352609298"]
I would go with Josh Finney from HD.Took a team that was predicted to finish at the bottom, Now they are District Champs.jmo
[/quote]

Coach Babin had the same results in Deweyville this year. We were predicted to be 2nd to last or last in district, depending on which preseason ranking you were looking at, and look at us now. District Champs!

Guest incognito123
Josh Finney from HD has done the most in this area to turn a program around.  HD was headed for the trash heap, regardless of what Bobcat55 says.  They were headed for oblivion.  Deweyville has exceptional talent (I've seen them first hand), and Babin has done a great job, but I still say Finney.

I agree Babin has done great. But its hard to say. Is a coach of the year one who can win with a talented group or one who can win with an avg group. I think most any coach can win when you have exceptional talent on your team but one who can win with avg talent and truly out coach their opponents and coach up their players is a coach of the year. JMO Who would fit in this category? Me I dont know.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BringThePain" post="1327316" timestamp="1352645273"]
Josh Finney from HD has done the most in this area to turn a program around.  HD was headed for the trash heap, regardless of what Bobcat55 says.  They were headed for oblivion.  Deweyville has exceptional talent (I've seen them first hand), and Babin has done a great job, but I still say Finney.
[/quote]

I agree.

Coach Neumann

He is building a legacy of Football in Nederland.  Back to back district championships, which in 20 4 A is difficult, really most districts, too.  District undefeated two years and running.

Neumann turned around everything in Nederland Football program and made playoffs a reality and reoccuring event in Nederland.

Neumann builds Defenses and Offenses with his talent pool very effectively.

Much respect for what he has done in Nederland.

There's alot of good coaches out there....but just sayin......what about Jeff Mathews at Vidor? Last year,everyone said it was a fluke because the kids played with such heart through tragedy.This year,they've done it again.With just as much heart!! Their only loss was to Nederland and that was with an interception in the endzone with seconds left.Talking about turning around a program.....not just for a season,its a mindset.He has taught these kids to expect to win and settle for nothing.This is a life lesson not a fairy tale couple of seasons.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder