NEDERLAND AT LITTLE CYPRESS-MAURICEVILLE BROADCAST/Nederland wins 35-21!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pryor and Couron played excellent games tonight. Those guys are incredible. Was very disappointed again with the play-calling offensively. Very very dry and predictable. Maybe Barrow is saving the juicy stuff, because those kinds of plays tonight will get you beat really quick in 4A Div I playoffs. I will say this though, Nederland's defense will keep them in every game. Angleton is a perfect example along with tonight. Need to get the ball in Shaw, Taylor, and Kimler's hands more often. Save some gas in Hopkins's tank for the 4th quarter instead of burning him out too soon. We have a ton of playmakers out there, just need to use them. STRETCH THE FIELD EARLY... And p.s. the bubble screens work 1 out of every 5 times! call some more screens up the field instead of sidelines.. it takes WAYYYY too long to develop..

[i]Edited name[/i]

Hey mytwocents hate to say but told you so. Nederlands Defense one the game for us tonight not the Dline. Don't get me wrong the D-line is special but they are a team. Hats off to LC-M they are a good team with alot of heart. DOGS just got to come out of the blocks and not slow down. Offense calling has got to step it up. Tempo and calling them them DOGS loose and make a statement. Big hit goes out to Brock Pryor on the qb . Curon with the batted balls helped  a bunch. DeShawn and Curon got mugged all night. Brocks jersey was even ripped tonight on the left side . Good game by both teams.

Its the little things that I think are holding us back from having a real dominant game.  Penalties, especially at the when the end up killing and offensive drive,  the allowing 1 long run every game like we just have to get it out of our system or something.  The dropping of passes (or ints)  that should be caught when they hit the person in the hands.  I think this is the stuff that needs to be fixed before the playoffs.  Oh, also ([b] Stop throwing the bubble screens![/b]!)

Totally disagree on the bubble screens, these are the highest percentage opportunities to get the ball into Shaw's hands in space,we just have to block better.  He is electric, one of the most electric players in the area.  That TD run on the reveerse was sick.  Just my opinion.  Plus, the bubble screens are always setting up something over the top.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1299093" timestamp="1350105878"]
Its the little things that I think are holding us back from having a real dominant game.  Penalties, especially at the when the end up killing and offensive drive,  the allowing 1 long run every game like we just have to get it out of our system or something.  The dropping of passes (or ints)  that should be caught when they hit the person in the hands.  I think this is the stuff that needs to be fixed before the playoffs.  Oh, also ([b] Stop throwing the bubble screens![/b]!)
[/quote]
Yep!! One defender is going to usually be free.. It's such an easy play to sniff out too and it takes forever to develop. I'd like more regular HB screens..

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1299097" timestamp="1350106222"]
Totally disagree on the bubble screens, these are the highest percentage opportunities to get the ball into Shaw's hands in space,we just have to block better.  He is electric, one of the most electric players in the area.  That TD run on the reveerse was sick.  Just my opinion.  Plus, the bubble screens are always setting up something over the top.
[/quote]
Ummmmm.... Riiiiighhht... If the defense is in man, that play is going nowhere. Even in zone, it takes so long to develop that youre going to have defenders all over it almost everytime. I support your right to an opinion, but how many times have you seen this play actually work, compared to how many times it's failed.. We just can't execute it well enough. Maybe we should try an inside bubble screen?

Just because it's frustrating when it doesn't work a time or two, doesn't mean the reality is that it's not effective.  From my seat, 80-90 percent of the time it does exactly what it's intended to do, gain 4-5 yards with a chance to gain a lot more.  There were a couple of times we didn't block well and gained minimal yardage or lost yardage, but I'm not a throw the baby out with the bath water kind of guy.  The bubble screen is a long handoff to get the ball in our playmakers hands in space, and I've seen it be very effective so far this year.  That's just my opinion. 

I'm not a big fan of the bubble screen either, I think we could use some good old fashion play action passes to the TE, these are great for gaining 1st downs, some 3 step slants to Kimler, these also have big play potential, we normally have just enough offense to pull out a win, but lack consistancy.

1      2      3      4      Total
Nederland    14      0      7    14      35
LC-M            0      7      7      7        21

Scoring summary
NED -- Carson Raines 3-yard run (Tanner Noel kick), 8:28, 1st.
NED -- Kendrick Hopkins 3-yard run (Tanner Noel kick), 3:49, 1st.
LCM -- Alex Sezer 4-yard run (Trent Manuel kick), 11:53, 2nd.
NED -- Michael Shaw 50-yard run (Tanner Noel kick), ;03, 3rd.
LCM -- Alex Sezer 57-yard run (Trent Manuel kick), 6:57, 3rd.
LCM -- Shea Richards 27-yard pass from Caleb Harley, :11, 4th.
NED -- Korbin Stampley 38-yard interception return (Tanner Noel kick), 4:16, 4th.
NED -- Carson Raines 3-yard run (Tanner Noel kick), 3:29, 4th.

Team Stats

Nederland                LC-M
Total yards                296                      291
First downs                  5                        3
Rushes/Yds              33/209                  32/182
Average rush            6.33                      5.69
Comp/Atts              9/18/1                    8/26/3
Pass yards                  87                        109
Comp pct                  50                        30.77
Fumbles/Lost            0/0                          0/0

Sezer  28-178-2 td's
Hopkins  24-130- 1 td

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1299120" timestamp="1350107638"]

Scoring summary
NED -- Korbin Stampley 38-yard interception return (Tanner Noel kick), 4:16, 4th.

Team Stats

Sezer  28-178-2 td's
Hopkins  24-130- 1 td
[/quote]
Are those 1st down #'s correct?

[quote name="football04" post="1299122" timestamp="1350107825"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=104561.msg1299120#msg1299120 date=1350107638]

Scoring summary

Team Stats

Sezer  28-178-2 td's
Hopkins  24-130- 1 td
[/quote]
Are those 1st down #'s correct?
[/quote]

No, not really even close.  Most of the yardage numbers are usually pretty good though.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1299019" timestamp="1350102759"]
3-0, next up MCM, let it begin  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Not much to "begin".  This game usually has SOME sort of hype to it,  but not this yr.  It's just a matter of how big Ned wants it to be.  Of course,  if Mosses can part the Red Sea....  :)
We still have a TON of work to do on the defense (obviously)  while Ned seems to be clicking on all cylinders.
Could get real ugly,  real quick.

It is what it is.  :/

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1299151" timestamp="1350109474"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=104561.msg1299019#msg1299019 date=1350102759]
[/quote]

Not much to "begin".  This game usually has SOME sort of hype to it,  but not this yr.  It's just a matter of how big Ned wants it to be.  Of course,  if Mosses can part the Red Sea....  :)
We still have a TON of work to do on the defense (obviously)  while Ned seems to be clicking on all cylinders.

[/quote]

It won't be ugly.  Nederland doesn't have the offense to embarrass anyone.  Their whole goal is to not turn it over and play defense.   

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1299153" timestamp="1350109679"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=104561.msg1299151#msg1299151 date=1350109474]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=104561.msg1299019#msg1299019 date=1350102759]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It won't be ugly.  Nederland doesn't have the offense to embarrass anyone.  Their whole goal is to not turn it over and play defense. 
[/quote]

Please re-read the passage.  "Mosess" didn't part the Red Sea but your sentiment is appreciated. ;D

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1299153" timestamp="1350109679"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=104561.msg1299151#msg1299151 date=1350109474]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It won't be ugly.  Nederland doesn't have the offense to embarrass anyone.  [b]Their whole goal is to not turn it over and play defense. [/b] 
[/quote]

Hey there is an idea, win with running (controlling) the ball and good defense.  Exactly like the Texans and 49'ers are winning in the NFL. Sounds like most armchair QB's on here want to shoot it out like PNG-Central did.  Control it and give your D some rest. JMO

The strength of this team is the defense...the most effective strategy is to play ball control and field position (like we do) and let your D do their thing...bottom line for all of the second guessers is that this team continues to WIN, to the tune of 14 district games in a row

Ran 3 bubble screens to Shaw last night and 2 ended up 1st downs..one quick hitch to kimler that ended up 1st down...maybe you should watch and enjoy instead of try and coach from the stands and show your ignorance....just a thought...and i know this because i keep shaws stats

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder