NEDERLAND AT LITTLE CYPRESS-MAURICEVILLE BROADCAST/Nederland wins 35-21!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubble screens work well enough but have to be blocked very well. Plus, if the play is telegraphed and read, could be a pick six. Guess you could say if any play is read, but especially out there in no man's land.

We have very talented and quick players that benefit from the screens.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1299049" timestamp="1350103831"]
Pryor and Couron played excellent games tonight. Those guys are incredible. Was very disappointed again with the play-calling offensively. Very very dry and predictable. Maybe Barrow is saving the juicy stuff, because those kinds of plays tonight will get you beat really quick in 4A Div I playoffs. I will say this though, Nederland's defense will keep them in every game. Angleton is a perfect example along with tonight. Need to get the ball in Shaw, Taylor, and Kimler's hands more often. Save some gas in Hopkins's tank for the 4th quarter instead of burning him out too soon. We have a ton of playmakers out there, just need to use them. STRETCH THE FIELD EARLY... And p.s. the bubble screens work 1 out of every 5 times! call some more screens up the field instead of sidelines.. it takes WAYYYY too long to develop..

[i]Edited name[/i]
[/quote]

GoDogs.....offensively, you have to have a mix of plays.  This helps "set up" those other plays that do work effectively,  you know, like run up the middle to run outside.  And those "set up" plays maybe minimal gainers and that's okay.

Bubble screens are a part of the present game, like them or not, big gain or not :o

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1299151" timestamp="1350109474"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=104561.msg1299019#msg1299019 date=1350102759]
3-0, next up MCM, let it begin  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Not much to "begin".  This game usually has SOME sort of hype to it,  but not this yr.  It's just a matter of how big Ned wants it to be.  Of course,  if Mosses can part the Red Sea....  :)
We still have a TON of work to do on the defense (obviously)  while Ned seems to be clicking on all cylinders.
Could get real ugly,  real quick.

It is what it is.  :/
[/quote]

I just want to hear "Cherokee" at least one at the Reservation,  I wait all year to hear live and in person ;D ;D ;D ;D

MCM.....it's not a tradition, it's a way of life ;)

Jack- it was a strange game. Nederland dominated the first quarter. Jumped out to a 14/0 lead very quick. The Dogs threw an INT late in 1q that gave the Bears a short field. The Dogs got conservative for the rest of the half and most of 3q and the Bears defense stepped up. Sezar broke a big run to tie it at 14/14. Ned took lead at end of 3rd 21/14. Then had a pick 6 to go up 28/14. Then intercepted again and scored a few plays later for a 35/14 lead. LCM scored their final touchdown with 11 seconds left.. The Dogs looked awesome in the first and fourth quarters, but lethargic in the 2nd and 3rd. The INT at end of 1q really turned the game around for the Bears. It was looking like it might be a rout before that play, but the Bears took the momentum and rolled with it for the next two quarters. It was a pretty good ball game with several momentum changes throughout. Both Hopkins and Sezer were very impressive. LCM has a classy team and some good athletes. I like how they do things over there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder