NEDERLAND vs LC-M Predictions

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not saw Nederland D-line  yet. But I have seen the Lcm O-line, and they will not be dominated at the line of scrimmage. LCM has some size , especially on the right side where Sezar Runs all day and night long. There is a sophomore that  6'4/290. #77. Marvis Brown.    ..There is a Article on him @scoophd and Oklahoma sooners and Tide.com.  .I will try to post a link. So Nederland be prepared for a battle !  good luck.. I'm not picking a winner because, I think this will be a game to remember.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1297404" timestamp="1350003454"]
OK,
Koby Couron 6'3" 230
Brock Pryor 6'2" 275
Caleb Malveaux 5'10" 300
De Shawn Washington 6'3" 275

And they are all very fast!
[/quote]I'm not doubting the ability of Ned.and I think this is going to be a great Game. I think I will skip the PNG game and go watch the show..

No one said Nederland  D-line was going to dominate LC-Ms OL. Nederlands defense works really well together and if the line does their job then the guys behind them make plays. I do believe that the Bears offense as a whole is one of the best in 20-4a. They execute well but they have to control the line and I do not think they can do it enough against the DOGS. We are big and athletic but we have to do our jobs right every play. This is the defense that slowed down to to a crawl the Livingston O and allowed Vidor  13 points when they we averaging 40 points. I really think the bigger question is can Nederland O score on LC-Ms D.

I think this is gonna be a really good game. Bears are tough at home, no doubt, and do have Cezar who is a home run hitter at RB. We did hold Livingston to 7 points last week and I believe they scored a bunch on LCM defense the week before. I think the defense will hold the Bears under 20 points. If the Dogs can score in the 20's then I think we should win. My guess is Nederland 27 LCM 17.

P.S.  Does LCM still have the entertaining announcer? I used to love listening to that guy. Touchdowwwwwwwwwwwwwn Bearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs! Hope we dont hear that a lot tomorrow night, but that guy is/was the best announcer in the district!

[quote name="phunter308" post="1297542" timestamp="1350012453"]
No one said Nederland  D-line was going to dominate LC-Ms OL. Nederlands defense works really well together and if the line does their job then the guys behind them make plays. I do believe that the Bears offense as a whole is one of the best in 20-4a. They execute well but they have to control the line and I do not think they can do it enough against the DOGS. We are big and athletic but we have to do our jobs right every play. This is the defense that slowed down to to a crawl the Livingston O and allowed Vidor  13 points when they we averaging 40 points. I really think the bigger question is can Nederland O score on LC-Ms D.
[/quote]
Those are very good points but I have to say this neither vidor nor Livingston has very big lineman that are being looked at by OU and Bama.

Well I guess if we are going to use who is being recruited as linemen as the possible winner ok. Yes the young man from LC-M is big and being recruited by great Div 1 schools and that is awesome and best wishes but he is one of 6 linemen. Nederlands front four are also being recruited by a variety of D1 schools .. DeShawn with A&M,Texas ,LSU and several others. Malveaux by Arizona and OState. Curon by Nebraska, LeHigh and others. Pryor by SEL, Northwestern, Henderson State, Southwestern and asked to walk on at Oklahoma State. No not all of these are Bama but all are going to play next level ball but all that means squat. It is about each one doing their job. Nederlands size does seem to wear down the o line of teams . This was also evident against Angleton who has several D1 .

[quote name="phunter308" post="1297587" timestamp="1350016848"]
Well I guess if we are going to use who is being recruited as linemen as the possible winner ok. Yes the young man from LC-M is big and being recruited by great Div 1 schools and that is awesome and best wishes but he is one of 6 linemen. Nederlands front four are also being recruited by a variety of D1 schools .. DeShawn with A&M,Texas ,LSU and several others. Malveaux by Arizona and OState. Curon by Nebraska, LeHigh and others. Pryor by SEL, Northwestern, Henderson State, Southwestern and asked to walk on at Oklahoma State. No not all of these are Bama but all are going to play next level ball but all that means squat. It is about each one doing their job. Nederlands size does seem to wear down the o line of teams . This was also evident against Angleton who has several D1 .
[/quote]
i pray all these young men stay healthy and move to the next level. nothing i like seeing more on saturdays than local boys playing.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1297587" timestamp="1350016848"]
[/quote]
Very good points. Kinda hard to argue with that. I was just trying to say that just like any other team lcm brings something to the table that's different. And you are right angleton did have several d1 lineman that y'all played against. Y'all also lost that game.

Yes we did. They are a good team and we made way to many mistakes. I do remember saying LC-M is one of the best offenses in 20-4a. Balanced and execute that is a deadly combo, plus they are at home. My statement is still the same Nederland Defense not D-Line will slow them down just like they did  Vidor and Livingston but the big difference is  the Bears can pass the ball better then the other 2. The DOGS have been prepped and if they execute the plan they will win.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1297521" timestamp="1350010866"]
I've seen both lines play and I will say this much, Ned is good but they will not dominate LCM OF line. LCM will be able to move the ball against them, so get ready for a good game Friday night.
[/quote]Nederland does not have to domniate in the trenches on D ,the big guys just have to do their job... and they will .....Then you have the guys at linebackers Stampond and woods who have not gotten near enough credit this year for what they do,,,Linebackers are the QBs of the D-FENCE the D-lines job is to protect and cause havic in the middle so the backers can come up and make the plays..JMO..After watching the P.N.G game against L.C.M I did not think the O-line for the Bears was any differnt than Vidors ...What Vidor don't have in size Heart takes over..The bears tailback got most of his yards on his own against P.N.G....21-7 Nederland...The dogs will give up that one big play ..

I have to agree that I was impress with the LCM team as well, they can be a dangerous team home or on the road. I don't think anyone can take them for granted, this team will make you pay if you do. It's good to see another team like LCM in the mix that can make everyone in this district realize that you can't count your chickens before they hatch. 

[quote name="Trocket" post="1293144" timestamp="1349561289"]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=104275.msg1293059#msg1293059 date=1349553327]
Well who do you got? Nederland almost got caught sleeping and I don't think that will happen again. Nederland will have some of the offensive line back which allows DeShawn to play just defense. Bears like to run with Sezar as he is a legit 4.4 guy.  I think DOGS defense will be to much and slow him down. Dogs offense gets line play straight and we see Hopkins run for another 200 yards. Dogs 35-14.
[/quote]I agree with everything you said, but LCM has a descent passing game and they are at home. Will be tough but Nederland will come ready to play from start to finish in this game.
Nederland 35
LCM 21
[/quote]Was I right on it or was I right on it! ;D

[quote name="Trocket" post="1298954" timestamp="1350100972"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=104275.msg1293144#msg1293144 date=1349561289]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=104275.msg1293059#msg1293059 date=1349553327]
Well who do you got? Nederland almost got caught sleeping and I don't think that will happen again. Nederland will have some of the offensive line back which allows DeShawn to play just defense. Bears like to run with Sezar as he is a legit 4.4 guy.  I think DOGS defense will be to much and slow him down. Dogs offense gets line play straight and we see Hopkins run for another 200 yards. Dogs 35-14.
[/quote]I agree with everything you said, but LCM has a descent passing game and they are at home. Will be tough but Nederland will come ready to play from start to finish in this game.
Nederland 35
LCM 21
[/quote]Was I right on it or was I right on it! ;D
[/quote]NICE CALL...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder