NEDERLAND vs LC-M Predictions

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Trocket" post="1299248" timestamp="1350133439"]
Was it a good game? I wanted to be at this game but I knew we would have a tough game with Ozen, which we did. I know Ned is good and they are still 20-4A champions until unseated which I dought this year it will happen. But that LCM team is no slough at all, is it?
[/quote]they are pretty good...but I think for some reason Monte is being a little conservative on the play calling..but I am sure their is a reason for it..No need to start second guessing these coaches because the dogs are still getting the job done ;)

[quote name="ATX31" post="1299275" timestamp="1350134738"]
The winner out of Ozen vs LCM i believe will get that last playoff spot
[/quote]i agree 100%! I really hope my bears can pull it out. It would be great for the program as well as the entire community to get the LCMback on the map.( Speaking in football terms of course)  ;)

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1299303" timestamp="1350136919"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=104275.msg1299248#msg1299248 date=1350133439]
Was it a good game? I wanted to be at this game but I knew we would have a tough game with Ozen, which we did. I know Ned is good and they are still 20-4A champions until unseated which I dought this year it will happen. But that LCM team is no slough at all, is it?
[/quote]they are pretty good...but I think for some reason Monte is being a little conservative on the play calling..but I am sure their is a reason for it..No need to start second guessing these coaches because the dogs are still getting the job done ;)
[/quote]

I'll gladly second guess ... Whatever that "reason" is, is exactly why we fall short year after year and we will probably never win a state championship. It's a shame because this team has the talent and skill. 

[quote name="Michael" post="1299392" timestamp="1350142834"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=104275.msg1299303#msg1299303 date=1350136919]
[/quote]

I'll gladly second guess ... Whatever that "reason" is, is exactly why we fall short year after year and we will probably never win a state championship. It's a shame because this team has the talent and skill.
[/quote]
::)
smh...

I've seen these comments for several years about holding back and saving offense for the future, and it never seems to come. Offense needs to get into a rhythem and be more consistant, we put some drives together but seem to do alot of sputtering. I know we need Washington on the line, but what a weapon at TE, this would be my go to guy on 3rd downs, fake the dive and hit him an stride right behind LB's and what safety is going want a piece of that more than once.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Offensively we have the talent, the only problem is that we have not had the same O-Line start for more than two weeks. Until we get healthy and get some consistency on the line we are not playing our best football. It all starts with the line, if you have a good one you can go places, if you don't then you struggle like we are right now. It is real hard to open up your offense or throw the deep routs when your QB is trying to out run the defense! Get the offense health and I think you will start seeing a different team. The one thing the coaches need to work on is getting the play in quicker. The players practice all week for the game but they must not work on getting the play called because we run the clock down to 5 seconds most of the time before we get set to run the play. And a few times we have had to call time-out because we couldn't get the play in.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1299415" timestamp="1350144226"]
[quote author=Michael link=topic=104275.msg1299392#msg1299392 date=1350142834]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Offensively we have the talent, the only problem is that we have not had the same O-Line start for more than two weeks. Until we get healthy and get some consistency on the line we are not playing our best football. It all starts with the line, if you have a good one you can go places, if you don't then you struggle like we are right now. It is real hard to open up your offense or throw the deep routs when your QB is trying to out run the defense! Get the offense health and I think you will start seeing a different team. The one thing the coaches need to work on is getting the play in quicker. The players practice all week for the game but they must not work on getting the play called because we run the clock down to 5 seconds most of the time before we get set to run the play. And a few times we have had to call time-out because we couldn't get the play in.
[/quote]
Alot of our plays seem to take time to develope, I'd like to see more quick hitting pass plays going north and south instead of sideways. The old TE dump, slants and seem rt's, get the ball to Barrow, Shaw and Kimler in the 5-7 yd range going up the field, this will take some pressure off the line. Our line has been plagued with injuries all year, I hope they hit thier stride come play off time and week 11 will be huge this year.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I disagree. Monte usually has some good, creative stuff come playoff time. I do hope there is a reason for being so conservative. It's glaringly obvious by everyone how bland our current scheme is. Nederland, as a whole, has the best coaching staff in the area. Just from past experience, I am sure Barrow wants to open it up more. And maybe it is the O-line issue. But come playoff time, we are going to need to do more than hand off to Hopkins and bubble screens out to the flat or we will be one and done..

[quote name="Razor" post="1296694" timestamp="1349920882"]
This group of LCM kids have always competed well with this group in Nederland...the games throughout the years have mostly been competitive...I still believe my Dogs win, but it may be closer than some think....Nederland 35, LCM 21
[/quote]

Blind squirrel found a nut here...I was pretty close...lol

[quote name="Razor" post="1299471" timestamp="1350147032"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=104275.msg1296694#msg1296694 date=1349920882]
This group of LCM kids have always competed well with this group in Nederland...the games throughout the years have mostly been competitive...I still believe my Dogs win, but it may be closer than some think....Nederland 35, LCM 21
[/quote]

Blind squirrel found a nut here...I was pretty close...lol
[/quote]Yea Two blind squirrels did, way to go Razor 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83