Is WOS the best team in SETX?

[quote name="orangecoog" post="1287565" timestamp="1349056787"]
Poor Vidor. It has been so long since they have done anything meaningful in football. Their posters on this site are delusional.
[/quote]
                                                Get a load  ^^^^^^^^^ of this guy
According to Webster: stu·pid·i·ty, The quality or condition of being stupid. According to Webster: per·son·i·fied, (in context) To be the embodiment or perfect example of.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="incognito" post="1287580" timestamp="1349057841"]
[quote author=orangecoog link=topic=103958.msg1287565#msg1287565 date=1349056787]
Poor Vidor. It has been so long since they have done anything meaningful in football. Their posters on this site are delusional.
[/quote]
                                                Get a load  ^^^^^^^^^ of this guy
According to Webster: stu·pid·i·ty, The quality or condition of being stupid. According to Webster: per·son·i·fied, (in context) To be the embodiment or perfect example of.
[/quote]
lmao!

This thread is a moot point. WOS is one of the best in the area along with a few more and we will never know who is unless they start having an areas best tourney which aint happening. So anyone can call whoever they want to the best. jmo

WOS is good no doubt, and they have a great defense but they would not (for sure) beat Nederland or Vidor, not saying they would definitely lose, those would be great games just like we saw friday,  and if they where in 20-4a they would be a playoff team like they usually where, that's about all you can say for sure, anything more is speculation and just one man's opinion, not fact.

[quote name="77" post="1287583" timestamp="1349058040"]
This thread is a moot point. WOS is one of the best in the area along with a few more and we will never know who is unless they start having an areas best tourney which aint happening. So anyone can call whoever they want to the best. jmo
[/quote]

Most sensible post yet.

[quote name="77" post="1287583" timestamp="1349058040"]
[/quote]

Very true.  An areas best tourney would be fun.  :)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1287462" timestamp="1349049249"]
man oh man

shaking my head at these rookies who actually put stock into a scrimmage....

::)
[/quote]

Such as yourself and a couple of others from Vidor (on previous posts).

The only sensible way to ask this question would be to amend it by saying, "Is WO-S (or PAM, Ned, etc.) the best team in SETX [i]without consideration of classification[/i]?"  It would be like saying a certain boxer is the best "pound for pound" fighter. 

[quote name="griff" post="1287607" timestamp="1349059739"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=103958.msg1287462#msg1287462 date=1349049249]
man oh man

[/quote]

The only sensible way to ask this question would be to amend it by saying, "Is WO-S (or PAM, Ned, etc.) the best team in SETX [i]without consideration of classification[/i]?"  It would be like saying a certain boxer is the best "pound for pound" fighter.
[/quote]

I agree, griff.

and in that case, I would say West Sabine is the best team, pound for pound. ;)

[quote name="griff" post="1287607" timestamp="1349059739"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=103958.msg1287462#msg1287462 date=1349049249]
man oh man

[/quote]

[b]The only sensible way to ask this question would be to amend it by saying, "Is WO-S (or PAM, Ned, etc.) the best team in SETX [i]without consideration of classification[/i]?"  It would be like saying a certain boxer is the best "pound for pound" fighter.[/b]
[/quote]
This right here says it all. Good point. There is no way to find out so why post a thread about it. But then we wouldn't have anything to talk about on here.

I understand the question and to answer it is pointless.  You're asking as if these teams will ever meet and decide that answer on the field.  I can't say that PAM is better than WOS or that WOS is better than WB.  Comparing WOS to PAM is like comparing Deweyville to Chester.  PAM is at least twice the size of WOS and those 5A teams all have way more kids to put on the field to keep the players fresh, most of the kids at WOS play both sides of the ball.  Would PAM, WB or Ozen beat WOS.....probably and I wouldn't expect anything less, because of the number of kids to pick from at those big schools and WOS is barely a 3A school.  JMO, I expect a 5A school to beat a 3A school.  Last time I counted WOS had 31 kids on the field, if you take 31 kids from PAM or WB's and put them on the field with WOS......then we might find out that answer.

Now, if you want to talk classification wise, WOS is likely the best 3A team in the [s]Golden Triangle[/s] SETx area.  I think WOS will beat Silsbee.  Silsbee was beat by PNG and barely got past LCM and has yet to faced a team with a defense like WOS and they will not put up the numbers like they did on OF.

[quote name="Wonderboy" post="1287648" timestamp="1349065027"]
I understand the question and to answer it is pointless.  You're asking as if these teams will ever meet and decide that answer on the field.  I can't say that PAM is better than WOS or that WOS is better than WB.  Comparing WOS to PAM is like comparing Deweyville to Chester.  [b]PAM is at least twice the size of WOS [/b] and those 5A teams all have way more kids to put on the field to keep the players fresh, most of the kids at WOS play both sides of the ball.  Would PAM, WB or Ozen beat WOS.....probably and I wouldn't expect anything less, because of the number of kids to pick from at those big schools and [b]WOS is barely a 3A school.  [/b] JMO, I expect a 5A school to beat a 3A school.  Last time I counted WOS had 31 kids on the field, if you take 31 kids from PAM or WB's and put them on the field with WOS......then we might find out that answer.

Now, if you want to talk classification wise, WOS is likely the best 3A team in the [s]Golden Triangle[/s] SETx area.  I think WOS will beat Silsbee.  Silsbee was beat by PNG and barely got past LCM and has yet to faced a team with a defense like WOS and they will not put up the numbers like they did on OF.
[/quote]
PAM has 4x more kids than WO-S, and WO-S is not barely a 3A school thier about in the middle of 3A numbers.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1287551" timestamp="1349056110"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=103958.msg1287550#msg1287550 date=1349056028]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=103958.msg1287549#msg1287549 date=1349055989]
Come on bamakid, you don't believe that do you?  ;)
[/quote]

Believe it? I know it.
[/quote]
How do you know it? What teams have ned and vidor have in common with WOS?
[/quote]
I wouldn't even take his bait twocents. He just has to down other teams in his district because his little injun boys nearly got smoked by the L-Train. That might be the only win for PNG in district. Get ready for more PNG haters. A lot of them act friendly when they are doing well, but when the wheels fall off, all of the sudden everyone else (Ned, Vidor, Ozen) isn't really that good.. Now get ready for the denials to flood in. It's very similar to how they are the most tradition-rich program with the best fans who always pack the stadium and never leave early... Well we've seen how that's gone this year...  ::)

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1287697" timestamp="1349093125"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=103958.msg1287688#msg1287688 date=1349092230]
Summer Creek is the best team in SETX area.
[/quote]

I agree :)
[/quote]
I haven't seen them play, but their numbers do look impressive!

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1287673" timestamp="1349089271"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=103958.msg1287551#msg1287551 date=1349056110]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=103958.msg1287550#msg1287550 date=1349056028]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=103958.msg1287549#msg1287549 date=1349055989]
[/quote]

Believe it? I know it.
[/quote]
[/quote]
I wouldn't even take his bait twocents. He just has to down other teams in his district because his little injun boys nearly got smoked by the L-Train. That might be the only win for PNG in district. Get ready for more PNG haters. A lot of them act friendly when they are doing well, but when the wheels fall off, all of the sudden everyone else (Ned, Vidor, Ozen) isn't really that good.. Now get ready for the denials to flood in. It's very similar to how they are the most tradition-rich program with the best fans who always pack the stadium and never leave early... Well we've seen how that's gone this year...  ::)
[/quote]
I got you godogs.  8)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1287419" timestamp="1349045744"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103958.msg1287413#msg1287413 date=1349045442]
What sux is most likely dayton sc vidor ned will meet in the first round. Which means 2 of the top 20 teams in the state will be home after week one. Oh yeah and wos is the best 3a team lets leave it at that. No doubt they could play with anyone though.
[/quote]
Yeah i know that what sucks lol. But don't worry Vidor and Ned will do well in representing SETX in rounds 2, 3, 4 and so on and so forth.  ;)
[/quote]
8)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Wonderboy" post="1287648" timestamp="1349065027"]
I understand the question and to answer it is pointless.  You're asking as if these teams will ever meet and decide that answer on the field.  I can't say that PAM is better than WOS or that WOS is better than WB.  Comparing WOS to PAM is like comparing Deweyville to Chester.  PAM is at least twice the size of WOS and those 5A teams all have way more kids to put on the field to keep the players fresh, most of the kids at WOS play both sides of the ball.  Would PAM, WB or Ozen beat WOS.....probably and I wouldn't expect anything less, because of the number of kids to pick from at those big schools and WOS is barely a 3A school.  JMO, I expect a 5A school to beat a 3A school.  Last time I counted WOS had 31 kids on the field, if you take 31 kids from PAM or WB's and put them on the field with WOS......then we might find out that answer.

[/quote]

Well, you certainly are a wonderBOY.  Great assessment all the way around.  I particularly like your Silsbee assessment - but don't know why you felt a need.  But keep up your good work.  Use that genius mentality to keep telling people that Silsbee won't/can't score on
WO-S as they did on Orangefield.  (You must think most readers here are stupid.)  So let's recap:  on an open ended question about WO-S you managed to mention seven other local schools; some not so flatteringly.  Yep, your are a definite wonderBOY. 8)

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1287673" timestamp="1349089271"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=103958.msg1287551#msg1287551 date=1349056110]
[/quote]

Believe it? I know it.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ah, yes. I'm a PN-G fan, so my opinion can't be valid, and the all-knowing GoDogs27 sees right through my thinly veiled evil plan to make all of the district look bad because of early perceptions of this year's PN-G team. ::)

I believe in WOS skill players and there secondary may be on per with anytime in the SETX area but there line play is what they don't have right now. I think we have seen this script before from WOS as they get deeper in the playoff and playing teams with better and bigger OL and DL. That being said there secondary is the best in the area even ahead of the PAM.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83