dog71

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1281006" timestamp="1348516704"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=103624.msg1280887#msg1280887 date=1348512303]
I know for a fact that VISD sent an abundance of tickets to NISD.  This is an issue you need to take up with your own school district and not try to drag another school district thru the mud based on your personal assumptions.
[/quote]
Nobody is dragging anybody through the mud. Facts are facts. For whatever reason, Vidor won't send anymore. The standard procedure seems to be for the home school to send more tickets if the away school is low the week of but Vidor wont. This is coming from a reliable source at NISD. Someone who handles these tickets. Just wondering... Is this Vidor's homecoming?
[/quote]

Vidor only sends a certain amount to each school district, they do not "take away" tickets, each district gets the same amount.  No, it's not, our homecoming is against PNG.  Once the district is out, that's it, the rest are sold at the visitor gates.

This was the post I was referring to regarding dragging through the mud.........By Coach Pops.....This comes down to being a totally classless act with the intent to disrespect an entire community for the sake of pissing people off. It is childish and irresponsible behavior and a terrible example of bad sportsmanship. Kudos to the p---k that hatched this crap. This is a heck of an example to set for your community and students. If Nederland did something this sorry to an opponent I would be at the admin. building getting a king sized piece of someones butt. This foolish act has totally overpowered all the positive steps the Vidor community has made in the minds of fair people. The backlash will be tremendous and deserved.

I still don't get why Vidor would only send a set amount. And even if they don't send them up front, when Nederland says they are out why not send more? They said they would be for sale at the [b]visitors gate[/b] so why not presale and not have to worry about folks having to man the booths to sell tickets at the game. That is why I said that, on the surface, it appears it is a way of allowing more Vidor fans in.....if not, why not send all the tickets to Nederland and let them sell them all.....sounds like they would

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1281013" timestamp="1348517323"]
I still don't get why Vidor would only send a set amount. And even if they don't send them up front, when Nederland says they are out why not send more? They said they would be for sale at the [b]visitors gate[/b] so why not presale and not have to worry about folks having to man the booths to sell tickets at the game. That is why I said that, on the surface, it appears it is a way of allowing more Vidor fans in.....if not, why not send all the tickets to Nederland and let them sell them all.....sounds like they would
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying, each year they send each district the same amount.  However, if Vidor sent all of the tickets to Nederland to sell and fans started showing up at the gate that didn't purchase tickets ahead of time they would end up being turned away.  No matter what, somebody will be mad.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1281013" timestamp="1348517323"]
[b]I still don't get why Vidor would only send a set amount.[/b] And even if they don't send them up front, when Nederland says they are out why not send more? They said they would be for sale at the [b]visitors gate[/b] so why not presale and not have to worry about folks having to man the booths to sell tickets at the game. That is why I said that, on the surface, it appears it is a way of allowing more Vidor fans in.....if not, why not send all the tickets to Nederland and let them sell them all.....sounds like they would
[/quote]

Because there is only a certain number of seats in the stadium.  The band/drill team gets their seats, then the season ticket holders, and if they have any left the general public can buy them.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1281006" timestamp="1348516704"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=103624.msg1280887#msg1280887 date=1348512303]
I know for a fact that VISD sent an abundance of tickets to NISD.  This is an issue you need to take up with your own school district and not try to drag another school district thru the mud based on your personal assumptions.
[/quote]
Nobody is dragging anybody through the mud. Facts are facts. For whatever reason, Vidor won't send anymore. The standard procedure seems to be for the home school to send more tickets if the away school is low the week of but Vidor wont. This is coming from a reliable source at NISD. Someone who handles these tickets. Just wondering... Is this Vidor's homecoming?
[/quote]

No we play Vidor for their homecoming and they only sent PNG 500 and they were gone the first day of season ticket sales.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1281031" timestamp="1348518523"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=103624.msg1281013#msg1281013 date=1348517323]
[b]I still don't get why Vidor would only send a set amount.[/b] And even if they don't send them up front, when Nederland says they are out why not send more? They said they would be for sale at the [b]visitors gate[/b] so why not presale and not have to worry about folks having to man the booths to sell tickets at the game. That is why I said that, on the surface, it appears it is a way of allowing more Vidor fans in.....if not, why not send all the tickets to Nederland and let them sell them all.....sounds like they would
[/quote]

Because there is only a certain number of seats in the stadium.  The band/drill team gets their seats, then the season ticket holders, and if they have any left the general public can buy them.
[/quote] know that Mack....all I am saying is.....for the last few weeks they have known there are XX amount of available tickets on the visitor side (whatever that number is....50, 500, 1000). Why not send them to Nederland to sell. They are for visitor side seating

Ticket sales have been the same as far as I know since Noah got off the ark. Not much has changed. Season Ticket Holders get first pick, then students, then the general public. If you are on the bottom of the list then you may not get one. IF you think Vidor is bad, try LCM and Livingston.

Its gonna be funny when Vidor's side is full and they fill up half or more of the other side.  I hate to say it but i dont see any problem with Vidor not sending more tickets long as they originally sent enough tickets to provide the season ticket holders, they know its a big game and they want something called *homefield advantage*.

The only away game tickets we have EVER purchased was for PNG. We have never had this problem. Say what you will but I do not think running out of tickets will be an issue because if they do we can bring chairs and sit around the fence, Nederland will support their boys! Go Dogs! Heck I will bring a pit!

[quote name="godawggo" post="1281059" timestamp="1348520529"]
The only away game tickets we have EVER purchased was for PNG. We have never had this problem. Say what you will but I do not think running out of tickets will be an issue because if they do we can bring chairs and sit around the fence, Nederland will support their boys! Go Dogs! [b]Heck I will bring a pit![/b]
[/quote] I hope thats a bbq pit and not a pit-bulldog.  :D  ;)

quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103624.msg1281061#msg1281061 date=1348520743]
[quote name="godawggo" post="1281059" timestamp="1348520529"]
The only away game tickets we have EVER purchased was for PNG. We have never had this problem. Say what you will but I do not think running out of tickets will be an issue because if they do we can bring chairs and sit around the fence, Nederland will support their boys! Go Dogs! [b]Heck I will bring a pit![/b]
[/quote]
Ok, I will bring one of each, nevermind, our pit-bulldogs will be on the field taking care of business!

[quote name="godawggo" post="1281077" timestamp="1348521463"]
quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103624.msg1281061#msg1281061 date=1348520743]
[quote author=godawggo link=topic=103624.msg1281059#msg1281059 date=1348520529]
[/quote]
Ok, I will bring one of each, nevermind, our pit-bulldogs will be on the field taking care of business!
[/quote]I hope so, i have dinner riding on this game. Go Dogs!

[quote name="robanadana" post="1281088" timestamp="1348522269"]
If it were up to me, you wouldn't have gotten any tickets...tired of the barking, cow bells and propane jugs with beebees in them. BTW, I still have those portable deer stands up; $300 a chair now.
[/quote]

dang  :D

if the game was at Nederland i would want as many Vidor fan as could fit in the stadium, makes for a better game. If Vidor is holding out on tickets i hope it dont bite them in the butt. Alot of elderly people that usually go wont go and stand in line hince not as much money for Vidor. :(  Hope they send more tickets to Nederland

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1281032" timestamp="1348518625"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=103624.msg1281006#msg1281006 date=1348516704]
[/quote]
[/quote]

No we play Vidor for their homecoming and they only sent PNG 500 and they were gone the first day of season ticket sales.

[/quote]

Exactly...apparently there is something fishy going on because like I said, we were originally told Vidor only sent 500 and did not have any plans to send more...not even the week of the game!  Some on here have asked...why would they do that?  Well, I can't say what the reason would be for the Vidor vs Nederland game, but we are playing them for their Homecoming and it is a BIG deal in Vidor, so it appeared as if they were trying to hold back tickets for their fans!  A complaint was made and now we're being told they will send more tickets to be sold the week of the game but no info was given as to how many they will send!  I don't want to believe that they would purposely with hold tickets but something similar to this happened 2 years ago when we played in Vidor for their Homecoming.  Idk how many they sent then, but after season ticket holders purchased theirs and after general public sales the week of the game, we were told that the visitor side was SOLD OUT...no more tickets, not even at the gate!  Well, mysteriously there were about 100 or so Vidor fans sitting on the visitor side!  Someone I know asked one of these Vidor fans how it was that they got tickets because supposedly the visitor side was sold out?  This person told my friend that more tickets "came available" a couple days before the game!  So, it leads me to believe that they do hold back tickets for their fans!  Maybe not...but it sure does look that way!

I tried reading all 5 pages of the post and still did not understand if Vidor is actually going to be sitting on Nederland's side.  If so, I do not agree with that.  It just seems simple to me.  Home is for home and visitor is for visitors.  Is that NOT the way it is?  Does anyone know how big their visitor side is (seat wise) compared to the home side (seat wise).  Could their visitor side be REALLY small?  I just can't imagine why they wouldn't be fair about it???