Will HJ become a playoff team this season?

BADSANTA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1281065" timestamp="1348520840"]
3-1 is a strong record coming into district. They just beat a team that man handled Silsbee [b][color=red]in a scrimmage[/color][/b].
[/quote]

3 very very important words............    IN A SCRIMMAGE!

Bad Santa, I am so glad you are taken such a vested interest in the HJ football program. Just think, if the administration would have acted upon your wishes all these kids would be selling candy for student council instead of battling on Friday night.  I can't predict or promise a playoff berth this year but one thing is for sure, the future looks bright for the Hawks. Here is a bone for you to chew on: 7 offensive starters return next year with 3 of those being sophomores.  Defensively, 6 starters return with 5 of those being sophomores.  Also 4 other sophomores are getting playing time on Friday night.  Now I know all of this does not guarantee a thing but experience is always a good thing.

Guest ECBucFan
From an unbiased observer who has seen H-J, OF and H-F this year, and who is well acquainted with Buna, I can offer the following if anyone is interested:

Most athletic? H-F. Yes I said H-F. This is the most athletic H-F team I have seen.
OF? Will frustrate you with ball control. Fundamentally sound, but not very athletic.
H-J? Intensity. Different mindset "we ARE gonna win" this year. Will hit you hard, EC is still bruised up.
Buna? Will fight you relentlessly, but not the fastest team through the years. Similar to OF. 
BC? Haven't seen them, so I can't say.

My conclusion is this: Out of H-J, OF, Buna, and H-F, they are all basically evenly matched. Any of these could beat the others on any given night. "[u]Without seeing BC[/u]", and if I HAD to pick, I would say H-F is the third place team. I base this on the thought their athleticism makes enough difference to just tip the outcomes. Any of these could get through, though. Good luck and I will support whoever makes it in.         

[quote name="Rake1" post="1281345" timestamp="1348543709"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=103623.msg1281065#msg1281065 date=1348520840]
3-1 is a strong record coming into district. They just beat a team that man handled Silsbee [b][color=red]in a scrimmage[/color][/b].
[/quote]

[/quote]Yes it was a scrimmage.  But the difference against Silsbee was EC didn't turn the ball over 5 or 6 times (I lost count against HJ) and EC didn't have 4 starters hurt.  (Remember in 2A many starters go both ways).  I've seen HF, HJ, and OF play.  Here is my prediction of how they finish:
1 WOS
2 Silsbee
3 HF
I think OF, Buna, and HJ are evenly matched.

Almost no way in the world! Almost??  I love those odds.  Playoffs may not be in our future this year.  We are young!! Just glad to see we are on peoples mind!  The hawks will definitely.make an impact on the district this year. We would love to be the heart breaker for some play-off hopeful team THIS year. Hawks will only get better as year goes on.

[quote name="finger roll" post="1282160" timestamp="1348623015"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=103623.msg1281345#msg1281345 date=1348543709]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=103623.msg1281065#msg1281065 date=1348520840]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yes it was a scrimmage.  But the difference against Silsbee was EC didn't turn the ball over 5 or 6 times (I lost count against HJ) and EC didn't have 4 starters hurt.  (Remember in 2A many starters go both ways).  I've seen HF, HJ, and OF play.  Here is my prediction of how they finish:
1 WOS
2 Silsbee
3 HF
I think OF, Buna, and HJ are evenly matched.
[/quote]

I hope those 4 starters that were out against HJ are healing up for your game this week.  It seems like they are the mainstays of the team.  Sounds like EC would've beat HJ like a drum if they had been healthy.  (BTW, HJ is a 3A team where 75% of the starters play both OF and Def., it's just not limited to 2A and below).  I agree with Mical, HJ might not be a front runner for a playoff berth, but they sure like being in the position to be a playoff "spoiler" for another team.  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder