Weekly District 18-4a Power Rankings

texasaggie

1a) Montgomery- The Bears took care of business against Caney Creek and showed off their multitude of offensive weapons. Bodhi and Ken'Dre form a good WR duo to compliment the two headed RB Monster of Dedrick and Paul. Jimmy plays a De'Anthony Thomas type position where he gets a few touches at both RB and WR. Josh is a good facilitator as a sophomore. He's not being asked to do too much which is good. Just thought I'd highlight the offensive stars this week.

1b) Brenham- The Cubs get the win on the road against rival Waller. Close game but that's expected in this rivalry. BF can give more insight on this game than me. Unless one team stumbles then these two teams will stay tied until Oct. 12.

3) Huntsville- The Hornets rolled Rudder to keep their spot at third in the rankings. They will be in a 3 way battle for the last 2 playoff spots in my opinion. They are a good, athletic team.

4) Magnolia West- The Mustangs beat Willis as expected and bounced back from their loss to Brenham. They hold onto their 4th spot for now, but Waller might sneak up on them...

5) Waller- After a close game with Brenham, the Bulldogs show they may have what it takes to separate themselves from the bottom of the district and fight for a playoff spot.

6) Willis- This is where the district really starts to drop off. The Wildkats are at the top of the cellar, but they're not a very good team and they tend to shoot themselves in the foot. That's not a good combo.

7) Bryan Rudder- Rudder looked like they might be on the rise after beating Magnolia...but then Huntsville stomped them. So back to the cellar they go.

8 ) Magnolia- Had a bye week.

9) Caney Creek- Had a couple sparks on offense, but the defense got shredded. It's still Caney Creek...

Looks like you change your rankings every week, I don't play for Magnolia. Never played there but if they can play 4 quaters with bad punts and doing bad things to them selves not another team doing it to them they will do well. Homecoming this week with Huntsville if they win they are right back in it. Good Luck to all teams in this district. Hope you and BF teams come out like you all say.

Great overall review of the district, I attended the Montgomery game last night and on offense they were firing on all cylinders, I know it was CC but they still rolled up 412 yards of offense and only gave up trash points with the backups in on defense. Like you stated earlier though they are 3 or 4 deep at RB. Paul Allen is without a doubt the fastest player I've seen this year.

You mean a 5 team race for the 4th spot? Montgomery and Brenham have seperated clearly. Waller played Brenham good in a rivalry game as it should be with any good rival, and none of the teams ranked third and lower are close to the same caiber as the Bears or the Cubs really Huntsville has seperated from the rest as well.

If Willis comes within 21 points of Waller I'd be surprised. Lack of talent and size as well as coaching. They lost to a team in Mag. West that got spanked by Brenham who isn't playing their best football yet, not even close. The only remaining game in district 18-4a is the game between Montgomery and Brenham that should decide the title.

[quote name="BearBacker15" post="1279069" timestamp="1348333553"]
Right now I'd have to put Huntsville ahead of Waller and mag west. I've seen them play And they have a little more talent wise than either of the other two. But for the most part I'd agree that it'll be any combo of the three for those two spots.
[/quote]

Waller looked as good as Huntsville, and better than MW.  I've seen all 3 play.

Setx

1. (2-0  3-1) Brenham- The Cubs claimed another win over rival Waller, but the team's adjustments seemed to be the most important part of the night.  The first half slightly resembled the Foster game, with us getting down on ourselves after a few sloppy turnovers early.  We seemed to lose focus and just do enough to get by.  The second half, things changed and we did what we couldn't do in week 0.  After playing a focused second half it eventually paid off as we put a little distance between us.  I'd say our o-line needs to improve, cuz the Bulldog defense was in our backfield quite a bit.  We did a better job as the game went on, but I still feel like our soph QB needs more protection.  As usual, our defense came up big, only giving up one TD.  It was a slant, and we missed an open field tackle.  The other TD was the opening kickoff which Waller returned 97 yards for a TD. 

2. (2-0  2-2) Montgomery- "They are who we thought they were"!  The Bears jumped out to an early lead over the Panthers, and put it on cruise control after that.  Not much change at the top of my power rankings, due to the top teams doing about what they were expected too.  Again, Montgomery has played the more difficult schedule, but Brenham has history on their side & the better record.  Things will likely stay this way till the 2 district front runners meet.

3. (1-1  2-2) Huntsville- The Hornet offense really showed up this week, as they made short work out of Rudder.  That helped them get some reps for their back ups, which will come in handy later in the season.  This team has a lot of potential, and it will be interesting to see how they do against MW & Waller, who in my opinion arnt far behind them.  It will be important for Huntsville to get these 2 wins, cuz I'm not sure they want their playoff chances riding on their November 2nd trip to Brenham. (2nd to last game)

4. (0-1  1-2) Waller- Well I didn't have them ranked very high last week cuz I hadn't seen them, but now that we've played these guys, I must say, they did surprise me a little.  Will the win the district?  No, but they are good enough to surprise any team that takes them lightly.  If they can protect their QB a little better, I could see them making the playoffs.  Huntsville better bring it when they play Waller, or the Bulldogs could possibly even get the 3rd spot.

5. (1-1  2-2) Magnolia West- The Mustangs are about right where the Hornets and Bulldogs are, which means they have some very important games left.  To be successful from here on out, MW needs to develop more of a passing game. 

6. (1-1  1-3) Rudder- The Rangers seem to be the new long shot, but at least they have a shot.  The bad news is the hard part of their schedule is still to come.

7. (0-1  1-2) Magnolia- The Bulldogs still need to prove themselves to the rest of the district.  They are coming off a bye, so they should be ready for their next game.

8. (0-2  1-3) Willis- The Wildkats look more disappointing every week.  I'm not sure their season has much of a chance to be rescued.

9. (0-2  1-3) Caney Creek- These will continue to improve, but a few late charity TD's ain't enough to get them out of the 18-4A cellar.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn