PhatMack19

Who wins?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Nederland
    • Vidor

[quote name="robanadana" post="1274505" timestamp="1347912145"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=103187.msg1274435#msg1274435 date=1347908831]
I don't think Vidor's defense is quite the caliber as Angleton's. Angleton is one of the elite teams in the state. If Ned protects the ball well, they can put up some points. The Ned offense is much better now than when they played Vidor last year. I'll take the Dogs in this one. And I don't think it'll be as close as a lot of people think. I truly believed that Ned could beat Angleton, but if someone told me before the game that Ned would turn the ball over five times and still be a two-point conversion away from taking the lead late in the 4th, I would've said they were crazy.

Nederland 31
Vidor 14
[/quote]

You're giving your offense way too much credit....you won't put 31 on us. Clear Brook had a combined 800 yards of offense and 75 points in the two games (LaPorte / Katy SL) leading up to us. We don't sub out at the end of the game they have only 7 and less than 200 last week. This game will come down to turnovers and be decided by less than a TD.
[/quote]

Bless your hearts. You dont even see it coming.  :)

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="robanadana" post="1274336" timestamp="1347903914"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=103187.msg1273922#msg1273922 date=1347849580]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=103187.msg1273912#msg1273912 date=1347848893]
Wouldn't it be cool if the Pirates could construct a new concession stand / restroom at the end zone and make it look like the Black Pearl (kind of what Tampa Bay has in their stadium, but on a smaller scale).

This game is going to be AWEsome!!!  Glad I got a week to think about the winner.
[/quote]

That would be cool. I think they should "lovingly" call their stadium the "Black Hole" because a lot of teams go there and strange things always seem to happen. I remember a Mustang game against them years and years ago where Hooks got back to back personal foul penalties and I kinda think the kicker was named Abby Daigle (sorry if I am wrong or misspelled it) kicked a field goal to beat us.
[/quote]

I'm amazed at how many people now think that Vidor "gets calls". Especially people from mid-county or WOS. Give me a break!! If Dan Hooks got two personal fouls called against him he probably deserved 10. He had kids from New Orleans playing for him 1 week after Katrina. Go figure.
[/quote]

How on earth did you manage to mangle my intention so badly. Did not imply Vidor gets calls..just stated that there is ALWAYS something unusual that happens there. Not complaining. Hooks deserved the calls for sure (the refs DID blow a call). Hey, years ago I played softball in a tourney in Vidor. One day a hot water heater blows up just outside the fence and the next I swear we were in a tornado. The lights bulbs were busting out and glass flying everywhere. Vidor just has bad karma for their opponents in Vidor. But now you mention in junior football I do remember a few calls....:)

Im not saying Vidor is bad but i just dont see them moving the ball on a team that has a big, physical defensive line. Especially a team that has film and past game plans on defending the Wing-T. Yeah Vidor is 3-0 and it is a big deal for Vidor fans, but the total record of those 3 opponents is 1-9 with the only win coming by the hands of BC defeating a bad Kelly team. On the other hand Nederland comes in to the game with a 2-1 record, with their only loss coming to #3 ranked Angleton by 8 points. Nederlands opponents have a total record of 8-2 with the only two losses being dealt by the hands of Nederland. With all this being said Nederland is stilling trying to work the kinks out of there Offense and go more deeper into their playbook. But the Nederland defensive talent (if all Healthy) will be the best Vidor has seen all year, hands down. Heck, Nederland is the best team they will have played after this.  Nederland Wins 28-6!!!!!!

[quote name="Baller 93" post="1274919" timestamp="1347949861"]
Im not saying Vidor is bad but i just dont see them moving the ball on a team that has a big, physical defensive line. Especially a team that has film and past game plans on defending the Wing-T. Yeah Vidor is 3-0 and it is a big deal for Vidor fans, but the total record of those 3 opponents is 1-9 with the only win coming by the hands of BC defeating a bad Kelly team. On the other hand Nederland comes in to the game with a 2-1 record, with their only loss coming to #3 ranked Angleton by 8 points. Nederlands opponents have a total record of 8-2 with the only two losses being dealt by the hands of Nederland. With all this being said Nederland is stilling trying to work the kinks out of there Offense and go more deeper into their playbook. But the Nederland defensive talent (if all Healthy) will be the best Vidor has seen all year, hands down. Heck, Nederland is the best team they will have played after this.  Nederland Wins 28-6!!!!!!
[/quote]

Last week it was all about Clear Brooks offense being biggest, fastest, and best Vidor has seen so far. Vidor wins and now all of a sudden Clear Brook is trash and everyone forgets about their OT loss to LP, where several posters claimed they outplayed LP but fell short on scoreboard. Then they take Seven Lakes to triple OT and Give them the win after they rush on the field after blocking a field goal kick. Just funny how they lose so much credibility after losing to Vidor .

After one helluva hard fought WAR with lots of ups and downs ::::::
Vidor 23
Nederland 21

[quote name="outanup" post="1274287" timestamp="1347901691"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=103187.msg1274270#msg1274270 date=1347900473]
Vidor will seal its district championship next week, then all thats left is to stay healthy for the playoffs.
[/quote]There are six more teams in this district that will have a say in this....Way too early and too much football left to be played, dont kid yourself.
[/quote]

I'm not kidding, it shouldn't be cakewalk but nobody over there has anything better than Vidor this year. Nederland is a good team but, this is not the Vidor of years past. This year they will sweep the district and make a better run than last year. I'm not saying the rest of the district should lay down but, don't be surprised when it happens.

[quote name="Pirates98" post="1274920" timestamp="1347953413"]
[quote author=Baller 93 link=topic=103187.msg1274919#msg1274919 date=1347949861]
[/quote]

Last week it was all about Clear Brooks offense being biggest, fastest, and best Vidor has seen so far. Vidor wins and now all of a sudden Clear Brook is trash and everyone forgets about their OT loss to LP, where several posters claimed they outplayed LP but fell short on scoreboard. Then they take Seven Lakes to triple OT and Give them the win after they rush on the field after blocking a field goal kick. Just funny how they lose so much credibility after losing to Vidor .

Vidor 23
Nederland 21
[/quote]

I remember seeing a lot of people saying last week that Clear Brook wasn't getting the credit they deserved because they were a tough team and don't let the 0-2 fool you.    Vidor beats them and now CB wasn't "that great" of a team. 

Vidor - 17
Ned - 14

Vidor fans..If you don't learn anything else, at least learn this...In this district its hard to earn respect, and if you take away the District title this year, people will say its a fluke...due to injuries on other teams, rebuilding, district play wasn't that tough...you get the picture.  Support your team thru good and bad, and do it how ever you want. There is NO shame in singing your teams accolades...Its a shame if you don't.  Have a great season! See you at Homecoming!

[quote name="NDNation" post="1275026" timestamp="1347978448"]
Vidor fans..If you don't learn anything else, at least learn this...In this district its hard to earn respect, and if you take away the District title this year, people will say its a fluke...due to injuries on other teams, rebuilding, district play wasn't that tough...you get the picture.  Support your team thru good and bad, and do it how ever you want. There is NO shame in singing your teams accolades...Its a shame if you don't.  Have a great season! See you at Homecoming!
[/quote]

I agree with all that you have said, my family and I have supported the Pirates since the late 80's.  Supported our Pirates even when every play Coach Law called was, up the middle, up the middle, pass, punt!  The fans even used to chant that during the games.  Coach Pat Murphy was a friend of ours and a good coach.  Mathews has been a great friend of my family's and has done some amazing things with the team and the program since taking over and even more so the past few years.  I remember when we were 5A and played the Houston school and used to get the crap beat out of us. 

Good luck to all of our opposing teams this season and even greater luck to My Pirates!!  I hope to see us sweep the district this year.  ;D

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1275062" timestamp="1347980719"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=103187.msg1275026#msg1275026 date=1347978448]
[/quote]

I agree with all that you have said, my family and I have supported the Pirates since the late 80's.  Supported our Pirates even when every play Coach Law called was, up the middle, up the middle, pass, punt!  The fans even used to chant that during the games.  Coach Pat Murphy was a friend of ours and a good coach.  Mathews has been a great friend of my family's and has done some amazing things with the team and the program since taking over and even more so the past few years.  I remember when we were 5A and played the Houston school and used to get the crap beat out of us. 

Good luck to all of our opposing teams this season and even greater luck to My Pirates!!  I hope to see us sweep the district this year.  ;D
[/quote]

Props for hanging in there, those were some tough years for Vidor. Mathews program is beginning to turn the corner...the kids believe in the system and are taught the offense from the Jr. high school level. There was even a learning curve for the staff but the program seems to be gelling.

[quote name="incognito" post="1275139" timestamp="1347984793"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=103187.msg1275062#msg1275062 date=1347980719]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=103187.msg1275026#msg1275026 date=1347978448]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Props for hanging in there, those were some tough years for Vidor. Mathews program is beginning to turn the corner...the kids believe in the system and are taught the offense from the Jr. high school level. There was even a learning curve for the staff but the program seems to be gelling.
[/quote]

Yes big Props. Its easy to support a winning team...but to stick by a losing one is a true show of character!

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1274959" timestamp="1347972772"]
[quote author=Pirates98 link=topic=103187.msg1274920#msg1274920 date=1347953413]
[quote author=Baller 93 link=topic=103187.msg1274919#msg1274919 date=1347949861]
[/quote]

Vidor 23
Nederland 21
[/quote]

I remember seeing a lot of people saying last week that Clear Brook wasn't getting the credit they deserved because they were a tough team and don't let the 0-2 fool you.    Vidor beats them and now CB wasn't "that great" of a team. 

Vidor - 17
Ned - 14
[/quote]

Clear Brook lost to LaPorte in OT but LaPorte played a reall 5A team(Clear Springs) and got hammered 32-8 so dont think Clear Brook was that good of a team. Besides, I expected vidor to to play good against Clear Brook. No one in that district runs the Wing-T. It's hard to guard something that u never see!!!

[quote name="Baller 93" post="1275153" timestamp="1347985762"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=103187.msg1274959#msg1274959 date=1347972772]
[quote author=Pirates98 link=topic=103187.msg1274920#msg1274920 date=1347953413]
[/quote]

Vidor 23
Nederland 21
[/quote]

Vidor - 17
Ned - 14
[/quote]

Clear Brook lost to LaPorte in OT but LaPorte played a reall 5A team(Clear Springs) and got hammered 32-8 so dont think Clear Brook was that good of a team. Besides, I expected vidor to to play good against Clear Brook. No one in that district runs the Wing-T. [b]It's hard to guard something that u never see!!![/b][/quote]

So that is the reason we won? Because CB has never seen the Slot-T offense??  Wow, that's amazing!! God forbid it was because Vidor played an awesome game on both sides of the ball!  ::)

[quote name="Baller 93" post="1275153" timestamp="1347985762"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=103187.msg1274959#msg1274959 date=1347972772]
[/quote]

Vidor 23
Nederland 21
[/quote]

Vidor - 17
Ned - 14
[/quote]

Clear Brook lost to LaPorte in OT but LaPorte played a reall 5A team(Clear Springs) and got hammered 32-8 so dont think Clear Brook was that good of a team. Besides, I expected vidor to to play good against Clear Brook. No one in that district runs the Wing-T. It's hard to guard something that u never see!!!
[/quote]

Yeah, I guess you have apoint because Vidor faces the triple option every week.. 8) If you use that argument for one team you have to be willing to turn it around the other way too. So, since Vidor stopped the option that they don't see often, what would that mean?

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Brubaker" post="1275338" timestamp="1347998646"]
I would assume the slot T is a version of the dead T that uses a SLOT back.  And the wing T is a version of the dead T that uses a WING back. But I'm no football guru.
[/quote]

Been involved with junior high and high school football for 64 years; even back to the single wing formation.  I have never before heard of the "Dead" T formation.  What is that?

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1275338" timestamp="1347998646"]
I would assume the slot T is a version of the dead T that uses a SLOT back.  And the wing T is a version of the dead T that uses a WING back. But I'm no football guru.
[/quote]

I'm not an expert by any means, but The Texas Slot-t which Mathews runs is very much a 4 back offense, it isn't just simply the way that the flank is aligned (flanker outside the tight end vs flanker inside the tight end). Some people see it as a mix between the Power I and the Wing T. Also the wing and halfback our on different sides in the slot-t and the wing-t, the Wing-T is set to the strong side - TE and WB - the FB and TB are in dead back positions. In the Slot-T, the TB (Slot) is set to the Quick side opposite of the TE, the FB and HB are in the dead back positions, the HB does more lead blocking and is the ball carrier when running back to the quick side. The slot (TB) is your speed back and the HB (dead back behind the Strong Tackle) is a power back and lead blocker for FB on the dive and on the perimeter for TB.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder