1. 1. Who wins?

• Nederland
    • Vidor

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Razor" post="1272589" timestamp="1347731062"]
this will be entertaining for the next two weeks...I have decided to sit back, listen to Vidor talk about how bad they are kick Nederland's butt (like they did last year) and then see what happens...should be fun!
[/quote]

If you haven't noticed, it's not the Vidor fans predicting a 2-3 TD win... ;)

[quote name="Sleepy1" post="1272594" timestamp="1347731318"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=103187.msg1272589#msg1272589 date=1347731062]
this will be entertaining for the next two weeks...I have decided to sit back, listen to Vidor talk about how bad they are kick Nederland's butt (like they did last year) and then see what happens...should be fun!
[/quote]

[/quote]

when the time comes for predictions, I won't be picking a 2-3 TD win for Nederland either...I think believing that either team wins by that much is crazy unless the turnover bug hits one of them

[quote name="Razor" post="1272607" timestamp="1347731736"]
[quote author=Sleepy1 link=topic=103187.msg1272594#msg1272594 date=1347731318]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=103187.msg1272589#msg1272589 date=1347731062]
[/quote]

[/quote]

when the time comes for predictions, I won't be picking a 2-3 TD win for Nederland either...I think believing that either team wins by that much is crazy unless the turnover bug hits one of them
[/quote]

Excellent point my friend.

[quote name="supergold82" post="1272469" timestamp="1347725890"]
[quote author=tdavis9 link=topic=103187.msg1272448#msg1272448 date=1347724852]
nederland by 3 tds ...they have better offense and defense then vidor
[/quote]I believe I can see smoke coming out of tdavis9 back side. No way the Dogs beat Vidor by 3 tds at home. Get the crack out of your PEACE PIPE.
[/quote]
u must not know nederland who was vidor played..some no name teams ...and who has nederland played ranked teams in the STATE .and alomst beat the number 3 team in state last night...come on now vidor is no where near close to nederland....just cuz u said that vidor will get shoutout all they do is run and nederland stops that

look these are two teams who proved themselves by going 3 rounds deep last year...both have numerous players from those teams back so it is reasonable to believe that they can both do at least that much again, and I think they BOTH just may...Nederland got a serious taste of what big time 4A playoff football is last night by battling one of the state's best on their home field in torrential rain...vidor has yet to be battlet tested this year, but that doesn't mean they are not good...can't wait for this one!

[quote name="Razor" post="1272626" timestamp="1347732381"]
look these are two teams who proved themselves by going 3 rounds deep last year...both have numerous players from those teams back so it is reasonable to believe that they can both do at least that much again, and I think they BOTH just may...Nederland got a serious taste of what big time 4A playoff football is last night by battling one of the state's best on their home field in torrential rain..[b].vidor has yet to be battlet tested this year, [/b]but that doesn't mean they are not good...can't wait for this one!
[/quote]

Well I guess the battle is sure enough gonna happen when they meet.  8)

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1272538" timestamp="1347728746"]
[quote author=bulldog1984 link=topic=103187.msg1272533#msg1272533 date=1347728604]
I say Ned 31 to 20 . no rivalry here, Vidor wants one so bad that they try to make one  . :) i dont blame them to want one because its fun to have one. just want them to know that its ok to think we are their rival but Ned fans only have one rival... PNG
[/quote]

Kinda like the "crazy" uncle at holidays that no one can tell him he's "crazy"

shhhh....[b].they really think they are our rivals. [/b]  (no one tell them any different).... 8)

I tried to spell it out for them in my earlier post but realize that they are rival-less without the "imagined" rivalry with us.
[/quote]

Hey Vidor doesn't discriminate every team they face is considered a rival. ;)

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1272578" timestamp="1347730431"]
[quote author=bulldog1984 link=topic=103187.msg1272572#msg1272572 date=1347730151]
Im sure your defence is good but really who have you played yet besides last night ? good job last night by the way :) we will see in 2 weeks pirate lol
[/quote]
does who we played take away from how our defense performs?(and thanx, same to you)
[/quote]
Yes.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1272578" timestamp="1347730431"]
[quote author=bulldog1984 link=topic=103187.msg1272572#msg1272572 date=1347730151]
Im sure your defence is good but really who have you played yet besides last night ? good job last night by the way :) we will see in 2 weeks pirate lol
[/quote]
does who we played take away from how our defense performs?(and thanx, same to you)
[/quote]

You're smart enough to know the answer to that question - of course it does.  I'm not saying Vidor's defense isn't any good, but I don't think you can compare the teams that Nederland has played versus who Vidor has played.  You should have shutout Santa Fe, but so would have about half of 20-4A.

The Clear Brook game was a good win for y'all, but CB is not Angleton in terms of offense and explosiveness.  And while Crosby and GCM weren't great teams they did have some speed and offensive playmakers. 

Top to bottom, Vidor hasn't seen that yet.  I think objectively Nederland has the better defense and that should be the difference in the game.  Vidor's style of play on offense will throw in some wrinkles, but Nederland's D has already shown the ability to stop or contain the run on teams with bigger lines and with more speed in the backfield than Vidor has. 

I think Nederland wins by 10, but if Ned turns over the ball like last night I wouldn't be surprised to see Vidor win.

[quote name="tdavis9" post="1272620" timestamp="1347732141"]
[quote author=supergold82 link=topic=103187.msg1272469#msg1272469 date=1347725890]
[quote author=tdavis9 link=topic=103187.msg1272448#msg1272448 date=1347724852]
nederland by 3 tds ...they have better offense and defense then vidor
[/quote]I believe I can see smoke coming out of tdavis9 back side. No way the Dogs beat Vidor by 3 tds at home. Get the crack out of your PEACE PIPE.
[/quote]
u must not know nederland who was vidor played..some no name teams ...and who has nederland played[b] ranked teams in the STATE[/b] .and alomst beat the number 3 team in state last night...come on now vidor is no where near close to nederland....just cuz u said that vidor will get shoutout all they do is run and nederland stops that
[/quote]
who besides Angleton was ranked?

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1272684" timestamp="1347735366"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=103187.msg1272578#msg1272578 date=1347730431]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[b]You're smart enough to know the answer to that question - of course it does.[/b]  I'm not saying Vidor's defense isn't any good, but I don't think you can compare the teams that Nederland has played versus who Vidor has played.  You should have shutout Santa Fe, but so would have about half of 20-4A.

The Clear Brook game was a good win for y'all, but CB is not Angleton in terms of offense and explosiveness.  And while Crosby and GCM weren't great teams they did have some speed and offensive playmakers. 

Top to bottom, Vidor hasn't seen that yet.  I think objectively Nederland has the better defense and that should be the difference in the game.  Vidor's style of play on offense will throw in some wrinkles, but Nederland's D has already shown the ability to stop or contain the run on teams with bigger lines and with more speed in the backfield than Vidor has. 

I think Nederland wins by 10, but if Ned turns over the ball like last night I wouldn't be surprised to see Vidor win.
[/quote]
so your saying our boys only executed their play assignments because they were playing a sub-par team. notice i said how they performed. they did their jobs accordingly, it didn't matter who they were playing.

i also find it interesting how when we started asking about Clear Brook, no one really new anything other than they went to OT with LaPort and played a very close game the following week. Alot said we were finally playing someone and would maybe lose. Now that we won, all of a sudden Clear Brook is a nobody and Vidor doesn't stand a chance against Nederland.

[quote name="football04" post="1272705" timestamp="1347737156"]
Alot of people are going to say alot stuff in the next 2 weeks, but the reality is this will be a great game and the team that makes the least amount of mistakes will win.
[/quote]
+1. they should lock the thread now. that says it all. 8)

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1272700" timestamp="1347736716"]
[quote author=Mr. Happy link=topic=103187.msg1272684#msg1272684 date=1347735366]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=103187.msg1272578#msg1272578 date=1347730431]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[b]You're smart enough to know the answer to that question - of course it does.[/b]  I'm not saying Vidor's defense isn't any good, but I don't think you can compare the teams that Nederland has played versus who Vidor has played.  You should have shutout Santa Fe, but so would have about half of 20-4A.

[/quote]
so your saying our boys only executed their play assignments because they were playing a sub-par team. notice i said how they performed. they did their jobs accordingly, it didn't matter who they were playing.

i also find it interesting how when we started asking about Clear Brook, no one really new anything other than they went to OT with LaPort and played a very close game the following week. Alot said we were finally playing someone and would maybe lose. Now that we won, all of a sudden Clear Brook is a nobody and Vidor doesn't stand a chance against Nederland.
[/quote]

Ahh, it's the return or resurfacing of the longstanding Vidor inferiority complex.  Come on, you moved up in weight class last year, it's time to get the chip off your shoulder. 

I clearly said CB was a good win, but Santa Fe and BC weren't necessarily juggernauts.  Nederland has played better teams so far.  That may or may not make a difference in two weeks.  Vidor has executed so far and hats off to them, but you have not played murderer's row.  I think almost everyone on here has said Vidor could win this game so buck up and quit feeling sorry for yourself

I do say Nederland by 2 TDs.

Not to be arrogant.

I see a hard fought battle.  I think this game will be higher scoring those most think.  I see big plays both sides of the ball for both teams.

I think nerves will cost both teams flags early, this is the "battle" in 20 4 A this year.

Ned/Vid Fans will be crazy and stands full 8)

With all of that said, overall player for player our defense will make the difference.  Washington, Couron big plays on D.

Go Dogs!

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1272717" timestamp="1347738119"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=103187.msg1272700#msg1272700 date=1347736716]
[quote author=Mr. Happy link=topic=103187.msg1272684#msg1272684 date=1347735366]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ahh, it's the return or resurfacing of the longstanding Vidor inferiority complex.  Come on, you moved up in weight class last year, it's time to get the chip off your shoulder. 

I clearly said CB was a good win, but Santa Fe and BC weren't necessarily juggernauts.  Nederland has played better teams so far.  That may or may not make a difference in two weeks.  Vidor has executed so far and hats off to them, but you have not played murderer's row.  I think almost everyone on here has said Vidor could win this game so buck up and quit feeling sorry for yourself
[/quote]
feeling sorry for my self. how do you draw that conclusion? AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ME TO BUCK UP! you don't know me! lets leave it at that and wish these boys a good,clean injury free game and remainder of the season. ;)

Vidor fans need to realize that there will be a lot of fans from other schools will be chiming in on this thread.  Nederland respects you and knows they are in for a tussle, don't let these other schools get in the way of this game.  Mr. Happy is a PNG fan adn doesn't really have much else to talk about at this point.

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1272731" timestamp="1347738767"]
Vidor fans need to realize that there will be a lot of fans from other schools will be chiming in on this thread.  Nederland respects you and knows they are in for a tussle, don't let these other schools get in the way of this game.  Mr. Happy is a PNG fan adn doesn't really have much else to talk about at this point.
[/quote]

Nice try ND, but I went to Nederland, still live there and have kids in school now.  No PNG fan here.

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1272684" timestamp="1347735366"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

You're smart enough to know the answer to that question - of course it does.  I'm not saying Vidor's defense isn't any good, but I don't think you can compare the teams that Nederland has played versus who Vidor has played.  You should have shutout Santa Fe, but so would have about half of 20-4A.

The Clear Brook game was a good win for y'all, but CB is not Angleton in terms of offense and explosiveness.  And while[b] Crosby and GCM weren't great teams they did have some speed and offensive playmakers.  [/b]

[/quote]Last week ya'll were saying those two teams was no challenge for you, now you try to build them up to make you look good. ha.. ;)

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1272734" timestamp="1347739043"]
[quote author=NDOMAKONG link=topic=103187.msg1272731#msg1272731 date=1347738767]
[/quote]

Nice try ND, but I went to Nederland, still live there and have kids in school now.  No PNG fan here.
[/quote]

But, I think this will be a heck of a game.  The winner will have the inside track in the district, but both of these teams should be playing deep into November and possibly beyond.  With that said, I think Nederland is the better team and should win. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012