Barbers Hill vs. Crosby Game Thread/Crosby wins 35-17!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cougar14" post="1271824" timestamp="1347681200"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=103159.msg1271669#msg1271669 date=1347678729]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=103159.msg1271643#msg1271643 date=1347678382]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=103159.msg1271638#msg1271638 date=1347678297]
Is Coach Stewart your homeboy? Kinda seems like a man crush.
[/quote]

Cap you said home boy don't you know that's ebonics =-)
[/quote]

It's ok. Most of us are bi-lingual on here.
[/quote]Like I said on the prediction thread. Leave the translator at the house and bring the calculator. Don't know the stats yet but I bet Crosby was around 500 yards of total offense. You saw it with your own eyes LilTex, I know you were shaking all the way back down 90That's with a 60 yarder called back and a touchdown dropped. Should have probably been closer to 50-17. Goose egg for the Hill in the second half, coupe of lucky plays in the first. The touchdown Denny scored was a broken play. Just for a little revisionist history the Dolls always seem to revert to, last five years Crosby 4-1 on the Mound. It's funny I don't see that Eagle11 guy talking anymore. Maybe I need to say "Crosby did y'all homie, we what that is" to get a response. He only seems to respond to teams that speak ebonics. I would sue Enterprise if those hydrocarbon emissions made me that ignorant.
[/quote]

1st the 60 yarder was called back because of a hold that broke him free. 2nd Walter scored on several broken plays include the only TD in the 1st half. and don't worry about hydrocarbons you are that ignorant 8), but congrats on your team ;D

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="bronco pride" post="1271816" timestamp="1347681051"]
Didnt ned just spank crosby and hold them to like 50 yds rushing. Crosby neefs to calm down a little and remember coming to dayton will not be so nice.
[/quote]

Ned had 5-6 defense starters out against Dayton during scrimmage. Nederland is legit. But Crosby was still working out the kinks in that first game offensively. The Crosby - Nederland game was controlled by Nederland's defensive line but I will say that Crosby played like a better team in the 2nd half and shut Nederland's offense out.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1271825" timestamp="1347681212"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103159.msg1271816#msg1271816 date=1347681051]
Didnt ned just spank crosby and hold them to like 50 yds rushing. Crosby neefs to calm down a little and remember coming to dayton will not be so nice.
[/quote]

Yall beat them by 7 last year and got a long TD run towards the end to do that. Better watch out they will be the best team that yall have played yet.
[/quote]

Elkins was better, Livingston was comparable

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1271845" timestamp="1347681517"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=103159.msg1271824#msg1271824 date=1347681200]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=103159.msg1271669#msg1271669 date=1347678729]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=103159.msg1271643#msg1271643 date=1347678382]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=103159.msg1271638#msg1271638 date=1347678297]
Is Coach Stewart your homeboy? Kinda seems like a man crush.
[/quote]

Cap you said home boy don't you know that's ebonics =-)
[/quote]

It's ok. Most of us are bi-lingual on here.
[/quote]Like I said on the prediction thread. Leave the translator at the house and bring the calculator. Don't know the stats yet but I bet Crosby was around 500 yards of total offense. You saw it with your own eyes LilTex, I know you were shaking all the way back down 90That's with a 60 yarder called back and a touchdown dropped. Should have probably been closer to 50-17. Goose egg for the Hill in the second half, coupe of lucky plays in the first. The touchdown Denny scored was a broken play. Just for a little revisionist history the Dolls always seem to revert to, last five years Crosby 4-1 on the Mound. It's funny I don't see that Eagle11 guy talking anymore. Maybe I need to say "Crosby did y'all homie, we what that is" to get a response. He only seems to respond to teams that speak ebonics. I would sue Enterprise if those hydrocarbon emissions made me that ignorant.
[/quote]

1st the 60 yarder was called back because of a hold that broke him free. 2nd Walter scored on several broken plays include the only TD in the 1st half. and don't worry about hydrocarbons you are that ignorant 8), but congrats on your team ;D
[/quote]The hold was behind the play first of all, that's why it was still a first down. That's the kind of stuff I won't have to explain to a Dayton fan this week, they seem to be more knowledgeable than y'all. The block had no bearing on the td run. I told you not to do that raindance, more rain means more Twin. That's two games in a row over 200 for Austin. Don't expect the Dayton game to be any different. Dayton's going to need to score 30 to compete. I mean after all, we just put up 500 yards on the best defense we've seen. . . . just ask them, we couldn't stop their O (17 pts), we couldn't score on their D (should've had 50), and they had play makers everywhere (only saw 2). The scary thing is though, what if we do beat Dayton? The Summer Creek game should be the only possible loss left on the schedule. Crosby finally being able to go the small 4a playoffs where they belong could lead to a regional title. 

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1271903" timestamp="1347682401"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=103159.msg1271825#msg1271825 date=1347681212]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103159.msg1271816#msg1271816 date=1347681051]
[/quote]

Yall beat them by 7 last year and got a long TD run towards the end to do that. Better watch out they will be the best team that yall have played yet.
[/quote]

Elkins was better, Livingston was comparable
[/quote]

And you know this how? Livingston didn't even have thier QB which is suposed to be something special.

Stats are on the chronicle site Crosby 489 yards Total Offense. BH 311 total yards. BH 3 turnovers Crosby Zero turnovers. We got more first downs ;D Just looking for any silver linning here. ok I'm really going to bed now. Goodluck to Dayton and Crosby next week. I think Crosby may be the better team, but everytime i pick Crosby they choke. 8)

[b]Team Stats[/b]

Barbers Hill                                Crosby
Total yards                311                                        489
First downs                22                                          20
Rushes/Yds              37/241                                  43/340
Average rush            6.51                                      7.91
Comp/Atts              5/10/1                                    9/16/0
Pass yards                70                                        149
Comp pct                  50                                        56.25
Fumbles/Lost            2/2                                        1/0
Penalties-yards        5-50                                      4-35

[quote name="cougar14" post="1271365" timestamp="1347675895"]
HURRY HURRY HURRY SOMEBODY CALL THE GAME WARDEN, THEY'RE SLAUGHTERING EAGLES IN CROSBY. 35-17 COUGARS. NUFF SAID.
[/quote]Y'all won the game on the line of scrimmage IMO. The Walter boys had lots of big holes up the middle to run through. For BH to win, we have to be able to control the line of scrimmage and we couldn't do it. Congratulations to all of Crosby tonight. I am having my crow in a gumbo with lots of tobasco tomorrow. However, this humble pie I am eating in no way diminishes the fact that Crosby still sucks, big time.

[quote name="bh15" post="1271956" timestamp="1347683580"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=103159.msg1271365#msg1271365 date=1347675895]
HURRY HURRY HURRY SOMEBODY CALL THE GAME WARDEN, THEY'RE SLAUGHTERING EAGLES IN CROSBY. 35-17 COUGARS. NUFF SAID.
[/quote]Y'all won the game on the line of scrimmage IMO. The Walter boys had lots of big holes up the middle to run through. For BH to win, we have to be able to control the line of scrimmage and we couldn't do it. Congratulations to all of Crosby tonight. I am having my crow in a gumbo with lots of tobasco tomorrow. However, this humble pie I am eating in no way diminishes the fact that Crosby still sucks, big time.
[/quote]Thank you I guess. I said The Hill would have 250 rushing, they had 241. I said they would have 50 yards passing, they had and aerial explosion of 70 yards. Nearly 500 total yards with the touchdowns called back and dropped, probably closer to 600 total yards. I don't like crow, but I do like horse meat. We'll give you a template on how to tame the Ponies.

My take on the game=BH not as productive sustaining drives because Crosby as a team has alot more speed and Crosby was winning the line of scrimm all night.Crosby should have been ahead @ the half.I didn't see any differant 2nd half Crosby adjustments nor did I see any BH adjustments and BH did not wrap up and 2nd chance runs were there alot.Crosby D bent but didn't break,they kept pressure up all night & kept BH in 3rd and long situations.Bh did not get great field position very often & Crosby took advantage.I said early on if BH don't start passing to soften the D it would be a long night.Crosby was the better team tonight,congrats to the Coogs & Coach Roarch(sp) & staff on 1st 19-4a win.Sat w/Trocket from Livingston and I'm sure he'll agree w/my observations.

Guest hardin01
You know why Crosby will not win next week,

mark my words. FIELD position, which is in direction relation to the leg of Juan Carranco.

THis will come down to field position, and special teams.

early prediction 42-35 BRONCOS

BH had the big fullback and he carried the ball well. He had a turnover but still is a beast. Then they had two small running backs at the tailback spots all night and not using the bigger faster stronger backs. I don't know if they were trying to squeak small ones through holes or what but it didn't work. So now we have two of the fastest kids on the team standing on the sideline all night and not even being used in defense where they could have helped tremendously. Poor poor decisions on our part. If changes don't happen then it's going to be a long year.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Well we did beat the champions of Mexico.  8)

Here's some reality. Dayton destroyed Elkins with a ferocious ground game of 19 total rushing yards. The Broncos also struggled with 0-2 Livingston averaging 2.8 yards a carry. Dayton finally flexed its muscle on New Caney - literally a JV team.  In fact, Dayton's first 3 opponents have won exactly [b]zero[/b] games thus far. Not much of a resume. 680 total yards in 3 games? Crosby has 1,350 yards of offense. Not bad for a team picked 4th by Dave Campbell and 5th by Friday Night Lights.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1272314" timestamp="1347717878"]
Well we did beat the champions of Mexico.  8)

Here's some reality. Dayton destroyed Elkins with a ferocious ground game of 19 total rushing yards. The Broncos also struggled with 0-2 Livingston averaging 2.8 yards a carry. Dayton finally flexed its muscle on New Caney - literally a JV team.  In fact, Dayton's first 3 opponents have won exactly [b]zero[/b] games thus far. Not much of a resume. 680 total yards in 3 games? Crosby has 1,350 yards of offense. Not bad for a team picked 4th by Dave Campbell and 5th by Friday Night Lights.
[/quote]how many yards rushing did yall have against ned

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami