Bridge City at Beaumont Kelly Game Thread/Bridge City wins 35-0!

WOSgrad

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was much worse than it should have been. Our starting Qb did not suit up. Our best o-line man did not play and our best (and virtually only) receiver played with a dislocated thumb and dropped tons of passes. The back up QB that played, Connor Moore, is good, he transferred from west brook last week, however he had no idea he would be playing till this morning and obviously only being at practice for a week did not know now the offense to well. It was a rough game but I was really impressed with the new QB's arm he will be good if we need him later this year and will be really good next year. We just couldn't get the offense going.

[quote name="jenks" post="1272093" timestamp="1347687726"]
What happened to Kelly?
[/quote]
Total rebuilding year after losing 19 seniors. No getting around that. Whoever made the comment that they need to get out of the defense they are running does not know diddly-poo about football. They have a lot of kids playing varsity football for the first time. This may very well be a rough year for them all season, but the experience gained will pay dividends for the next two seasons that follow.

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1272219" timestamp="1347693391"]
Yikes! Not a good sign. They won't win a game this year. I can't remember Kelly ever being this bad and they have more transfers for football than ever. How does that work? Is Kelly giving scholarships ?
[/quote]
To answer your questions:
1) Kelly does not give scholarships for students to come play football.
2) Kelly DOES NOT have more transfers for football than ever. That is completely inaccurate.
3) Kelly has been this "bad" before. Kelly is a private "2A" sized school. Athletic talent has a tendency to be cyclical at the school and last years senior group was a rare athletically-talented deep group. Kelly will probably make TAPPS playoffs in football next season and make a deep run the following two seasons and then take another dip down after this current freshman group graduates.
[quote author=coach wade link=topic=103147.msg1272253#msg1272253 date=1347709899]
Talked to a friend this week that said coach stump was mad at coach Matthews last week for running up the score on them.  Just wondering how much difference there is in a 38 point margin and a 35 point margin. 
[/quote]
C
I support Kelly, but Coach Stump was not trying to run up the score last night. The kids at Kelly made some critical 2nd half mistakes that put BC in immediate position to score, and the last score came with the 2nd team offense running a basic option running play that Kelly did not stop.

Ok roger korby since you know everything about football tell me y they shoul stay in the 3-4. You sit obviously don't diddly poo about football! To run a 3-4 you need a awesome nose guard that Kelly doesn't have! You need 2 linemen that r awesome that Kelly has teu choose not to play them on defense for some reason. Need 4 linebackers who r mad men and I'm telling you right now Kelly doesn't have 1 linebacker on that team so you sir don't know anything about football good try though

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1272219" timestamp="1347693391"]
Yikes! Not a good sign. They won't win a game this year. I can't remember Kelly ever being this bad and they have more transfers for football than ever. How does that work? Is Kelly giving scholarships ?
[/quote] literally two transfers started last night and they only started because people were injured it was the QB and a OL man. There are five transfers on the roster and only four of them get playing time and none start when no one is injured and one of those four is a very talented basketball player and just decided to play football 2 weeks a go. There are barely any transfers at Kelly this year I don't know where you got your info.

[quote name="Gatorpie456" post="1272091" timestamp="1347687572"]
Yeah yeah yeah fisherman blah blah blah keep making excuses! Kelly needs to get out of that defense if they want to win any games this year!
[/quote] Hahaha are you expecting a kid who has practiced ONE week with the team to know the offense? And look at the stats from the first game Thomas Falgout had 107 receiving yards the rest of the team had like 15 and Thomas dislocated his thumb in pre game warm ups and just couldn't catch the ball this game. I'm not trying to make excuses I'm just saying this year Kelly has no depth at all and our best o line man, and starting Qb, and best receiver were injured.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476