Coldspring @ LaMarque

TROJANSWIN

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="First Down" post="1267381" timestamp="1347369892"]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=102871.msg1266855#msg1266855 date=1347310186]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=102871.msg1266741#msg1266741 date=1347297464]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=102871.msg1266737#msg1266737 date=1347297265]
Coldspring will need to pass the ball. [b]If they can complete 5 passes[/b] the score will be [b]Coldspring by 12[/b], but if they only attempt and/or complete 2 passes, LaMarque by at least 21. Coldspring has to complete passes to keep the linebackers and safeties from crashing the box but the predictable QB roll-outs will not work but once or twice, the rest have to be three step drops or shotgun by the QB to have time to pass. Coldspring will still do the scat-trap but I think will pass more this game. [b]Coldspring by 12 points.[/b]
[/quote]

How many of these 5 completions need to be to the tight end? ;)
[/quote]

Smart censored. I never said pass to one person. Just so you know the person you trying to reference played tightend last year and only plays tightend a couple of times a game now. Before calling someone out, know your facts. Or did you get your reporting skills from a Cracker Jack Box? Coldspring passed the ball several times against Navasota (to several different people) but only completed two passes, that I remember. Thats why I said complete 5 passes (to anyone). If this is only your website and no one else can have an opinion, let people know it is AGGIESAREWE.com.
[/quote]

I feel the all mighty private message is coming your way ;D ;D

LaMarque by 2 TD's
[/quote]

For Coldspring to beat LaMarque by 12, 4 of those 5 "Must completions" MUST be for touchdowns.  It's an opinion and it's mine. ::)

Dear Coach Bryan Barbay,

I take my hat off to you for having the balls to schedule a team like LM. Just take this spanking and build on it, LM is fresh from 4A and have tons of talent. I remember Coach Alvarez put Carthage on Kirbyville's schedule the first year Carthage dropped from 4A and boy did they whoop our A$$$!!! The next year Carthage came to Kirbyville and we whoop their butts, let's hope CS have the same success next season because it's not gonna happen this year!!

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1267406" timestamp="1347371368"]
LM defense something Coldspring's Offense [b]have never experienced [/b] and will not be able to simulate in their practice... Lm will have to big lead early... however i'm hoping Coldspring's can make some halftime adjustments to make the game interesting. If not, shut out for la marque.
LM 21 to 34
CS 10
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that Carthage in '10 and Wimberley in '11 have prepared CS offense for the LaMarque defense.  I know they weren't LaMarque, but both did win the state championship that year.  I bet the game against Navasota last week has also helped to prepare CS for LaMarque.  I am not saying LaMarque is not a good team, and may beat Coldspring by 20 points this week, but I bet the Trojans have seen as good of a team in the last 2 years.  I guess we have to wait till friday to find out.  I still think the Trojans win. 

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1267960" timestamp="1347409095"]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=102871.msg1267406#msg1267406 date=1347371368]
LM defense something Coldspring's Offense [b]have never experienced [/b] and will not be able to simulate in their practice... Lm will have to big lead early... however i'm hoping Coldspring's can make some halftime adjustments to make the game interesting. If not, shut out for la marque.
LM 21 to 34
CS 10
[/quote]
[b]I'm pretty sure that Carthage in '10 and Wimberley in '11 have prepared CS offense for the LaMarque defense.  [/b] I know they weren't LaMarque, but both did win the state championship that year.  I bet the game against Navasota last week has also helped to prepare CS for LaMarque.  I am not saying LaMarque is not a good team, and may beat Coldspring by 20 points this week, but I bet the Trojans have seen as good of a team in the last 2 years.  I guess we have to wait till friday to find out.  I still think the Trojans win.
[/quote]
I understand your post, and I see the point your trying to make, but being a 22-3A fan who has watched Coldpsring over the years and I watched Carthage in 10' on tv and i actually went to the Coldspring vs Wimberley game and was going for Coldspring both games. Now that I've said that so you dont shoot me down so easily, I've also seen LaMarque, I saw them beat Ozen and I saw them lose to Manvel, and Wimberley in 11 was nothing compared to LaMarque on O or D. If i had to scale them 1-10 say LaMarque was a 9 then i'd mark Wimberley at a 5 and 2010 Carthage at 7, so with that being said I don't believe Coldspring has ever experienced a D that will prepare them for LaMarque.

[quote name="LP6" post="1267967" timestamp="1347410066"]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=102871.msg1267960#msg1267960 date=1347409095]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=102871.msg1267406#msg1267406 date=1347371368]
LM 21 to 34
CS 10
[/quote]
[b]I'm pretty sure that Carthage in '10 and Wimberley in '11 have prepared CS offense for the LaMarque defense.  [/b] I know they weren't LaMarque, but both did win the state championship that year.  I bet the game against Navasota last week has also helped to prepare CS for LaMarque.  I am not saying LaMarque is not a good team, and may beat Coldspring by 20 points this week, but I bet the Trojans have seen as good of a team in the last 2 years.  I guess we have to wait till friday to find out.  I still think the Trojans win.
[/quote]
I understand your post, and I see the point your trying to make, but being a 22-3A fan who has watched Coldpsring over the years and I watched Carthage in 10' on tv and i actually went to the Coldspring vs Wimberley game and was going for Coldspring both games. Now that I've said that so you dont shoot me down so easily, I've also seen LaMarque, I saw them beat Ozen and I saw them lose to Manvel, and Wimberley in 11 was nothing compared to LaMarque on O or D. If i had to scale them 1-10 say LaMarque was a 9 then i'd mark Wimberley at a 5 and 2010 Carthage at 7, so with that being said I don't believe Coldspring has ever experienced a D that will prepare them for LaMarque.
[/quote]
I guess we will see on Friday.  But I still think Coldspring will pull out a win.  They are definitely going to have to change some things from what they did against Navasota, but we have a great coaching staff and they will have the boys ready.

I have seen La Marque on video and yes they are very quick and athletic up front and very quick in the secondard.  I dont think they are any better than Carthage in 2010 and I would rank them right there with Navasota this year. I think if we fix some of our problems from the Navasota game we can beat them.  I dont think La Marque is really that good offensively.  They have athletes outside and a good little back, but there offensive line is very suspect.  The QB is gonna be under pressure all night long and the running game will probably get shut down just like Navasota.  Their QB does not throw as well as the Navasota QB.  This is all coming from what I saw on film of them. 

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1268122" timestamp="1347419607"]
Lamarque. 28-21
[/quote]
Nav had a great offense and defense but CS had a senior fs out that changed up there secondary. Not taking away anything from Nav but 3 of those quick scores may or may not of happened. LaMarque is a great team just hoping its going to be a close game, both teams have been in big games so I dont think it will be a blow out (hopefully).

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1268090" timestamp="1347417795"]
I have seen La Marque on video and yes they are very quick and athletic up front and very quick in the secondard.  I dont think they are any better than Carthage in 2010 and I would rank them right there with Navasota this year. I think if we fix some of our problems from the Navasota game we can beat them.  I dont think La Marque is really that good offensively.  They have athletes outside and a good little back, but there offensive line is very suspect.  The QB is gonna be under pressure all night long and the running game will probably get shut down just like Navasota.  Their QB does not throw as well as the Navasota QB.  This is all coming from what I saw on film of them.
[/quote]

Before I respond I want to say I have a lot of respect for Coldspring and their program...you don't go 28-3 the last 2 years without having it together.

Now...my thoughts on your post...I will agree with some of your points on the offense.  They are VERY young.  Our coaches have said all year that it would take 4-5 games for them to mesh...they only returned 2 starters on that side of the ball.  Having said that...I would bet in the 2nd half of the season and in the playoffs that your opinion of how good they are might change a little. That are averaging 34.5 points a game being "not very good" and if LM sees CS in the area round all those sophomores and juniors might just have it together and be truly scary.

The other thing to keep in mind...how is Coldspring going to stand up to the pace of the LM offense.  If you haven't seen them in person and what film would not show you is that they are the most up-tempo team you will see at the high school level.  If any of your kids go 2-ways and are suspect to cramping...well I'll let you see for yourself Friday night.

Finally, there is one big difference in Navasota and LM.  Navasota (who is a GREAT program as well) is a throw first team.  LM prides themselves on being a physical, tough team that can also throw.  Big difference.  They try to physically and mentally wear the other team down with their defense and their fast pace on offense. I am curious how the Coldspring front 7 handles the pace and LM coming right at them as the game wears on.

In my opinion, for what it's worth...I want to see how if the Coldpsring kids will wear down from having to play so many snaps while LM has zero 2 way starters, and I want to see if Coldspring can throw the ball against LM.  If they can't throw and LM knows it...it will be very difficult to move the football consistently.

But that's why the play the games on the field.  Everyone from CS have a safe trip down to Etheredge Friday night.

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1267960" timestamp="1347409095"]
LM 21 to 34
CS 10
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that Carthage in '10 and Wimberley in '11 have prepared CS offense for the LaMarque defense.  I know they weren't LaMarque, but both did win the state championship that year.  I bet the game against Navasota last week has also helped to prepare CS for LaMarque.  I am not saying LaMarque is not a good team, and may beat Coldspring by 20 points this week, but I bet the Trojans have seen as good of a team in the last 2 years.  I guess we have to wait till friday to find out.  I still think the Trojans win.
[/quote] Sorry i should have been more specific. I dont know much about Coldspring as a program because as we know La marque has been 4A for the longest while. What i meant was that they haven't seen a defense as vicious as La marque's this season, and though they return a lot of their starters from last year we still have to remember that this is La marque, your comparing team's from two years ago to this years team... but 2 years ago La marque was the state 4a division III runner up next to aledo. So either way Coldspring has a huge mountain to climb, but by no means am i saying there is no hope. Coldspring isnt ranked #6 in 3a for nothing... I expect everything to be left on the field, will be a great game. Goodluck to both teams.

[quote name="captredass" post="1266737" timestamp="1347297265"]
Coldspring will need to pass the ball. If they can complete 5 passes the score will be [b]Coldspring by 12[/b], but if they only attempt and/or complete 2 passes, LaMarque by at least 21. Coldspring has to complete passes to keep the linebackers and safeties from crashing the box but the predictable QB roll-outs will not work but once or twice, the rest have to be three step drops or shotgun by the QB to have time to pass. Coldspring will still do the scat-trap but I think will pass more this game. [b]Coldspring by 12 points.[/b]
[/quote]

WELL SAID  ;)

This game reminded me of sweet and sour chicken in a sense.. The competition between these two teams lived up the hype, and as a result it took an overtime score to decide it all.. That was the sweet part. But if we could just be realistic for a second and really think about this....  La marque had this game under wraps. It was the inexcusable penalties by la marque that allowed coldspring to walk out of that stadium with the "w". I dont think i have ever seen THAT many yellow flags thrown at a la marque team in my whole 10 years of living in this county. Yet, somehow we managed to keep the score tied almost the whole game... It's almost scary to imagine what La marque "Could" do if we could just be more disciplined and executed better on offense. There is no reason for your QB to have more rushing yards that your RB when he is fully capable of being a threat himself, what kind of offensive game plann was that ? i really don't know, but i still have faith in what our coaches are doing with the kids and i do see improvements being made every week so only time will tell. Ultimately we beat ourselves... not to take anything away from the trojans but we let this one slip away and coldspring being the talented team that they are took advantage. I hope we meet again, 'redemption' will be the word of the day. Great game

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1272451" timestamp="1347725157"]
This game reminded me of sweet and sour chicken in a sense.. The competition between these two teams lived up the hype, and as a result it took an overtime score to decide it all.. That was the sweet part. But if we could just be realistic for a second and really think about this....  La marque had this game under wraps. It was [b]the inexcusable penalties by la marque[/b] that allowed coldspring to walk out of that stadium with the "w". I dont think i have ever seen THAT many yellow flags thrown at a la marque team in my whole 10 years of living in this county. Yet, somehow we managed to keep the score tied almost the whole game... It's almost scary to imagine what La marque "Could" do if we could just be more disciplined and executed better on offense. There is no reason for your QB to have more rushing yards that your RB when he is fully capable of being a threat himself, what kind of offensive game plann was that ? i really don't know, but i still have faith in what our coaches are doing with the kids and i do see improvements being made every week so only time will tell. Ultimately we beat ourselves... not to take anything away from the trojans but we let this one slip away and coldspring being the talented team that they are took advantage. I hope we meet again, 'redemption' will be the word of the day. Great game
[/quote]

Both teams committed some stupid penalties, but for a change I thought the officials did a pretty good job of calling the game.  Most of the flags were thrown on obvious penalties that could be seen from anywhere in the stadium.  All open field holds or personal fouls.  Not so sure that the officials were convinced La Marque liked their officiating though.  That is the fastest I have ever seen a set of refs leave the field after a game.  They sprinted to the locker room as soon as they signaled touchdown and were gone.  Both teams are going to need to buckle down and play smarter and hold on to the ball better if they want to go all the way.  The late hits for 15 yards are a killer, and have to be eliminated.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho