best players in the area

Word is that the Dishon kid is fast' date=' great arm, and excellent athete. Many say he is legite D 1 and probably high draft pick...[/quote']

The description of Dishon is accurate. He is probably the fastest baseball player in the area, an wonderful athlete and a high-caliber arm from CF. He is still refining his pitching. His weakness is his offensive game which (right now) relies very much on his speed (and won't play nearly as well at higher levels) and the occassional power surge he shows (i.e. 2 HR @ Kelly Tournament). He is a legitimate D1 (and D1 at a major baseball school) and may get looks for the draft. Whether he is a 'high draft pick' is a stretch but he's still got over a year to develop baseball-wise. Very good athlete.

With all due respect, i would have to disagree with assumption that dishon is a legitimate D1(and D1 at a major baseball school) at this point in his career

The term DI is used so often that it becomes tarnished....There is a big difference in a guy who gets books from McNeese and a guy who get books from a Big XII or SEC school...

I believe DI guys have 'It' and they have it from the time that they are young

IMO there are better centerfielders in our area

thanks,

muchacho

i agree that this area is full of talent, but Josh Gardiner, and Dede Lott

have to be in mix with some of these names in this area.

Josh is pithing real good and batting avg.347 real impressive ha

Dede lott although not pitching alot is batting avg. 650 with 2hrs

one hommer oppo 380 the other dead center over the lights.

not saying that they should be with the fisrt team but with some of the names i hear they are right there. :D

Guest BobcatBeliever

I'm with you on Dishon and Coleman. They definitely deserve to be listed in that top 10. But, as this season progresses, watch that kid, Rober Shellhammer, the catcher from Jasper....He's one tough kid.

Guest BobcatBeliever

Muchachoenelcielo

You obviously don't know ANYTHING at all about the Dishon kid.....talent or character wise. The one thing you said correctly though, is that D1 talent is displayed at a very young age, and I've been watching the Dishon kid play baseball since he was 7 years old. He most definitely has that talent. Give him some credit.

I understand that there is a difference amongst D1 programs. Texas is a different level than Sam Houston, for example (other than they both wear orange). Still, a player at any D1 school is still a pretty fair country ballplayer.

As far as Dishon, he is a definite D1 player (although more as an athlete than anything). I love his speed (it is a 'plus' tool) and his arm is upwards to 90 from the OF. Personally, his offense is the part of his game which gives him the most difficulty as far as the next level. His athleticism probably overcomes this. By the way, he as already got 'the' letter which states the D1 program is prepared to offer him a 'full ride' to play baseball. For those of you who understand the realities of the 11.7 scholarship rule, that is remarkable. That school is currently ranked #1 in the nation. And has a long history of success at a national level. I think he fits the description of a 'legitimate D1 prospect'.

At times, he may be overrated simply because his 'plus' talents overcome his 'above average' talents. That is particularly true when he plays at a 3A school. Still, a great, great talent....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder