COLDSPRING-OAKHURST AT NAVASOTA BROADCAST/NAVASOTA WINS! 36-8

WOSgrad

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That will probably about do it. Hate to say it with still 9 mins left but I've seen nothing from this years offense that makes me think they are capable of coming back from 3 td's down. Navasota is just too much for CS tonight.

I guess what goes around comes around. CS has handed out some major beatdowns the last several years. Looks like it's their turn to take one tonight.

This dont look good for us.  We really need to do a better job up front blocking for these new backs.  Nothing happening up front in the trenches.  Also turnovers kill us and we have to eliminate them.  The defense for the most part played lights out tonight.  We got a tough stretch here we just need to play through it and get better. 

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1264390" timestamp="1347077522"]
[quote author=indian15/16 link=topic=102669.msg1264370#msg1264370 date=1347077218]
Good old fashion beat down! That's all u can say. It was bound to happen ooner or later.
[/quote]if CS had the depth they woulda had a chance
[/quote]That won't fly, because every losing team tonight could have an "if" list and it would be a mile long.

Our pass defense will improve a bit when #3 comes back healthy.
With him out tonight, it opened a hole.  Had to move the CB #4 over to safety to make up for #3 being out, and #4 was definitely missed out on the edge tonight.  He is a great corner back and very easily could have made a difference on a couple of long pass completions by Navasota.  Other than that, we have to block better and just execute.  We put the ball on the ground way too much tonight.  We were lucky to get a bunch back, but fumbled most of the kick offs or punts we got tonight. 
Navasota definitely came ready to play and just flat gave us a good ole fashion butt whoopin.  I hate to see us lose, but this may be what we needed to get the kids minds right and make them work a little bit more to make sure it doesn't happen again.  The best thing that happened to us 2 years ago was Kirbyville beating us in pre-district.  After that the team seemed to work harder and pushed through to Dallas.  This is by no means the beginning of the end and the Trojans will be back.

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1264516" timestamp="1347082020"]
Our pass defense will improve a bit when #3 comes back healthy.
With him out tonight, it opened a hole.  Had to move the CB #4 over to safety to make up for #3 being out, and #4 was definitely missed out on the edge tonight.  He is a great corner back and very easily could have made a difference on a couple of long pass completions by Navasota.  Other than that, we have to block better and just execute.  We put the ball on the ground way too much tonight.  We were lucky to get a bunch back, but fumbled most of the kick offs or punts we got tonight. 
Navasota definitely came ready to play and just flat gave us a good ole fashion butt whoopin.  I hate to see us lose, but this may be what we needed to get the kids minds right and make them work a little bit more to make sure it doesn't happen again.  The best thing that happened to us 2 years ago was Kirbyville beating us in pre-district.  After that the team seemed to work harder and pushed through to Dallas.  This is by no means the beginning of the end and the Trojans will be back.
[/quote] Good luck to the Trojans, but that was Coldspring first time ever in their school history defeating us and i still got a sour taste in our mouth. I just knew we were headed to the big dance that year... ;D

I was at the game and I was disgusted at what I saw. At what point did we forget how to tackle? And how to block? There's people out there that have no business being out there. During kickoffs and punts they would get down there fast just to let them go right by. The only bright spot was getting to the qb. Coaching was horrendous. Please do not let #2 touch the ball anymore. Put #15 on jv. Coldspring will get hammered next week if we play like the last 2.

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1264547" timestamp="1347083503"]
I was at the game and I was disgusted at what I saw. At what point did we forget how to tackle? And how to block? There's people out there that have no business being out there. During kickoffs and punts they would get down there fast just to let them go right by. The only bright spot was getting to the qb. Coaching was horrendous. Please do not let #2 touch the ball anymore. Put #15 on jv. Coldspring will get hammered next week if we play like the last 2.
[/quote]  ;D ;D ;D ;D...its gonna happen my friend.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder