Shepherd vs Woodville????

SRP1

Didn't Woodville just loose to New Waverly?  I would say Shepherd is much improved over last year. If you had watched them any last year, you would say they are much improved. I think Shepherd played New Waverly in a scrimmage this year also.

[quote name="idk" post="1260262" timestamp="1346777653"]
Didn't Woodville just loose to New Waverly?  I would say Shepherd is much improved over last year. If you had watched them any last year, you would say they are much improved. I think Shepherd played New Waverly in a scrimmage this year also.
[/quote]
Yes. And I saw Woodville beat Shepherd and shut-out Kountze last year. Based on recent history, the talent Shepherd has, the talent Woodville has, the coaching on both sides, and the quality of opponent that each team lost to last week, id have to say Woodville handle's them pretty easily. But, I could be wrong. Anything can happen. Predictions are opinions and opinions only.

It was just a scrimmage and yes Shepherd did better than New Waverly (7-2). I was trying to make a point to Eagle that Shepherd is much improved. I wouldn't judge them off of just the first game. Cause from what I seen Kountze was much improved from last year also.

Eagle, Really? The Coaching, are you aware that Shepherd has a new coaching staff this year? I saw the Woodville vs Shepherd game last year. Last year was last year. I do agree that predictions are opinions and I would not expect you to say Shepherd would beat Woodville. OH and if Woodville was to play Kountze I would have to take Kountze in that one.

[quote name="idk" post="1260268" timestamp="1346778295"]
It was just a scrimmage and yes [b]Shepherd did better than New Waverly[/b] (7-2). I was trying to make a point to Eagle that Shepherd is much improved. I wouldn't judge them off of just the first game. Cause from what I seen Kountze was much improved from last year also.
[/quote]
Thats a matter of opinion. Im sure someone that supported NW would say the exact opposite. Like I said, if you base your decision off of what I threw out there in my last post, you have to go with Woodville. But thats not 100% me saying they absolutely will win...no. But I will definitely say would has the edge coming into this one and I believe they will win it, and possibly blow it wide open.
On another note, I heard that Kntz was improved also. How were they improved over last year's squad??

[quote name="idk" post="1260272" timestamp="1346778501"]
Eagle, Really? The Coaching, are you aware that Shepherd has a new coaching staff this year? I saw the Woodville vs Shepherd game last year. Last year was last year. I do agree that predictions are opinions and I would not expect you to say Shepherd would beat Woodville. OH and if Woodville was to play Kountze I would have to take Kountze in that one.
[/quote]
Yes, I am fully aware. And [u]new[/u] is the key word. You expect a team to be that improved this early into a new coaching staff? Dont get your hopes up. And of course you would take Kountze in that one, having not seen Woodville play and having your team get beat by them last week. lol

Eagle, I will agree with you to a point. But yes a new coach can improve you greatly over a 1-9 season. I am not talking about the talent. I am talking about having a group of players that will play their hearts out for you and work endlessly to make sure they do everything they can. Will they beat Woodville, that remains to be seen. Will Woodville say at the end of the game that this years team is improved over last years squad, I do believe they will.  Don't get me wrong, saying a team is greatly improved does not always mean in the win and loss colum. Even though in todays world that is the only thing that matters. The last few years in Shepherd the boys played for just themselves, they didn't respect the coach and hated to be around him. They now have a group of coaches that motivate them not berate them. There is a big difference to a team that plays for the sake of playing and a team that plays with emotion and tons of heart and a chip on their shoulder. I have been around the block a few times so I am not getting my hopes up, I keep telling everyone it will take a few years to develope the talent. Unlike Coldspring who has all the talent in the world Shepherd has to develope theirs. So building a program into a real contender and being improved is not in the same vocabulary right now.

I hope it is just as good a game as last weeks. Good Luck to both teams and hope to have an injury free one. Oh and I would still picked Kountze even though they beat us last week. They are a few play makers over there that are going to be pretty good.

I posted on the game thread. I do believe he was the freshman QB that they brought into the game. If that is who you are talking about, he is going to be something special to watch for the next 4 years. Great speed and throws pretty well. He was the differnce in the game in the second half. His cut back speed and him being able to see the entire field was really good. Also #1 would put a lick on you if he gets the chance.

I think Shepherd wins this one. They are way better than last year. I saw them play against Woodville last season and Shepherd looked like a 1a team out there. Definitely not that way this year. I believe Woodville is gonna be surprised by what they see Friday night. I know I was last week

[quote name="belle-mere" post="1260601" timestamp="1346803072"]
I'm going with Shepherd because of their impressive showing against Kountze, especially after a year as bad as the last. Good luck to both teams. It should be a good game.
[/quote]
I agree with Idk 100%. But you, please tell me how if Kountze beat Shepherd and Woodville shutout Kountze last year, that it shows that Shepherd will beat Woodville. I do agree both of those teams are improved, but so is Woodville. And on the note of the fish QB...if he keeps his head on straight, he will be phenomenal by his senior year. Kid threw a 60 yard TD pass against us his eighth grade year lol that's crazy.

Eagle, I don't recall saying Shepherd would beat Woodville. All I said was they were improved over last year. I never picked a winner. I have also said that cause they are improved doesn't mean that it turns into wins this year. I do believe they program is on the right track but that it will take a few years to see the true results. Eagle I never said that Shepherd was goign to beat Woodville, what I said was at the end of the game the folks from Woodville will agree that Shepherd is an improved team from last year. I seen Shepherd play, Kountze play and Woodville play last year. So I said that I would pick Kountze to beat Woodville. Nothing in my post said Shepherd would win.

As for CSN I don't recall anyone from Shepherd talking, we were having a discussion about being improved. But I do agree that until they start winning nothing they say will matter to anyone outside of Shepherd.

[quote name="idk" post="1260893" timestamp="1346846676"]
Eagle, I don't recall saying Shepherd would beat Woodville. All I said was they were improved over last year. I never picked a winner. I have also said that cause they are improved doesn't mean that it turns into wins this year. I do believe they program is on the right track but that it will take a few years to see the true results. Eagle I never said that Shepherd was goign to beat Woodville, what I said was at the end of the game the folks from Woodville will agree that Shepherd is an improved team from last year. I seen Shepherd play, Kountze play and Woodville play last year. So I said that I would pick Kountze to beat Woodville. Nothing in my post said Shepherd would win.

As for CSN I don't recall anyone from Shepherd talking, we were having a discussion about being improved. But I do agree that until they start winning nothing they say will matter to anyone outside of Shepherd.
[/quote]
That comment wasn't directed towards you.,sorry I wasn't clearer.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder