Hull-Daisetta

Guest incognito123

Guest incognito123
If the information I just received is true, the HD Bobcats are going to be a lot better than a lot of people expect this year.

Them Batson boys better get an extra snap on their chin straps because HD will coming hard!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BringThePain" post="1233950" timestamp="1341505443"]
If the information I just received is true, the HD Bobcats are going to be a lot better than a lot of people expect this year.

Them Batson boys better get an extra snap on their chin straps because HD will coming hard!
[/quote]

;D ;D

Guest incognito123
[quote name="First Down" post="1233974" timestamp="1341512863"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=100826.msg1233950#msg1233950 date=1341505443]

[/quote]

;D ;D
[/quote]

Do you know of what I speak? 

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BringThePain" post="1233977" timestamp="1341513535"]
[quote author=First Down link=topic=100826.msg1233974#msg1233974 date=1341512863]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=100826.msg1233950#msg1233950 date=1341505443]

[/quote]

;D ;D
[/quote]

Do you know of what I speak?
[/quote]

check pm

[quote name="Colmesneilfan1" post="1234276" timestamp="1341647847"]
lol...dave campbell got them bobcats DAL.....
[/quote]That's old news, guess this next time we will beat Colmesneil 70-0. lol. Cause 70-14 wasn't good enough.  ::) ;) P.S. Thanks Dave... right where we want to be.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I agree with the folks who've already chimed in that tradition plays a big part in a team's success. Being from the small town of Daisetta I know what this is all about. In the tiny community of Hull-Daisetta, Bobcat football is LIFE. We don't have a full time gas station, a stop light, or a place to get a steak, but boy do we love our high school football. The town itself isn't built around a courthouse or a town square, it's built around Bobcat stadium. I remember being in elementary school and knowing every player on the varsity team and wanting to be just like them. At 7 years old, you learn that being a Bobcat is something special, and something that not many people can claim, so you are a chosen one. You learn it's not alright to lose to Hardin or West Hardin (whether that's a good thing for kids to be taught or not), and that you will one day carry the hopes and dreams of an entire community on your shoulders every friday night. Five of my best friends in the world began kindergarden with me and after 13 years of school and friendship and 6 years of blood, sweat and tears on the gridiron, we had the priviledge to walk across the graduating stage together as Bobcats. My great-grandmother, God willing will be 94 years old this Halloween and she was a Hull-Daisetta graduate in 1933, and my great grandfather, years past graduated in 1932 as a Bobcat. Many summers back when my great grand-dad was lying on his deathbed in a houston hospital in a coma with no signs of life, my mom told him that the boys had shaved their heads to show brotherhood and commitment for the team and the upcoming season. She took his hand and rubbed it on my head, as his eyes remained closed, tears began to pour from mine. Then suddenly his eyes opened and he regained contiousness and smiled. He loved nothing more than Bobcat football and I feel like that was what brought him back to us for a short time, before he passed two days later. Stories of pride and tradition run abundant throughout our little po-dunk town, and that's what makes it special to us. My grandparents and parents went to HD and one day my children will wear the red and black as well. We don't have a fancy auditorium with surround sound or a giant stadium with shiny new bleachers to seat thousands, but we have something that's sacred to us, something that is passed on generation to generation. We still live in a place where kids are proud to wear their jerseys down the street on game day, with old folks patting them on the back, shaking hands and wishing them luck. We still live in a place where everyone knows everyone else, and the friday night lights are the only draw in town, and everyone is there. A senior citizen bus travels to each away game followed by convoys of former Bobcats each away game to support our young warriors as they take to the field of battle on friday nights. Home games are usually standing room only, and fans of all ages, races and backgrounds pack the stands in support. Hull-Daisetta vs. West Hardin is our own version of Mid County Madness and nobody misses that game, not for any reason. Each year a different group of young men get to experience this magical feeling in our little sinkhole layden town that is inexplainable to all outsiders. Alot of people will say, we should get a life, or move on, or whatever you want to call it, but they just dont' know what it's all about. Whether our oil fields run dry, the crime rate is up, or the stock market is down, it doesnt' matter as long as the Bobcats are playing on those cool fall friday nights.

Written By: H-D Bobcat 9, my brother, teammate and best friend.

…there is no limit, to what can be accomplished, when nobody cares who gets the credit…

I grew up in Southeast Texas in Huffman. With a few exceptions I have lived in East Texas for most of my life. I played little league football through high school and have been involved in football in some capacity for my adult life. As a boy in high school I was aware that there was a community/town somewhere around Liberty named Hull-Daisetta. I never heard or knew much about the town as they were considered insignificant. I was aware that they played football but did not know much beyond that. I always knew that the only significant team in the area was Liberty or to some extent Hardin-Jefferson. I wonder if anyone outside of Hull-Daisetta views Hull-Daisetta as some traditional football power? I know I sure dont.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1238801" timestamp="1343005146"]
I grew up in Southeast Texas in Huffman. With a few exceptions I have lived in East Texas for most of my life. I played little league football through high school and have been involved in football in some capacity for my adult life. As a boy in high school I was aware that there was a community/town somewhere around Liberty named Hull-Daisetta. I never heard or knew much about the town as they were considered insignificant. I was aware that they played football but did not know much beyond that. I always knew that the only significant team in the area was Liberty or to some extent Hardin-Jefferson. I wonder if anyone outside of Hull-Daisetta views Hull-Daisetta as some traditional football power? I know I sure dont.
[/quote]Classy. Sorry you failed to see how great that write up was. I travel Texas as a Project Safety Manager. Almost every time I tell someone I am from Hull-Daisetta, they immediately talk about the Hull-Daisetta Bobcat football team. Usually they are older men 40-70 years old and they usually talk about the 43 game NATIONAL winning streak( national record at that time), the 61 State Championship game, the 79 State Champs or the 500 plus victories(7th all-time 1A). Guess there has not been any reason for 89Falcon to ever consider H-D relevant. lmao! I now see why he thought Liberty and Hardin Jefferson had a better tradition. lol! You must have been living under a rock. H-D has a storied past and tradition. You my friend may need to research your area football archives. Hull-Daisetta is a special place to play. Check out these links. http://www.hdisd.net/docs/1-1930s%20Record.pdf
Hull-Daisetta High School is the only team from Liberty county to win a state championship in Class 1A Football by defeating China Spring by a score of Hull-Daisetta 28, China Springs 18 in the 1979 UIL state football championship game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hull-Daisetta_Independent_School_District

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1238758" timestamp="1342992778"]
I agree with the folks who've already chimed in that tradition plays a big part in a team's success. Being from the small town of Daisetta I know what this is all about. In the tiny community of Hull-Daisetta, Bobcat football is LIFE. We don't have a full time gas station, a stop light, or a place to get a steak, but boy do we love our high school football. The town itself isn't built around a courthouse or a town square, it's built around Bobcat stadium. I remember being in elementary school and knowing every player on the varsity team and wanting to be just like them. At 7 years old, you learn that being a Bobcat is something special, and something that not many people can claim, so you are a chosen one. You learn it's not alright to lose to Hardin or West Hardin (whether that's a good thing for kids to be taught or not), and that you will one day carry the hopes and dreams of an entire community on your shoulders every friday night. Five of my best friends in the world began kindergarden with me and after 13 years of school and friendship and 6 years of blood, sweat and tears on the gridiron, we had the priviledge to walk across the graduating stage together as Bobcats. My great-grandmother, God willing will be 94 years old this Halloween and she was a Hull-Daisetta graduate in 1933, and my great grandfather, years past graduated in 1932 as a Bobcat. Many summers back when my great grand-dad was lying on his deathbed in a houston hospital in a coma with no signs of life, my mom told him that the boys had shaved their heads to show brotherhood and commitment for the team and the upcoming season. She took his hand and rubbed it on my head, as his eyes remained closed, tears began to pour from mine. Then suddenly his eyes opened and he regained contiousness and smiled. He loved nothing more than Bobcat football and I feel like that was what brought him back to us for a short time, before he passed two days later. Stories of pride and tradition run abundant throughout our little po-dunk town, and that's what makes it special to us. My grandparents and parents went to HD and one day my children will wear the red and black as well. We don't have a fancy auditorium with surround sound or a giant stadium with shiny new bleachers to seat thousands, but we have something that's sacred to us, something that is passed on generation to generation. We still live in a place where kids are proud to wear their jerseys down the street on game day, with old folks patting them on the back, shaking hands and wishing them luck. We still live in a place where everyone knows everyone else, and the friday night lights are the only draw in town, and everyone is there. A senior citizen bus travels to each away game followed by convoys of former Bobcats each away game to support our young warriors as they take to the field of battle on friday nights. Home games are usually standing room only, and fans of all ages, races and backgrounds pack the stands in support. Hull-Daisetta vs. West Hardin is our own version of Mid County Madness and nobody misses that game, not for any reason. Each year a different group of young men get to experience this magical feeling in our little sinkhole layden town that is inexplainable to all outsiders. Alot of people will say, we should get a life, or move on, or whatever you want to call it, but they just dont' know what it's all about. Whether our oil fields run dry, the crime rate is up, or the stock market is down, it doesnt' matter as long as the Bobcats are playing on those cool fall friday nights.

Written By: H-D Bobcat 9, my brother, teammate and best friend.

…there is no limit, to what can be accomplished, when nobody cares who gets the credit…
[/quote]

Great post. Goose bumps 55.
Good luck to the Bobcats!

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1238897" timestamp="1343052400"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=101188.msg1238801#msg1238801 date=1343005146]
[/quote]Classy. Sorry you failed to see how great that write up was. I travel Texas as a Project Safety Manager. Almost every time I tell someone I am from Hull-Daisetta, they immediately talk about the Hull-Daisetta Bobcat football team. Usually they are older men 40-70 years old and they usually talk about the 43 game NATIONAL winning streak( national record at that time), the 61 State Championship game, the 79 State Champs or the 500 plus victories(7th all-time 1A). Guess there has not been any reason for 89Falcon to ever consider H-D relevant. lmao! I now see why he thought Liberty and Hardin Jefferson had a better tradition. lol! You must have been living under a rock. H-D has a storied past and tradition. You my friend may need to research your area football archives. Hull-Daisetta is a special place to play. Check out these links. http://www.hdisd.net/docs/1-1930s%20Record.pdf
Hull-Daisetta High School is the only team from Liberty county to win a state championship in Class 1A Football by defeating China Spring by a score of Hull-Daisetta 28, China Springs 18 in the 1979 UIL state football championship game.
[/quote]
I dont think I said anything at all about tradition at HJ or Liberty. I said "significant". HD has as much tradition as Harvard and Yale in college football. Just like HD, Harvard and Yale's tradition is in the past and not in the present. You do understand that are several programs that have won multiple state championships since HD won their last one? The accomplishments of these other programs dwarf the accomplishments of HD back when the majority of the population were small children or unborn. Good luck staying out of your picked position of last place. Hopefully the tradition of HD will scare Colmesneil, West Hardin and the rest of the powerhouses.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1239103" timestamp="1343079231"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=101188.msg1238897#msg1238897 date=1343052400]
[/quote]
I dont think I said anything at all about tradition at HJ or Liberty. I said "significant". HD has as much tradition as Harvard and Yale in college football. Just like HD, Harvard and Yale's tradition is in the past and not in the present. You do understand that are several programs that have won multiple state championships since HD won their last one? The accomplishments of these other programs dwarf the accomplishments of HD back when the majority of the population were small children or unborn. Good luck staying out of your picked position of last place. Hopefully the tradition of HD will scare Colmesneil, West Hardin and the rest of the powerhouses.
[/quote]Thanks for the kind words. We will try to be "significant". lol

HD Bobcat i don't think anyone was trying to make the Bobcats seem insignificant .. but the point is every year all we hear from you is about your Bobcats .. Well guess what every person on this page loves football and loves their team .. Every team has their own tradition from Evadale's Midnight Practices to the "L" Train Horn Blowing for a touchdown. Although I am moved at the pride you show and the heart felt story That HD 9 posted we all have that same feeling of pride and joy when our teams take the field..I know that for me Graduating from West Hardin and having my sons wear their jersey's is an amazing feeling. Good luck to all the teams this year .. Play with dignity and good sportsmanship.. You are the Boys of Fall .. Mopat Make Mama Proud !!!!

[quote name="raiderfan2010" post="1239203" timestamp="1343100694"]
HD Bobcat i don't think anyone was trying to make the Bobcats seem insignificant .. but the point is every year all we hear from you is about your Bobcats .. Well guess what every person on this page loves football and loves their team .. Every team has their own tradition from Evadale's Midnight Practices to the "L" Train Horn Blowing for a touchdown. Although I am moved at the pride you show and the heart felt story That HD 9 posted we all have that same feeling of pride and joy when our teams take the field..I know that for me Graduating from West Hardin and having my sons wear their jersey's is an amazing feeling. Good luck to all the teams this year .. Play with dignity and good sportsmanship.. You are the Boys of Fall .. Mopat Make Mama Proud !!!!
[/quote]He clearly said that H-D was insignificant to him, growing up in Liberty county. Good post overall raiderfan.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1238801" timestamp="1343005146"]
[/quote]

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I would like to offer my thoughts. I grew up in and went to HS school in Shelby County in the 50's. We had all heard of Hull-Daisetta football. Sorry to say we had never heard of Huffman or Liberty.

Jay Arnold put Liberty on the map for me when he played for UT in the 70's. Never hear of Huffman until the early 90'. 

I worked internationally for years and ran across HD grads all over the world. 

[quote name="Grayghost" post="1239306" timestamp="1343140133"]
[/quote]

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I would like to offer my thoughts. I grew up in and went to HS school in Shelby County in the 50's. We had all heard of Hull-Daisetta football. Sorry to say we had never heard of Huffman or Liberty.

Jay Arnold put Liberty on the map for me when he played for UT in the 70's. Never hear of Huffman until the early 90'. 

[/quote]Great post Grayghost. I find it amazing how I run into H-D folks all over Texas and meet people all the time that comment about our past football history and ongoing football tradition. Alot of good hard working people have come out of this small community.

Well, Huffman Hargraves was a really good team in the 80's with a running back Greg Moore I believe.

Every school has their fans that love that team and everything about the Friday Night experience. I grew up in Baytown and never missed a Lee game.....great times. Lee had some great teams. The key word is had. Apparently HD has HAD some great teams but in the distant past. I lived in Thicket for 13 years and know the WH/HD rivalry well. While it is a huge deal in those communities it is of little significance outside of those 2 small communities. HD has a rich history and a community that loves to go watch the games but the piney woods is where the significance ends.

[quote name="Grayghost" post="1239306" timestamp="1343140133"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I think I acknowledged that HD was good back when most of the population was unborn or small children just like Harvard and Yale were National Title contenders. Huffman in the mid 80s was strong program with Greg Moore who at the time was the 7th leading rusher in state history and went on to play LB at TCU. The current issue is who thinks of football power when they think of HD? Most people not in West Hardin, Deweyville, Warren, etc think of an "automatic win" when they think of HD.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1239441" timestamp="1343164749"]
[quote author=Grayghost link=topic=101188.msg1239306#msg1239306 date=1343140133]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I think I acknowledged that HD was good back when most of the population was unborn or small children just like Harvard and Yale were National Title contenders. Huffman in the mid 80s was strong program with Greg Moore who at the time was the 7th leading rusher in state history and went on to play LB at TCU. The current issue is who thinks of football power when they think of HD? Most people not in West Hardin, Deweyville, Warren, etc think of an "automatic win" when they think of HD.
[/quote]One thing is for sure, H-D has never been an automatic win. You talk to a real knowleadable highschool football fan or Coach, he will tell you H-D is always a salty hard nosed team that will hit you in the mouth. The last 4 years we been down to just being average. I remember us blowing teams out almost every game all through the 90's and early 2000's. Seems like Alto or Groveton would always end our seasons early. 89 Falcon shows his cards again, lol. Brother we ain't number 7 in wins for nothing, sell that shiznit somewhere else. Over 520 victories. You reaching lil buddy. lol

H-D Bobcatt 55 does Charles Land still live their, he was a huge bobcat supporter back in the 90's. And a good guy. You are right the folks that live their are sure proud of were they came from and their football.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics