Hull-Daisetta Hiring Committee for AD/HC/FINNEY HIRED AS NEW AD/HC!!

I realize choosing 6 applicants out of 57 is tough. But I can't understand why you would not grant, a former H-D defensive coach with a State Championship under his belt an interview. Also a H-D alumnus was not granted an interview. Coaches Stan Hodges from WOS and Randall Birdwell from Anahauc were not given interviews. WOW! I was Coached at H-D by Stan Hodges, what a passionate man! I played football at HD with Coach Randy Birdwell, great man. Both these men know first hand the pride and tradition at H-D. No other person on that list to my knowledge, has a State Championship, only Coach Hodges. Randy Birdwell to my knowledge, was the only H-D alumnus on that list. That respect alone and the good job he has done at Anahauc, should have got him an interview.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brannon Kidd is an interesting man. He was a 4 year football starter at SMU in the 90's, he played center. He played for a short time in the NFL, his brother played for the Houston Oilers. He recently Coached at Wichita Falls. Very sharp and good man. Hope H-D hires him. Also Kevin Hathaway from LaMarque and Michael Broussard from Lumberton are very impressive.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1200441" timestamp="1332428422"]
Brannon Kidd is an interesting man. He was a 4 year football starter at SMU in the 90's, he played center. He played for a short time in the NFL, his brother played for the Houston Oilers. He recently Coached at Wichita Falls. Very sharp and good man. Hope H-D hires him. Also Kevin Hathaway from LaMarque and Michael Broussard from Lumberton are very impressive.
[/quote]
So you were on the interviewing panel!

[quote name="goodtimes" post="1200459" timestamp="1332432298"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=97862.msg1200441#msg1200441 date=1332428422]
[/quote]
So you were on the interviewing panel!
[/quote]No.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1200409" timestamp="1332424825"]
I realize choosing 6 applicants out of 57 is tough. But I can't understand why you would not grant, a former H-D defensive coach with a State Championship under his belt an interview. Also a H-D alumnus was not granted an interview. Coaches Stan Hodges from WOS and Randall Birdwell from Anahauc were not given interviews. WOW! I was Coached at H-D by Stan Hodges, what a passionate man! I played football at HD with Coach Randy Birdwell, great man. Both these men know first hand the pride and tradition at H-D. No other person on that list to my knowledge, has a State Championship, only Coach Hodges. Randy Birdwell to my knowledge, was the only H-D alumnus on that list. That respect alone and the good job he has done at Anahauc, should have got him an interview.
[/quote]

To be such a passionate bobcat supporter...you're not very supportive.  Why don't you just trust that the school administration will make the right decision.

Also..  since you are indeed the "definition" of a true bobcat.. why weren't you asked to be on the hiring committee?

[quote name="knows2much" post="1200982" timestamp="1332507786"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=97862.msg1200409#msg1200409 date=1332424825]
[/quote]

To be such a passionate bobcat supporter...you're not very supportive.  Why don't you just trust that the school administration will make the right decision.

Also..  since you are indeed the "definition" of a true bobcat.. [b]why weren't you asked to be on the hiring committee?[/b]
[/quote]

Good question!!!!

[quote name="TAMU" post="1200987" timestamp="1332508468"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=97862.msg1200982#msg1200982 date=1332507786]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=97862.msg1200409#msg1200409 date=1332424825]
[/quote]

Also..  since you are indeed the "definition" of a true bobcat.. [b]why weren't you asked to be on the hiring committee?[/b]
[/quote]

Good question!!!!
[/quote]
[b]GREAT[/b] question!!!!

I have coached for 25 years, but am new to Southeast Texas. I had never heard of Hull Daisetta until this position became open. Someone tell me, please, exactly where is Hull Daisetta?

Just kidding...............

It is actually a nice community, and I hope they find the right person to lead the charge of their athletic program.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1200982" timestamp="1332507786"]
[/quote]

To be such a passionate bobcat supporter...you're not very supportive.  [b]Why don't you just trust that the school administration will make the right decision.[/b]
Also..  since you are indeed the "definition" of a true bobcat.. why weren't you asked to be on the hiring committee?
[/quote]
Yea right! What school administration makes the right decisions?

A coach like Broussard is a great fit! he has coached at numerous area schools liberty (middle school coordinator), Anuwac (Offensive Coordinator), and Lumberton (qb coach). He knows the area, and not only is he a great coach, he is a great guy. I have had the privalage to play for him, and have stayed in touch with him. He knows what it takes to win football games!

So I looked at the list of applicants for this job, there are some really good coaches on that list. My question is this, what if the decision makers hire a guy that some of you guys have not heard of, or thought of? What kind of support does he get?

[quote name="jdb44" post="1201349" timestamp="1332546214"]
So I looked at the list of applicants for this job, there are some really good coaches on that list. My question is this, what if the decision makers hire a guy that some of you guys have not heard of, or thought of? What kind of support does he get?
[/quote]I work in Safety Management, when we hire, we base it off of the persons resume. The resume shows the applicants experience, as well as the certifications the applicant has. After finding a well qualified and experienced applicant, we bring that person in for an interview. In that interview you will see if the applicants resume is just blowing smoke, or that he is the real deal. Family and friends should never be hired, it just don't work. (Drama). As a Manager I would always interview the best qualified person, especially one with a proven track record. If I didn't, I would be short changing my company and myself. So... for the H-D hiring committee to NOT interview Stan Hodges, because one of our principles was not best friends with him back in the late 90's, when Coach Hodges was at H-D, is down right crazy. Stan Hodges is probably the most qualified Coach on the list. He won a State Championship with Judson in 2002, coached in 34 playoff games(4 State Semi-Finals games), and turned the Kountze program around when there. Most of the committee is said to live outside of the District, along with the Superintendent. POLITICS!! Furthermore, what small school with pride and tradition, does not grant an interview to an alumnus that is a good Coach? Randy Birdwell went to H-D from K-12 and was a Beta Club member and one heck of a H-D football player, he has been Coaching in Anahauc for years and he does NOT get an interview. WOW!! Do the right thing, do the best you can and show people you care. NO BROTHER INLAW STUFF!!!!!!

[i][b]I work in Safety Management, when we hire, we base it off of the persons resume. The resume shows the applicants experience, as well as the certifications the applicant has. After finding a well qualified and experienced applicant, we bring that person in for an interview. In that interview you will see if the applicants resume is just blowing smoke, or that he is the real deal. Family and friends should never be hired, it just don't work. (Drama). As a Manager I would always interview the best qualified person, especially one with a proven track record. If I didn't, I would be short changing my company and myself.[/b][/i]

So, is this new guy going to have your support?

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1201675" timestamp="1332604819"]
YES!! Anybody that is a H-D Bobcat, has my support. I am a H-D Bobcat born and raised. I just hope the transplant H-D Bobcats pick the right guy.  ;) :-\
[/quote]

Very good answer, I have been in your shoes of hoping many times.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1201330" timestamp="1332544257"]
I completely agree that Michael Broussard is the right man for the job.  He has gone over and above for the kids on many levels. 

That is a guy I want as my AD.
[/quote]
Couldn't of said it better myself, I hope he finds himself back in Liberty one day, but this time as Head Coach/Athletic Director, good luck to Coach Broussard wherever he ends up.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1201744" timestamp="1332624046"]
[quote author=jacobmccandles link=topic=97862.msg1201730#msg1201730 date=1332620736]
55 Why is hodges already out at wos?
[/quote]No clue.
[/quote]

It really has to do with the fact that the offense Hodges runs simply was not compatable with the type of athletes at WO-S.  Nothing against Coach Hodges, it is just you realize sometimes a bit too late that styles don't fit.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83