Sacrifice and Roles!

PPG are the single most viewed statistic on the charts but many contributions that a player makes does not make the books. Unfortunately, the average fan and voters sometimes doesn't comprehend who is contributing to the team's success.  My point is, in the eyes of the beholder, players may only seem to be average but to their coach their service's are greatly appreciated.

Also, for the sake of the TEAM, the athlete's role may have to vary throughout their career.  Now this can take place without selfishness or feelings can get hurt and things can go bump in the night.  Now speaking from experience the bumping is usually is the dissatisfied parent which often transcends to the kid. The day I let my son's path take it course minus me at the wheel (wished I would have done it earlier) was the best day of my life. I realized this when I saw two different soilders standing side by side, one was a private in grungy army fatigue the other in a dress uniform showered with medals.  No difference between the two because they were both fighting for the same cause.

Sacrifice, builds character and those who rise above adversity and lack of aknowlegement will be better in the long run. When a horse is being prepared for a race one of the first things that are applied will be the blinders.  Making the animal tunnel visioned helps eliminate distractions which in return helps the horse FINiSH THE RACE!

I assure you that there is a many player that did not recieve accolades that a coach would tell you he is the MVP of the team.  Yea it hurts but the sacrifice that they are making is the greatest reward that they can achieve.  By the way, before critics of the forum boards evaluate my post I did this without glasses and spellcheck, so forgive me for the mistakes.

Keep up the GOOD FIGHT in the end your hands will be raised victoriously.  :)

You are the only person who has made any sense in regards to what I was feeling about my nephew, Zjori. I appreciate your words. In retrospect I think that maybe my responses might have been inflammatory. When you love someone and you feel that they have been mistreated sometimes one lets thier emotions take over. After having a night to sleep on it, and after having a clear head I realize that this can be a valuable life lesson for my nephew. In life we don't always get what we deserve, but yet we must continue to push forward. I take comfort in the scripture that says that "everything works together for good for those who love the lord and are called according to his purpose"

[quote name="lamar73!" post="1198601" timestamp="1331984972"]
PPG are the single most viewed statistic on the charts but many contributions that a player makes does not make the books. Unfortunately, the average fan and voters sometimes doesn't comprehend who is contributing to the team's success.  My point is, in the eyes of the beholder, players may only seem to be average but to their coach their service's are greatly appreciated.

Also, for the sake of the TEAM, the athlete's role may have to vary throughout their career.  Now this can take place without selfishness or feelings can get hurt and things can go bump in the night.  Now speaking from experience the bumping is usually is the dissatisfied parent which often transcends to the kid. The day I let my son's path take it course minus me at the wheel (wished I would have done it earlier) was the best day of my life. I realized this when I saw two different soilders standing side by side, one was a private in grungy army fatigue the other in a dress uniform showered with medals.  No difference between the two because they were both fighting for the same cause.

Sacrifice, builds character and those who rise above adversity and lack of aknowlegement will be better in the long run. When a horse is being prepared for a race one of the first things that are applied will be the blinders.  Making the animal tunnel visioned helps eliminate distractions which in return helps the horse FINiSH THE RACE!

I assure you that there is a many player that did not recieve accolades that a coach would tell you he is the MVP of the team.  Yea it hurts but the sacrifice that they are making is the greatest reward that they can achieve.  By the way, before critics of the forum boards evaluate my post I did this without glasses and spellcheck, so forgive me for the mistakes.

Keep up the GOOD FIGHT in the end your hands will be raised victoriously.  :)
[/quote]

We were lucky enough to have several kids on our team this year just like this, They are the foundation to a great program. And in my opinion and many others they are greater than "ALLSTATE", they have it figured out and will be very successful no matter what they do.

Poppa- Your last sentence is the key.  None of these kids are going to the NBA and will need to know how to "make it" in the outside world.  The very ones of which you speak have a head start in that respect.  They already know that pounding your chest, making the slit throat sign, and grasping what's just below one's belt will not get them anywhere.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1201110" timestamp="1332521807"]
Poppa- Your last sentence is the key.  None of these kids are going to the NBA and will need to know how to "make it" in the outside world.  The very ones of which you speak have a head start in that respect.  They already know that pounding your chest, making the slit throat sign, and grasping what's just below one's belt will not get them anywhere.
[/quote]  ::) I have some homeboys who you have just described when they were young. (pounding chest,etc.) One grad from Stanford, another from U of H, and several other players from various schools. One is a millionaire and the others are upper class middle class workers. They turned out alright.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1201215" timestamp="1332537037"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=97693.msg1201110#msg1201110 date=1332521807]
[/quote]  ::) I have some homeboys who you have just described when they were young. (pounding chest,etc.) One grad from Stanford, another from U of H, and several other players from various schools. One is a millionaire and the others are upper class middle class workers. They turned out alright.
[/quote]

And for every one of them there is a 100 or 1000 ne'er do wells.  I would also add that Jane Fonda, Michael Moore. Dennis Rodman and Ron Artest (aka Meta World Peace) are also millionaires

I apologize.  I was under the obviously mistaken impression that the "fun"/ satisfaction was derived from playing the game well.  I guess I need to get with the times.  Dove, maybe you are not as "old school" as you claim. Am gonna try to encourage the Little Dribblers team I watch this morning to do the "pat down" during the introduction.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn